The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

8 minutes ago, sadge said:

That seems pricey. Is that 65 inch or 55 inch?

I found one olx seller giving C2 for 1.02 L offering same day COD with bill and standard warranty. Apparently this is - gst amount. Kinda looks shady but he’s been in olx since 2014 and has been transparent so far. Never trusted olx so this one is last resort. 

My bad bro, I meant 1.15.

Id ask you to not buy from olx

• Thanks 1

Just now, Snake said:

My bad bro, I meant 1.15.

Id ask you to not buy from olx

This helps! thanks. 

Yeah, I’m too paranoid to buy any value stuff from OLX/Flipkart, let alone high-value products.

I expected more deals from Croma. I usually see great discounts. I’ll see some offline stores tomorrow. 

9 hours ago, sadge said:

Ok. I'll try to see more local shops in Chennai.

So far checked LG showrooms - they simply restate the same MRP + bank offer cashback for no-cost EMI payment mode.

Price in Croma is even higher than LG showroom itself. Don't know how that works T_T

Checked two other where there's negligible discount. :/

Check Reliance Digital Bro.. Sweet spot would be to get it for 1.15 to 1.2 like Snake got.. If you don't get anywhere then go with Amazon, Amazon ICICI card will knock off 5% so that's like 1.2 right there..

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Check Reliance Digital Bro.. Sweet spot would be to get it for 1.15 to 1.2 like Snake got.. If you don't get anywhere then go with Amazon, Amazon ICICI card will knock off 5% so that's like 1.2 right there..

Btw cashback accrued on cards/wallets above 50k in a FY is supposed to be considered as income from other sources and is taxable.

• Like 1

So this is what I have (listing min price alone) after getting quotes from some offline stores.

LG C2 55” - ₹1.20L + 7k cashback from no-cost EMI.

LG C2 65” - ₹1.88L + same cashback scheme.

LG G2 55” - ₹1.35L + for some reason no Cashback on this one. I don’t know if they are bluffing to clear C2s.

Sony A80K 55” - ₹1.40L

Sony A8OJ 55” - ₹1.09L

Honestly did not see a difference between A80J and A80K. For me, A80J sounded better even. ?

G2 looked so slim throughout and was a little bit brighter than C2. I don’t know if that is worth paying extra 15K. Probably not. 

preference is to wall mount whatever I buy. I don’t know if it’s me but colours on the Sony looked very vibrant. 

probably have to goto a different RD store. The staff didn’t seem like he wanted to sell the TVs or even slightly interested to explain offers 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, sadge said:

So this is what I have (listing min price alone) after getting quotes from some offline stores.

LG G2 55” - ₹1.35L + for some reason no Cashback on this one. I don’t know if they are bluffing to clear C2s.

Sony A80K 55” - ₹1.40L

Sony A8OJ 55” - ₹1.09L

Honestly did not see a difference between A80J and A80K. For me, A80J sounded better even. ?

G2 looked so slim throughout and was a little bit brighter than C2. I don’t know if that is worth paying extra 15K. Probably not. 

preference is to wall mount whatever I buy. I don’t know if it’s me but colours on the Sony looked very vibrant. 

probably have to goto a different RD store. The staff didn’t seem like he wanted to sell the TVs or even slightly interested to explain offers 

Those with higher margins will always look better in stores. :lol:

But I'm done with Sony and Android TV. WebOS is miles ahead of any other TVs, and even if you use a firestick, Android's menu system is such a massive f**king crapfest on Sony. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

But I'm done with Sony and Android TV. WebOS is miles ahead of any other TVs, and even if you use a firestick, Android's menu system is such a massive f**king crapfest on Sony. 

Damn., the OS is that bad huh.

53 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Tizen OS is pretty good too. Very minimal and exactly what a TV should have. No BS. 

24 minutes ago, sadge said:

Damn., the OS is that bad huh.

I've a Sony and LG. Lets just say I want to throw the remote atthe Sony everytime I use that TV. 

It has twice stopped identifying Tata Sky DTH box, and had to be reset. The pain of setting everything from scratch, twice, sigh. And with the recent update, the remote stopped working for DTH.

LG, OTOH, had only 1 issue since 2018. Mobo changed. 7k spent - cheap for a Mobo. Else works like a champ. No burn in. OS is 10x smoother than a 2020 Sony FALD. 

Android is a f**king mess. 

• Sad 1

On 2/15/2023 at 5:12 PM, sadge said:

Sony A80K 55” - ₹1.40L

Sony A8OJ 55” - ₹1.09L

Can you share the stores where you got those prices from? I am also in the hunt and looking to get a 55" OLED in the next few months. Also any idea when the 2023 models C3/S90C will get launched here?

44 minutes ago, vpraveenis said:

Can you share the stores where you got those prices from? I am also in the hunt and looking to get a 55" OLED in the next few months. Also any idea when the 2023 models C3/S90C will get launched here?

New sets will come after April and will probably cost around the same around Diwali/Dussehra but not much difference in performance this time.

Edited by KunjanPSD
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2023 at 5:55 PM, vpraveenis said:

Try Reliance Digital and Croma. Go to the store directly during Friday - Sunday window. 

LG website has a 5% discount for new members too. 

lowest price from Amazon & Flipkart all are from sellers rated so low. So that’s depressing.

Reliance guy also said he’ll give 3 year warranty for the same price compared to one from others. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...