The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

• 3 weeks later...

CX OLED Boys - Your 3 year TV warranty should be nearing so its a good time to do a check and see if it needs a replacement before the standard warranty runs out..

I along with other IVG member had bought CX65 in November 2020, for a normal watch there is really no difference at all.. you won't even notice that anything is wrong but when you look closer the TV had started developing dead pixels on the borders and it can be more with usage.. Here is a pic to show, from far you will not notice anything.. Look closer from the screen when playing the video:

20230414-204255.jpg

Play this video from YouTube and you will be able to see the dots if it has caused on the top or bottom borders..

Good News is Both of our TV are approved for replacement and a new panel is being  replaced.. Its technically a new TV :naughty: now

Please check and get your new TVs 

Edited by Assassins Creed
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Guys,

Need a recommendation.

Looking to buy a 55" TV for the living room in Bangalore.

Primary use is content consumption via OTT and Stremio. I hope to use it a little bit for gaming as well, with my old OG PS4.

Maximum ₹ I plan to shell out is 80-85K. 

I have heard that there's a general trend that most TVs, we should use for 3, max 4 yrs and exchange away while it still is in working condition and that there's no escaping the grim possibility that one day your TV will go kaput. Do you guys think this trend is also valid for TV's in this price range as well? Interested to hear your thoughts.

Where am I coming from: Samsung BU8000 55" (which I had to leave behind due to personal reasons) paired with the Edifier R1280DBs and Edifier T5 Subwoofer combination - both of which i plan to use with the new setup.

What I've already seen:

Sony X74K/X80K/X90K/A80K - (76-80K) X80K seems to come inside my budget while still being a really good TV. Having to pay Sony tax, yet not having features like Dolby Vision does bother me a little.

Samsung Frame 2022 (83K) - Seems to be the most recommended option with the infamous Matte Display, and 100Hz VRR which makes it future proof. Yet to see in person though.

Vu Masterpiece (56K) - Seems to be an interesting option I picked up from watching recommendations in YouTube around this topic. Feature packed with Dolby Atmos, 120Hz VRR, etc. for this price is swaying my decision to go with either of the above options. Should i even bother? Has anyone in this forum seen this model before? Is there any place i can see this in person in Bangalore?

LG C2 (1L or above) - Drooled over it at a store. Still accepting the reality that OLEDs are out of my budget. Additionally OLED burn-in make TV go kaput these days too, right?!?

Inviting recommendations, suggestions and thoughts to help make my decision.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, sudeepg95 said:

Guys,

Need a recommendation.

Primary use is content consumption via OTT and Stremio. I hope to use it a little bit for gaming as well, with my old OG PS4.

I have heard that there's a general trend that most TVs, we should use for 3, max 4 yrs and exchange away while it still is in working condition and that there's no escaping the grim possibility that one day your TV will go kaput. Do you guys think this trend is also valid for TV's in this price range as well? Interested to hear your thoughts.

Where am I coming from: Samsung BU8000 55" (which I had to leave behind due to personal reasons) paired with the Edifier R1280DBs and Edifier T5 Subwoofer combination - both of which i plan to use with the new setup.

What I've already seen:

Sony X74K/X80K/X90K/A80K - (76-80K) X80K seems to come inside my budget while still being a really good TV. Having to pay Sony tax, yet not having features like Dolby Vision does bother me a little.

Samsung Frame 2022 (83K) - Seems to be the most recommended option with the infamous Matte Display, and 100Hz VRR which makes it future proof. Yet to see in person though.

Vu Masterpiece (56K) - Seems to be an interesting option I picked up from watching recommendations in YouTube around this topic. Feature packed with Dolby Atmos, 120Hz VRR, etc. for this price is swaying my decision to go with either of the above options. Should i even bother? Has anyone in this forum seen this model before? Is there any place i can see this in person in Bangalore?

LG C2 (1L or above) - Drooled over it at a store. Still accepting the reality that OLEDs are out of my budget. Additionally OLED burn-in make TV go kaput these days too, right?!?

Thank you!

If you're spending 85k, add some budget and go for OLED. There's no point spending that much money for FALD or similar TV (I've both, and my 2018 OLED gives a much better viewing experience than a flagship Sony FALD). 

Burn in is a non issue nowadays. Mine is running fine, 5th year now. Others can vouch as well. 

If you absolutely cannot spend additionally over 85k, get a much cheaper TV now, and upgrade to OLED in a year or two. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sudeepg95 said:

Guys,

Need a recommendation.

What I've already seen:

Thank you!

Get 48 inch LG C2 OLED

• Like 1

On 4/14/2023 at 8:46 PM, Assassins Creed said:

CX OLED Boys - Your 3 year TV warranty should be nearing so its a good time to do a check and see if it needs a replacement before the standard warranty runs out..

I along with other IVG member had bought CX65 in November 2020, for a normal watch there is really no difference at all.. you won't even notice that anything is wrong but when you look closer the TV had started developing dead pixels on the borders and it can be more with usage.. Here is a pic to show, from far you will not notice anything.. Look closer from the screen when playing the video:

20230414-204255.jpg

Play this video from YouTube and you will be able to see the dots if it has caused on the top or bottom borders..

Good News is Both of our TV are approved for replacement and a new panel is being  replaced.. Its technically a new TV :naughty: now

Just checked and these dead pixels are showing up near the borders. :nerves: 

Going to contact customer care ASAP. 

Is this a common problem with OLEDs ? My FALD TV has never had this issue. 

EDIT: Just read online and multiple cases on Reddit too. 

Edited by SuperT
  • Sad 2

On 4/14/2023 at 8:46 PM, Assassins Creed said:

20230414-204255.jpg

Except the subtitle area, my panel is doing pretty well. I'm surprised. 

21 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Except the subtitle area, my panel is doing pretty well. I'm surprised. 

No dead pixels ? Man you are lucky, I just called a friend of mine also to check and he also has the dead pixels issue specifically near the edges. Did you play the monitor test video on youtube ? @Assassins Creed LG ko bhari jhatka dediya, they are going to get multiple complaints in the next few days.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, SuperT said:

No dead pixels ? Man you are lucky, I just called a friend of mine also to check and he also has the dead pixels issue specifically near the edges. Did you play the monitor test video on youtube ? @Assassins Creed LG ko bhari jhatka dediya, they are going to get multiple complaints in the next few days.

No dead pixels. Just some burn in in the lower middle of the screen where subtitles appear. Not noticeable when playing content. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Like 1

Got a quote for 1.17L for C2 55 inch from Croma (Price matched with Amazon - 1.25L, bank discount above it)  Additional 12K for +3 yrs warranty on top of 2 yrs warranty from LG.  

The executive was pushing me towards Sony A80J 55 inch for 1.15L as well. 

Update:

Closed the deal for C2 55 inch for 1.14L + 12K for 3 yrs warranty from Croma

Edited by sudeepg95

4 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

I got my CX in 2021 and I didn't take the extended warranty (there was stupid pricing on the extended warranty at the Reliance Digital I got my TV from) and I'm scared to take that test. :fear:

Test will not only reveal dead pixels, it’ll also reveal burn-in. Check the red colour specifically which is the weakest in oled panel

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VelivolusDas said:

I got my CX in 2021 and I didn't take the extended warranty (there was stupid pricing on the extended warranty at the Reliance Digital I got my TV from) and I'm scared to take that test. :fear:

You should still have 3 years right ?

1 hour ago, VelivolusDas said:

Ideally 3 years on panel at least from my understanding by default. Just call the LG customer care and check if your TV is under warranty or not, they should be able to tell you by checking your phone no/tv serial number on their system.

Edited by SuperT

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

Test will not only reveal dead pixels, it’ll also reveal burn-in. Check the red colour specifically which is the weakest in oled panel

I did that monitor color test on my 2017 OLED, no dead pixels but some burn-in is there

32 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

You should still have 3 years right ?

18 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Ideally 3 years on panel at least from my understanding by default. Just call the LG customer care and check if your TV is under warranty or not, they should be able to tell you by checking your phone no/tv serial number on their system.

Oh, I didn't know that the panel had a 3 year warranty by default. I'll find out by calling them tomorrow. Thanks, guys!