The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

21 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Panel Replacement Complete :notangel:

What they do is transfer the motherboard, speakers from the old unit to new panel.. so you don't loose any settings 

20230420-143605.jpg

Mine was also done, did the white screen test and monitor tests again and could spot a small dead pixel on the bottom left of the new panel but I said f*&k it and will accept it for what it is, it is not visible at all unless you stand 4-5 inches away from the screen and look very closely for it.

Honestly, dead pixels (4-5) I think is a given, specially saw a lot of posts on reddit in fact in the west the policy is I guess 8 dead pixels are required for a replacement. But it is a little worrying that I developed so many dead pixels on the old panel with only 1308 hrs of screen time and there are so many cases of this all over the internet. Kudos to LG for changing the panel thank god the TV had not crossed the 3 yrs warranty mark.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looking to buy a 75 inch TV down the road without spending much. I have a Vu 55 from last couple of years and has good experience with it. 

Does anyone else have experience with Vu brand? It seems to have pretty good reviews (1220) and rating (4.7). Ofcourse it wont be matched with Sony/LGs/Samsung but can live with it if its decent enough for daily viewing/playing in HDR. 

https://www.amazon.in/inches-Masterpiece-Android-75QMP-Speaker/dp/B09TB9V5R1?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_D_b9793985_2&th=1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2023 at 8:46 PM, Assassins Creed said:

CX OLED Boys - Your 3 year TV warranty should be nearing so its a good time to do a check and see if it needs a replacement before the standard warranty runs out..

I along with other IVG member had bought CX65 in November 2020, for a normal watch there is really no difference at all.. you won't even notice that anything is wrong but when you look closer the TV had started developing dead pixels on the borders and it can be more with usage.. Here is a pic to show, from far you will not notice anything.. Look closer from the screen when playing the video:

20230414-204255.jpg

Play this video from YouTube and you will be able to see the dots if it has caused on the top or bottom borders..

Good News is Both of our TV are approved for replacement and a new panel is being  replaced.. Its technically a new TV :naughty: now

Please check and get your new TVs 

C1 Boys - Can you run this test on your TVs.. ideally used more than a year and feedback..  Want to know if this is a CX issue only.. 

3 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

C1 Boys - Can you run this test on your TVs.. ideally used more than a year and feedback..  Want to know if this is a CX issue only.. 

Do you know how to check the warranty? I am sure I got it when I got it but didn't get any document etc.

11 hours ago, abhi90 said:

Do you know how to check the warranty? I am sure I got it when I got it but didn't get any document etc.

You should know this lol call up the customer care and check. I think its 3 years standard bought during festive sales.

27 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

You should know this lol call up the customer care and check. I think its 3 years standard bought during festive sales.

In case anyone is confused like me:

The warranty depends on date of purchase, download the warranty card from here:https://www.lg.com/in/tvs-warranty-information 

28 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

so many dead pixels :panic: :panic:

Hmm.. Been eyeing c2 55 for quite a while now but insecure seeing quality issues with LG a lot. 

My existing sony OLED running like day 1 since last 5 years with no noticeable display flaw like burn in, banding or even a dead pixel. Too bad it doesn't have HDMI 2.1 and switching brand entirely for HDMI 2.1 seems like a risky take. 

On 5/21/2023 at 8:07 PM, Assassins Creed said:

I ran it on mine (April 2022 purchase) thrice. Didn't notice any dead pixel. 

Edited by silv3rgunn3r
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Is that even possible? Never knew this.  How will the cc issuer find out that you got a defective product? Just curious

It depends how long it has been since the txn, I forgot to mention that.

Basically chargeback is a challenge that can be won or lost but if you provide sufficient proof of wrongdoing, communication, INGRAM complaint, the issuer (the bank) can rule it in your favour.

Merchant will have to generate counter proofs.

So you are forcing the merchant to now advocate themselves against the bank and not just screw the customer over.

In India, chargebacks are still not the one stop solution, in US etc, chargebacks are so powerful that merchants generally give in and hence, are quite often misused.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Basically chargeback is a challenge that can be won or lost but if you provide sufficient proof of wrongdoing, communication, INGRAM complaint, the issuer (the bank) can rule it in your favour.

So you are forcing the merchant to now advocate themselves against the bank and not just screw the customer over.

In India, chargebacks are still not the one stop solution, in US etc, chargebacks are so powerful that merchants generally give in and hence, are quite often misused.

Oh i see. Ya I’ve heard of that happening frequently in US especially with PayPal chargebacks. Didn’t know it was possible here in India

10 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

India also its good enough, like you said it will put Merchant's in spot and they need to prove everything. You will get a temporary credit and Merchant will get 90 days to respond.. some merchants ignore it and voila the temp credit becomes permanent and u keep the defective product also :D :naughty: