The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

56 minutes ago, hazard12345 said:

these Oled issues here are making me consider buying a 50k monitor and be done with it for my ps5.

Any recommendations

7 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

All the issues are getting fixed via warranty. Not really a big issue.

It will happen to you at exactly 3 years and 1 month :P

1 minute ago, dante77 said:

It will happen to you at exactly 3 years and 1 month :P

One can always extend warranty.

And double viewing experience bhi hai.

This is like I will not buy Mercedes because repair cost is too much.

5 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

One can always extend warranty.

And double viewing experience bhi hai.

This is like I will not buy Mercedes because repair cost is too much.

Double viewing experience to hai. But I am kinda satisfied with my PQ. It's as good as it gets. 

Good that you put a nice analogy with maintenance cost. Agree on this :lol:

I think mini led/micro led is the way to go when those panels become more common. Won't be as good as oled obviously. One major issue with oled tvs is transport. You are f**ked if you dont have the original box and even with original packing there is no gaurantee you can have it repacked safely. Mofos are unnecessarily thin.

7 hours ago, dante77 said:

It's almost double though. 

Have a C8. No dead pixels. Burn in visible only if you specifically check for it. To 99% of the buyers, it won't be seen and they won't be bothered. 

If you really think QLED can match OLED quality or OLED has serious issues, you're highly mkstaken. 

3 hours ago, playstationdude said:

I think mini led/micro led is the way to go when those panels become more common. Won't be as good as oled obviously. One major issue with oled tvs is transport. You are f**ked if you dont have the original box and even with original packing there is no gaurantee you can have it repacked safely. Mofos are unnecessarily thin.

The iPad Pro 12.9 has miniLED. And the blooming is clearly visible. Microled should help, but we're still away a few years. 

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

The iPad Pro 12.9 has miniLED. And the blooming is clearly visible. Microled should help, but we're still away a few years. 

I don't even see manufacturers move towards microled, very few concept designs. Most probably OLED will continue to get reliability enhancements.

12 hours ago, playstationdude said:

We had the original box and called the LG guys for installing and un-installing. Was not a problem at all for us. But yeah they seem fragile!

ALso this screen issue was a panel defect with CX, it's not common on OLED after or before that!

8 hours ago, vpraveenis said:

Samsung launches QD OLED in India finally. Made in India as well with 2yr Warranty. Need to wait and see if this is better than LG C3 in terms of burn-in or not..

Samsung Launches QD OLED TVs in India

Looking at the test Rtings.com is doing, QD OLEDs are worse as far as burn-in is concerned.

4 hours ago, Sach4life said:

Looking at the test Rtings.com is doing, QD OLEDs are worse as far as burn-in is concerned.

Is it because they tend to get brighter causing lower life span of pixels?

6 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Is it because they tend to get brighter causing lower life span of pixels?

Not sure. That could be a reason. Also, tradition OLEDs got better overtime. Could be possible that as QD-OLEDs mature in terms of technology, they will get better as well.

11 hours ago, Sach4life said:

I think it's also due to there not being a dedicated white subpixel? :fear:

22 hours ago, hazard12345 said:

Anybody here is using the 42" version of C1/C2. I am looking to use it as a mix of desktop and gaming, also I prefer to sit very close to the screen for immersion purpose rather than a couch/sofa 

I am using the 50 inch QN90B for work/gaming as a desktop setup.