The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

Always wanted this thread........ I'm planning to buy THIS LCD very soon........ Probably next week itself...........

Comments please.......... :bigyellowgrin:

Thats a pretty sound purchase. Why don't you get something bigger though? I am sure post the Diwali sales you might be able to snag one for cheap. I have a 42 from LG and love it

Thats a pretty sound purchase. Why don't you get something bigger though? I am sure post the Diwali sales you might be able to snag one for cheap. I have a 42 from LG and love it

My living room isn't that big...... I currently have a 29" SDTV and it's the perfect size....... So, a 32" LCD should be totally fine........

BTW which model do you have....???? Any link........???

^ How was the LED? Anything went wrong?

working great. although for some reason the picture aspect is screwed up while watching normal tv. airtel dth is being used.

there are 2 black bands on either side.

i have tried to find where to set the aspect ratio to 16:9 but havent found where to do so :|

tv's great. played some games using ps3. the quality is awesome :O

the best TV money can buy right now. yes.

thanks, i actually wanted a 46" as the space here aint big to fit a 50 incher imo but that size was not available in V series. its either 42 or 50

Its a matter of preference actually, some dont like the black bands appearing on the side, but that makes the people look normal and not fat/stretched if u view on "Wide Zoom" or "Full"...so

I have airtel HD too dude. they only telecast WC, Wimbledon and CWG on HD. those fkers wont be launching nay HD channels anytime

Edited by Death Stryke
  • Like 1

Alrite! This is the thread we all needed really bad.

So my dad's planning to buy an HD tv. His budget is 50k and I suggested a full HD plasma. We did a tour of some retail outlets today and zeroed in on Panasonic Viera TH-P42S10A.

Is there a better option than this for the same budget? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

At last i have brought LCD this Diwali :wOOtjumpy:

lg_32ld340_1.jpg

Its specs

http://www.lg.com/in/tv-audio-video/lcd-tv/LG-32LD340.jsp

Brought it for 34990 and got a Tatasky Dth free.. with it..

I am loving every bit of it... :bigyellowgrin:

Sorry to break it mate but you got ripped off. I bought the exact same model for 28k a couple of months back (Onam festive season in Kerala) and I got Airtel DTH free with it.

Great TV though. :)

Edited by Fuujin

Alrite! This is the thread we all needed really bad.

So my dad's planning to buy an HD tv. His budget is 50k and I suggested a full HD plasma. We did a tour of some retail outlets today and zeroed in on Panasonic Viera TH-P42S10A.

Is there a better option than this for the same budget? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

instead of the S10A which is a 2009 model, go for G20D. Its got better pic Q, much better blacks, a couple of extra features (which may not be that useful though :P ) and near about the same price.

There is 100 hour initial period during which u have to take extra care with plasmas. There are some video files available on the net u can play continuously on loop during this period. The burn in problem is much lesss now.

no loops reqd. just keep the contrast to around 50-60 and you should be good.

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread