The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

My living room isn't that big...... I currently have a 29" SDTV and it's the perfect size....... So, a 32" LCD should be totally fine........

BTW which model do you have....???? Any link........???

Sry for the late response but work has been doing my head in - http://www.lg.com/levant_en/tv-audio-video/televisions/LG-lcd-42LF20FR.jsp

Edited by Mel81x

Just bought THIS LCD from Croma for 41k and got a DVD-player and LCD-screen cleaning kit free......... :D

Will be delivered at my place tomorrow........ :happydance: Finally I shall enjoy HD-glory......... :D

BTW the big question now...... HDMI cable........ :fear: Where to get a sasti one.....?????? :unsure:

Just bought THIS LCD from Croma for 41k and got a DVD-player and LCD-screen cleaning kit free......... :D

Will be delivered at my place tomorrow........ :happydance: Finally I shall enjoy HD-glory......... :D

BTW the big question now...... HDMI cable........ :fear: Where to get a sasti one.....?????? :unsure:

Awesome.

HDMI cable hamesha grey market se. The cheaper the better ! :P

^^In one of ur earlier posts you mentioned that Plasmas have better colors and contrast. Better than LEDs too?

Yes. Plasmas have a larger colour range. And contrast also. LEDs so called look better because they are brighter. Showrooms turn up the LEd brightness and dim the plasmas. Fiddle around with the settings and you'll notice the difference. Plasma colours are natural. Oh and it will demolish LCDs LEDs when it comes to response time e.g. sports. Near instantaneous response.

Yes. Plasmas have a larger colour range. And contrast also. LEDs so called look better because they are brighter. Showrooms turn up the LEd brightness and dim the plasmas. Fiddle around with the settings and you'll notice the difference. Plasma colours are natural. Oh and it will demolish LCDs LEDs when it comes to response time e.g. sports. Near instantaneous response.

why is that ? bijjli kharcha ?

and btw, is it worth going for a dvd player on a 50" plasma ? dad was saying to get one but i told him dvds would look sad on that big a tv. he insisted and i told him about blu rays and how ps3 is probably the best damn video player out there and as i have one, there is no need for getting a new dvd player.

do dvds really look stretched and sh*t on a 50incher ? i think they do but am not sure.

congrats bro :good:

but 41k tak budget aa hi gaya tha.. toh u could have got the Bravia 32" NX500 for 42k .... monolithic a.k.a Saxy design n all

Anyways.. good deal what u got as well. :)

why is that ? bijjli kharcha ?

and btw, is it worth going for a dvd player on a 50" plasma ? dad was saying to get one but i told him dvds would look sad on that big a tv. he insisted and i told him about blu rays and how ps3 is probably the best damn video player out there and as i have one, there is no need for getting a new dvd player.

do dvds really look stretched and sh*t on a 50incher ? i think they do but am not sure.

dvd's will looks a bit better than your cable tv,you can set the scan mode on your tv i think so it'll display with 4:3 aspect with black bars on either side.

they let you think that led's are better as they cost more, is the current IN-thing and has more margin for profit.

I have a 42" Plasma, 46" LCD and a 46" 3D LED TV in my house and I can assure you guys that picture quality in an LED TV is much better than that in Plasma. When watching Blu rays and other stuff, it is very difficult to differentiate in picture quality but when watching normal cable tv, you really realise how clear an LED TV is.

Watching football matches is much better on an LED TV than on a Plasma and I do watch a lot of football matches; so I believe I can give a good judgement on this. Movie viewing is almost the same in Plasma and LEDs. Not that big a fan of LCD TVs and if you go into minute details, then it is definitely a clear 3rd when compared to Plasma and LED. However, a few people here are saying that Plasmas are much better than LEDs after just fiddling with it in the showroom. You really have to own both the TVs and have daily usage on both televisions to realise which one is better or to make a reasonable judgement.

Edited by Avishkar

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread