The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

15 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Yes . 

It's showing 31k for me now after 1k discount by just selecting on net banking option or my hdfc card . Generally card offer discount (SBI in this case ) is additional . So you should get 2750 discount . 

Damn ,I would want to get vu pixelight then.

Tough choice.

Android option seems a must but picture quality should be the priority.

1 hour ago, HEMAN said:

Go for 40inch price difference is not much. Most TV will support those apps natively. Another reason to go for 40inch is most 32inch will not be full HD.

There seems space constraint hence opting for 32 

2 hours ago, DinJo said:

Need help on selecting a 32 TV main need is to stream hotstar, YouTube and chrome cast supported 

This one seems the best for your needs. 

iFFALCON by TCL 79.97cm (32 inch) HD Ready LED Smart Android TV  with HDR 10 And Google Assistant
http://dl.flipkart.com/dl/iffalcon-tcl-79-97cm-32-inch-hd-ready-led-smart-android-tv-hdr-10-google-assistant/p/itmf7hcfgwf2wzx8?pid=TVSF7HCFDCSAHZSE&cmpid=product.share.pp

@GunnerY2J If you have good net, you can just side load an app called Oreo TV.. Its got all the channels in there for free along with options for selecting the video quality as well.. They were providing Jio TV and Hotstar content all for free but now I guess its gone but they have alternates to it and you get live TV covered in it.. Content wise its got some good movies as well.. So worth a check..

I just watch matches when it telecasts on a channel I havent subbed in Dish TV.. Easy to view even with mobile data..

Edited by funnyadit

46 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

Damn ,I would want to get vu pixelight then.

Tough choice.

Android option seems a must but picture quality should be the priority.

Why not go for 50 inch VU premium and enjoy both Android and better picture Quality.

Size difference between 50 and 55 inch TV isnt that huge imo

Edited by Krazyniks

1 hour ago, Krazyniks said:

Why not go for 50 inch VU premium and enjoy both Android and better picture Quality.

Size difference between 50 and 55 inch TV isnt that huge imo

Even 50 inch isn't available either here.

Need for hall so 55 should be good but might have taken 50 if available.

I think pixelite should do it for DTH viewing, will decide tomorrow if there are any more changes.

@funnyadit use mobile data as well.

Such apps like oreo TV are only on playstore or vu store is good enough ?

Edited by GunnerY2J

7 hours ago, Nathan.Drake said:

Planning to get a TV - 55”, Don’t want to spend more than 80k. It will only be used for Gaming and Streaming content. 

Confused between regular Sony LED 4k or Samsung QLEDs. Do budget QLEDs have better picture quality compared to sony LEDs?

which models should i consider?

You can also check out B8 Oled from LG. I think after cashbacks and all ,price should come down to 90k- 95k. A little over your posted budget but definitely worth the money.

13 hours ago, Nathan.Drake said:

Planning to get a TV - 55”, Don’t want to spend more than 80k. It will only be used for Gaming and Streaming content. 

Confused between regular Sony LED 4k or Samsung QLEDs. Do budget QLEDs have better picture quality compared to sony LEDs?

which models should i consider?

My main TV is a Samsung 55" 4K. Its a few years old now, but picture quality is solid. So do take Samsung models into consideration, they might have good discounts in the upcoming sale too ;) 

On 10/1/2019 at 3:25 AM, AtheK said:

In another news spent some time this weekend, and got Alexa to work with the TV, only that it still does not turn on, though turns off and does few of other tasks. Still need to hit some more head on it.

Managed to get it working without changing region. The "turn on" from echo dot worked the first few times, but didn't work after that. "Turn Off" was more consistent.

But the sheer amount of time it takes... I just gave up on it after the first few times and went back to the remote, which is rather wonderful.

Good choice considering the VU Android wasn't available. My uncle has been using a VU for the past 4+ years iirc. Granted it's not a smart TV, but the fact that it's working fine with no issues at all was more than enough for me to opt for VU myself. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Walker said:

Good choice considering the VU Android wasn't available. My uncle has been using a VU for the past 4+ years iirc. Granted it's not a smart TV, but the fact that it's working fine with no issues at all was more than enough for me to opt for VU myself. 

Good to know

Longetivity is the mainn concern.

Have had bad experiences with Phillips twice.

While Sony going strong since 7 years.

Yeah I agree. Longevity is always top of mind. I have 2 10 year old Haier's 32 and 24 inchers, that are still working. The 24 inch one is still in pristine condition, though the 32 inch one started fading at at the edges this year.. Which is why I picked up the 43" Vu. Hoping this one lasts at least half as long.

33 minutes ago, gag123 said:

Still confused bw pixelight n premium android. Any other differences apart from os ? Pq? Also can we sideload apps on linux

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

OS and PQ are the only 2 differences . Premium has slightly higher brightness , contrast ratio and Dolby Vision support . Rest everything is almost same .

No you can't sideload apps in Linux .

1 hour ago, Krazyniks said:

OS and PQ are the only 2 differences . Premium has slightly higher brightness , contrast ratio and Dolby Vision support . Rest everything is almost same .

No you can't sideload apps in Linux .

If it supports DV, does that mean it has a 12 bit panel? If thats the case, premium is the way to go IMO. Colour palette is on a whole new level with 10/12bit panels.

If it supports DV, does that mean it has a 12 bit panel? If thats the case, premium is the way to go IMO. Colour palette is on a whole new level with 10/12bit panels.

It's a 8 bit panel . It must be satisfying other criterias for getting Dolby Vision support tag on it I think.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread