The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

So, my father wants to buy a tv. I have shortlisted on the basic requirements 4k and 43". Budget is 50-60k. I have chromecast at home so android is not necessary.

Models shortlisted:

1. Sony 43 X7002G - mrp 66900 - offline its 54k

2. LG 43UM7780PTA - mrp 58990 - shud cost 45k

I got to Compare (2 shops)

1. Sony X7002g vs samsung (dunno model): samsung tv was priced 2k cheaper than Sony and the picture quality was bad. Blur was noticeable.

2. Sony X7002g vs LG 49 UK7500PTA (79k): Lg has nanocell display, doesn't come in 43 and costs 10k more than 49" sony (same model, jus bigger screen). This time, the picture quality was same in both.

Gotta say, didnt like that both the salesmen (2 shops) were pushing for sony. At home, i have sony and samsung TV and an lg monitor. Once Sony tv had an issue (around 5yrs later?), didn't like their service/repair.

Don't want to try out Mi, V etc tv's. I think, build quality of sony, samsung or lg is better. But then... Its doubtful so idk.

Help me out guys.

2 hours ago, Nr.Draca47 said:

So, my father wants to buy a tv. I have shortlisted on the basic requirements 4k and 43". Budget is 50-60k. I have chromecast at home so android is not necessary.

Models shortlisted:

1. Sony 43 X7002G - mrp 66900 - offline its 54k

2. LG 43UM7780PTA - mrp 58990 - shud cost 45k

I got to Compare (2 shops)

1. Sony X7002g vs samsung (dunno model): samsung tv was priced 2k cheaper than Sony and the picture quality was bad. Blur was noticeable.

2. Sony X7002g vs LG 49 UK7500PTA (79k): Lg has nanocell display, doesn't come in 43 and costs 10k more than 49" sony (same model, jus bigger screen). This time, the picture quality was same in both.

Gotta say, didnt like that both the salesmen (2 shops) were pushing for sony. At home, i have sony and samsung TV and an lg monitor. Once Sony tv had an issue (around 5yrs later?), didn't like their service/repair.

Don't want to try out Mi, V etc tv's. I think, build quality of sony, samsung or lg is better. But then... Its doubtful so idk.

Help me out guys.

I would recommend Lg, But PQ wise Sony is also top notch.

• Like 1

@Nr.Draca47 I personally use a Sony for quite a long time now, and I like it. PQ is top-notch. But you say you had bad service experience, so your choice will depend on your experience.

As far as salesmen go, don't bother with them. They will promote the brand that offers them the highest commission, so it will depend from location to location and chain to chain. The salesman at Kohinoor store near me always promotes Sony TVs while the Reliance Electronics store salesman always promotes Samsung.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nr.Draca47 said:

Yea... Thts my worry... Commission... Both the salesmen were pushing so i became skeptical.

Joe and infamous also rooting for Sony. So... Sony it is

Enjoy. Do note that I'm not using the model you posted though. The old TV I mentioned was the 65" X9000C, which was a 2015 model - and which is running great, without any issues till now. The TV also originally had no HDR support, but Sony was good enough to give it to that model via free Software Update, so I'm happy with that. Before that I had a 65" X9000A, which was a 2013 model - the first Sony 4k model I think. But the panel got busted and the repair cost would have come to almost the same as a new TV, so we exchanged that for the x9000C (We did not get the extended warranty like idiots). That's been my experience with Sony so far. Hope it helped in your decision.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Good time to buy an OLED now ?? Any idea on retail prices and Is LG the still best one to get?

Afaik1. LG is most economical (and good too). Some ppl have complained abt LG's UI in general

2. It seems, everyone supports Sony (on any tv)

3. I saw Samsung's 4k leds... Didnt like them et all.

Do check I/O ports, UI

Edit1: And yea... No one is spending money so good time to ask foe heavy discounts. It seems like inventory is gonna stay for atlst a month.

Edit2: I got 1.5k discount below offer price for Sony X7002g. Tht was on 7th Mar

Try for more

• Like 1

4 hours ago, playstationdude said:

LG oled is amazing. Im using 55 B9 that I got for 1.15 after cashbacks near dussehra

@Sach4life got his 55 c9 for around 1.28.

Physical store? Or online?

I currently use a 55 inch Samsung, supports 4K and HDR but its not OLED. Bought it very early in the 4K game for around 1.2 

My second TV which my mom mostly uses is crappy 32 inch LCD, so we were gonna get rid of that and get a regular 43 inch FHD. That wouldn't cost much, but would you recommend spending a ton more money and going for a second 55 inch? This time an LG OLED? 

1 minute ago, Chirag2001 said:

Physical store? Or online?

I currently use a 55 inch Samsung, supports 4K and HDR but its not OLED. Bought it very early in the 4K game for around 1.2 

My second TV which my mom mostly uses is crappy 32 inch LCD, so we were gonna get rid of that and get a regular 43 inch FHD. That wouldn't cost much, but would you recommend spending a ton more money and going for a second 55 inch? This time an LG OLED? 

Brick and mortar not online.

Also it depends on your usage. If your primary usage is Tata sky or serials, I dont think dropping money on OLED makes sense.

OLED is best for Gaming or High definition movies, etc as it has true blacks and true HDR.

You can put your samsung tv for your mom, and get an OLED for yourself. But that totally depends on your need.

2 minutes ago, boltonfan said:

Are OLED's good on DTH?  Want to get one, but my viewing distance is 5'. I don't want to strain my eves and also don't want to see pixels!

If prinary usage is DTH , then no. No added PQ advantage for DTH plus the huge watermarks can cause a risk of burn in (however minimal the risk may be, its still there).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, playstationdude said:

If prinary usage is DTH , then no. No added PQ advantage for DTH plus the huge watermarks can cause a risk of burn in (however minimal the risk may be, its still there).

Thought so, I had a Sony 40" HX750 from 2012. It was amazing for DTH. All the good TV's are so big nowadays.

Can't get a top end TV in the 43"-49" range now.

I so want to get a C9/ A8G or alternatively X9500g. Unfortunately all are available in 55" or above.

Thought so, I had a Sony 40" HX750 from 2012. It was amazing for DTH. All the good TV's are so big nowadays.

I so want to get a C9/ A8G or alternatively X9500g. Unfortunately all are available in 55" or above.
Once you get used to of 55 inch it's tough to watch anything below that. I dont enjoy our 43 inch LG in living room after getting used fo of my 55 inch Sony in bedroom. In fact down the line I may even get 65 inch. Bigger the better viewing experience.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Once you get used to of 55 inch it's tough to watch anything below that. I dont enjoy our 43 inch LG in living room after getting used fo of my 55 inch Sony in bedroom. In fact down the line I may even get 65 inch. Bigger the better viewing experience.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread