Bulovski

The TV Decision Making thread

1 hour ago, GunnerY2J said:

Not android and also out of budget.

Need within 20k preferably.

Since you are spending that much , I would suggest to save more and go for Vu premium Android TV or Vu Cinema TV which is likely to be 26999 from Amazon where it launches on 18th January..

If you arent brand conscious then you can go for Shinco 49 inch which is 23999

https://www.amazon.in/Shinco-Inches-Smart-S50QHDR10-Black/dp/B07HGTHJYV/ref=sr_1_53?crid=6SYPD461NG95&keywords=4k%2Btv%2B43%2Binch%2Blcd%2Btv&qid=1581487405&smid=AT95IG9ONZD7S&sprefix=4k%2Btv%2Caps%2C300&sr=8-53&th=1

Android and 4k within 20k you arent subscribing for good quality TV..

Edited by funnyadit

3 minutes ago, funnyadit said:

Since you are spending that much , I would suggest to save more and go for Vu premium Android TV or Vu Cinema TV which is likely to be 26999 from Amazon where it launches on 18th January..

If you arent brand conscious then you can go for Shinco 49 inch which is 23999

https://www.amazon.in/Shinco-Inches-Smart-S50QHDR10-Black/dp/B07HGTHJYV/ref=sr_1_53?crid=6SYPD461NG95&keywords=4k%2Btv%2B43%2Binch%2Blcd%2Btv&qid=1581487405&smid=AT95IG9ONZD7S&sprefix=4k%2Btv%2Caps%2C300&sr=8-53&th=1

Android and 4k within 20k you arent subscribing for good quality TV..

49 inch don't want.

43 or even 40 would do.

But 20k.

Need for office , not home - got vu pixelight for home (55) and not satisfied with the sound, so I was thinking more cheap won't hurt ?

I can skip 4k requirement maybe.

2 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

49 inch don't want.

43 or even 40 would do.

But 20k. 

Need for office , not home - got vu pixelight for home (55) and not satisfied with the sound, so I was thinking more cheap won't hurt ?

I can skip 4k requirement maybe. 

Oh ok.. Then maybe go with the Thomson TV.. 550 nits claimed by company ..For the price should be good I guess..

Just now, GunnerY2J said:

What is the difference between android based and Android ? 

And price increased by 1000 for Thompson since yesterday :|

Android is official android like we have on mobile.. Android based is something where the company creates their own store for apps to access..

Oh yeah just saw the screenshot of yours.. Weird that they do it like share market price..

9 minutes ago, funnyadit said:

Android is official android like we have on mobile.. Android based is something where the company creates their own store for apps to access..

Oh yeah just saw the screenshot of yours.. Weird that they do it like share market price..

So better to get real android ?

So, my father wants to buy a tv. I have shortlisted on the basic requirements 4k and 43". Budget is 50-60k. I have chromecast at home so android is not necessary.

Models shortlisted:

1. Sony 43 X7002G - mrp 66900 - offline its 54k

2. LG 43UM7780PTA - mrp 58990 - shud cost 45k

I got to Compare (2 shops)

1. Sony X7002g vs samsung (dunno model): samsung tv was priced 2k cheaper than Sony and the picture quality was bad. Blur was noticeable.

2. Sony X7002g vs LG 49 UK7500PTA (79k): Lg has nanocell display, doesn't come in 43 and costs 10k more than 49" sony (same model, jus bigger screen). This time, the picture quality was same in both.

Gotta say, didnt like that both the salesmen (2 shops) were pushing for sony. At home, i have sony and samsung TV and an lg monitor. Once Sony tv had an issue (around 5yrs later?), didn't like their service/repair.

Don't want to try out Mi, V etc tv's. I think, build quality of sony, samsung or lg is better. But then... Its doubtful so idk.

Help me out guys.

2 hours ago, Nr.Draca47 said:

So, my father wants to buy a tv. I have shortlisted on the basic requirements 4k and 43". Budget is 50-60k. I have chromecast at home so android is not necessary.

Models shortlisted:

1. Sony 43 X7002G - mrp 66900 - offline its 54k

2. LG 43UM7780PTA - mrp 58990 - shud cost 45k

I got to Compare (2 shops)

1. Sony X7002g vs samsung (dunno model): samsung tv was priced 2k cheaper than Sony and the picture quality was bad. Blur was noticeable.

2. Sony X7002g vs LG 49 UK7500PTA (79k): Lg has nanocell display, doesn't come in 43 and costs 10k more than 49" sony (same model, jus bigger screen). This time, the picture quality was same in both.

Gotta say, didnt like that both the salesmen (2 shops) were pushing for sony. At home, i have sony and samsung TV and an lg monitor. Once Sony tv had an issue (around 5yrs later?), didn't like their service/repair.

Don't want to try out Mi, V etc tv's. I think, build quality of sony, samsung or lg is better. But then... Its doubtful so idk.

Help me out guys.

I would recommend Lg, But PQ wise Sony is also top notch.

• Like 1

@Nr.Draca47 I personally use a Sony for quite a long time now, and I like it. PQ is top-notch. But you say you had bad service experience, so your choice will depend on your experience.

As far as salesmen go, don't bother with them. They will promote the brand that offers them the highest commission, so it will depend from location to location and chain to chain. The salesman at Kohinoor store near me always promotes Sony TVs while the Reliance Electronics store salesman always promotes Samsung.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nr.Draca47 said:

Yea... Thts my worry... Commission... Both the salesmen were pushing so i became skeptical.

Joe and infamous also rooting for Sony. So... Sony it is

Enjoy. Do note that I'm not using the model you posted though. The old TV I mentioned was the 65" X9000C, which was a 2015 model - and which is running great, without any issues till now. The TV also originally had no HDR support, but Sony was good enough to give it to that model via free Software Update, so I'm happy with that. Before that I had a 65" X9000A, which was a 2013 model - the first Sony 4k model I think. But the panel got busted and the repair cost would have come to almost the same as a new TV, so we exchanged that for the x9000C (We did not get the extended warranty like idiots). That's been my experience with Sony so far. Hope it helped in your decision.

• Like 1