Sign in to follow this  
Bulovski

The TV Decision Making thread

Like Athek described the icici card is pretty good for people who buy regularly on Amazon. Axis has something similar for Flipkart. Don't think HDFC/SBI have anything similarly. But HDFC have usually really good offers most of the time.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

HDFC usually have good tie ups with brick and mortar stores. I was able to get 6k cashback on Sony TV purchase and few days back bought a LG Ac and got 3k cashback on hdfc. Usually they do this with Brand stores or chains like croma, reliance digital etc.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

HDFC usually have good tie ups with brick and mortar stores. I was able to get 6k cashback on Sony TV purchase and few days back bought a LG Ac and got 3k cashback on hdfc. Usually they do this with Brand stores or chains like croma, reliance digital etc.

True, but in my experience Reliance, Croma extra the price are usually much higher than say Amazon for all items except maybe large appliances. So even those cashback would defeat the purpose if the base price is higher.

True, but in my experience Reliance, Croma extra the price are usually much higher than say Amazon for all items except maybe large appliances. So even those cashback would defeat the purpose if the base price is higher.

They usually match the prices of Online sites. I am not comfortable buying big stuff like TV, Ac, fridge etc online. The hassle of defective product with return and replacement is too much.

They usually match the prices of Online sites. I am not comfortable buying big stuff like TV, Ac, fridge etc online. The hassle of defective product with return and replacement is too much.

For me it's been the opposite, they flatly told me that Amazon is selling fake products and refused to lower their price. I have bought TV, Fridge AC all from Amazon and the price has always been lower than store price. Tujhe whole process of installation and service has also been pretty smooth.

For me it's been the opposite, they flatly told me that Amazon is selling fake products and refused to lower their price. I have bought TV, Fridge AC all from Amazon and the price has always been lower than store price. The whole process of installation and service has also been pretty smooth.

1 hour ago, i_rock098 said:

For me it's been the opposite, they flatly told me that Amazon is selling fake products and refused to lower their price. I have bought TV, Fridge AC all from Amazon and the price has always been lower than store price. Tujhe whole process of installation and service has also been pretty smooth.

My experience is similar. Croma, RD pretty much diss you the moment you mention Amazon/Flipkart in the conversation. 

9 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

My experience is similar. Croma, RD pretty much diss you the moment you mention Amazon/Flipkart in the conversation. 

My experience has been the opposite. Reliance Digital talks about their own deals, and how I'm better off paying a bit extra but buying from them. But they did offer to lower price a bit more when I told them the price on Amazon at the time.

Croma on the other hand offered to price match Amazon, but the seller had to be Cloudtail or Appario. Very specific about that. They matched the price, but they couldn't offer the additional 3000 cashback that Amazon had at the time with SBI cards. They offered me 2000 off with HDFC instead, which is still something. 

When I got my TV, the retail stores(Croma, RD, LG Retail) turned out to be cheaper than online.

Not the listed price though, which was much higher. Told them I was there to "buy, not browse" and asked for the actual price.

1 hour ago, quixote_1989 said:

When I got my TV, the retail stores(Croma, RD, LG Retail) turned out to be cheaper than online.

Not the listed price though, which was much higher. Told them I was there to "buy, not browse" and asked for the actual price.

Same. Always found brick and mortar(though not always croma/reliance) to be cheaper.

Exactly, they are so damn bold that they flatly say that I won't get warranty if I buy from them. I simply lol in front of them. My experience has been amazing with Amazon so far touchwood.

My experience has been the opposite. Reliance Digital talks about their own deals, and how I'm better off paying a bit extra but buying from them. But they did offer to lower price a bit more when I told them the price on Amazon at the time.

Croma on the other hand offered to price match Amazon, but the seller had to be Cloudtail or Appario. Very specific about that. They matched the price, but they couldn't offer the additional 3000 cashback that Amazon had at the time with SBI cards. They offered me 2000 off with HDFC instead, which is still something. 

Same. Always found brick and mortar(though not always croma/reliance) to be cheaper.
The thing with brick and mortar is that the price they usually offer has a lot of leway in how much they can bargain. Then it all depends on your bargaining skills to bring the price close to the online price or sometimes even lower. The problem with this usual is that you need to be really good in bargaining to score the best deal. For people like me who Suck at bargaining they will simply fleece you. Also what I have seen that they usually beat online price only for large appliances if they ever (TV, Fridge, AC etc) i have never seen Croma, Reliance etc offer a better deal than online for products like Mobile, Hard Drive, Laptop, Router, Pen Drive, Console, mobile and laptop accessories etc.

Exactly, they are so damn bold that they flatly say that I won't get warranty if I buy from them. I simply lol in front of them. My experience has been amazing with Amazon so far touchwood.

The thing with brick and mortar is that the price they usually offer has a lot of leway in how much they can bargain. Then it all depends on your bargaining skills to bring the price close to the online price or sometimes even lower. The problem with this usual is that you need to be really good in bargaining to score the best deal. For people like me who Suck at bargaining they will simply fleece you. Also what I have seen that they usually beat online price only for large appliances if they ever (TV, Fridge, AC etc) i have never seen Croma, Reliance etc offer a better deal than online for products like Mobile, Hard Drive, Laptop, Router, Pen Drive, Console, mobile and laptop accessories etc.

5 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Exactly, they are so damn bold that they flatly say that I won't get warranty if I buy from them. I simply lol in front of them. My experience has been amazing with Amazon so far touchwood. The thing with brick and mortar is that the price they usually offer has a lot of leway in how much they can bargain. Then it all depends on your bargaining skills to bring the price close to the online price or sometimes even lower. The problem with this usual is that you need to be really good in bargaining to score the best deal. For people like me who Suck at bargaining they will simply fleece you. Also what I have seen that they usually beat online price only for large appliances if they ever (TV, Fridge, AC etc) i have never seen Croma, Reliance etc offer a better deal than online for products like Mobile, Hard Drive, Laptop, Router, Pen Drive, Console, mobile and laptop accessories etc.

Yes I agree. As far as Laptops and mobiles go even Nehru place cant price match Amazon/FK. 

But other than those things, in electronics only, I've had a much better experience offline.

5 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Exactly, they are so damn bold that they flatly say that I won't get warranty if I buy from them. I simply lol in front of them. My experience has been amazing with Amazon so far touchwood. The thing with brick and mortar is that the price they usually offer has a lot of leway in how much they can bargain. Then it all depends on your bargaining skills to bring the price close to the online price or sometimes even lower. The problem with this usual is that you need to be really good in bargaining to score the best deal. For people like me who Suck at bargaining they will simply fleece you. Also what I have seen that they usually beat online price only for large appliances if they ever (TV, Fridge, AC etc) i have never seen Croma, Reliance etc offer a better deal than online for products like Mobile, Hard Drive, Laptop, Router, Pen Drive, Console, mobile and laptop accessories etc.

Yes I agree. As far as Laptops and mobiles go even Nehru place cant price match Amazon/FK. 

But other than those things, in electronics only, I've had a much better experience offline.

On 5/31/2020 at 2:10 AM, gecko89 said:

Hmm. There is one problem though, not a single person I know has an ICICI Credit card, not my family, not my friends or their families. Seems like this sale is only for the bank employees :/

If you can stretch your budget a little, go for LG. I could see the 49 inch model someone posted in the Online offers thread for 43k. LG is much better

2 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

If you can stretch your budget a little, go for LG. I could see the 49 inch model someone posted in the Online offers thread for 43k. LG is much better

Samsung 55 inch 4k TV is available for 41k. I wonder if that's any good.