The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

5 hours ago, playstationdude said:

LG 1 year extended on OLED costs nearly 18k, iirc. For 2 years I believe they quoted 30k.

No way. 35k or 40k for 1 year. 3 years is about 90k. 

This is from LG. 

They offered me these prices thrice. Didn't buy since my C8 costed me about 1.07l, and the 3 year extra warranty was equalling the cost of the TV. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

8 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

This is from LG. 

They offered me these prices thrice. Didn't buy since my C8 costed me about 1.07l, and the 3 year extra warranty was equalling the cost of the TV. 

Yeah youre right. I got confused with my LED 

8 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

This is from LG. 

Yeah youre right. I got confused with my LED 

Funny thing

I visited Vijay Sales today for picking up a vacuum cleaner  (No Maid so wife wanted one ). While she was looking at cleaners, I was looking at TVs. The sales guy gave me a great pitch about the RU7100 and offered me a quoation of 60k for the 55" model. By that time, the missus had finished her work. I showed her the TV and after two minutes she was like "This is nice. Are we getting i?t". The sale guy's eyes lit up.

Now given that 60k was a tempting price and the high command seemed to like it, I was about to buy the TV, when a voice in the back of my head starting chanting "5ghz 5ghz"

I asked him if the TV supported both 2.4 and 5ghz bands and he said yes. I took out my phone, set the hotspot to 5ghz and asked him to connect. The Hotspot name wouldnt even appear on the TV till I switched it to 2.4ghz. 

Same thing happened for RU7470 also

Then, he went over to a Q60R and it worked, He restarted the other two TVs and still no luck. I told him flatly that I wouldn't plonk down 60k if it couldn't connect to my 5ghz router. 

I still don't know who was more disappointed, him or the missus :D

But it surprises me that a TV that was made in 2019 does not support 5Ghz bands. 

45 minutes ago, lithuvien said:

Funny thing

I visited Vijay Sales today for picking up a vacuum cleaner  (No Maid so wife wanted one ). While she was looking at cleaners, I was looking at TVs. The sales guy gave me a great pitch about the RU7100 and offered me a quoation of 60k for the 55" model. By that time, the missus had finished her work. I showed her the TV and after two minutes she was like "This is nice. Are we getting i?t". The sale guy's eyes lit up.

Now given that 60k was a tempting price and the high command seemed to like it, I was about to buy the TV, when a voice in the back of my head starting chanting "5ghz 5ghz"

I asked him if the TV supported both 2.4 and 5ghz bands and he said yes. I took out my phone, set the hotspot to 5ghz and asked him to connect. The Hotspot name wouldnt even appear on the TV till I switched it to 2.4ghz. 

Same thing happened for RU7470 also

Then, he went over to a Q60R and it worked, He restarted the other two TVs and still no luck. I told him flatly that I wouldn't plonk down 60k if it couldn't connect to my 5ghz router. 

I still don't know who was more disappointed, him or the missus :D

But it surprises me that a TV that was made in 2019 does not support 5Ghz bands. 

Tell your wife and your kids if you have any to act disinterested even if the want such ( bargainable ) items.

The moment the lying sales guy sees that the customer wants a product suddenly all opportunities for haggling are shutdown, they know you are excited and will buy the product anyway, so no discounts, no offers nothing.

36 minutes ago, lithuvien said:

I dont think he lied knowingly.  

Yeah I have seen few salesman who dont even have that knowledge about the TV.. One time a guy was trying to sell Reconnect TV but didnt even know its specifications and I had to take the remote to show him the specifications.. It was sad and funny..

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

Salesmen lie all the time. When I went to buy my 4k led in 2018, I asked the dude if it was 10 bit hdr and he said yes but after much research found out it was 8 bit. Wasnt too dissapointed as anyway that was the max i could afford.

Better is to do your own research and then bargain for a deal.

I remember being told by a saleslady that Mac could run all the games. "Haa sir sab games chalte hai isme aap fikar mat karo" :rofl: 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Did you buy the vacuum cleaner though? Let us know how good it is. We don't own one but if its worth the money I'm gonna consider getting one

I'll let you know in a few days how the experience has been

• Thanks 1

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread