The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

Just now, kunjanp said:

Offline the sticker rates were always used to be around 1.6L

Yeah gotta call the one LG store I know. Ditched him in diwali after lot of haggling so he's probably not going to be thrilled to take my call :ack:

What do you think the dene wala bhaav should be now that the website itself is down to 1.69?

Just so I know where to start. Super bad at bargaining. 

4 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Yeah gotta call the one LG store I know. Ditched him in diwali after lot of haggling so he's probably not going to be thrilled to take my call :ack:

What do you think the dene wala bhaav should be now that the website itself is down to 1.69?

Just so I know where to start. Super bad at bargaining. 

1.05-1.1L will be the best scenario post cashback and letting go of any freebies.

Otherwise 1.2L se upar toh lena hi nhi, itne me toh easily mil rha tha.

Edited by kunjanp
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Keyofx said:

Sounds more like an issue with the box than that super thin one connect cable? How are you liking the TV otherwise?

Besides these issues Loving the tv so far. Os is superfast too. 

The different is night and day as compared to my old full hd sony tv. just gets a bit difficult to watch dark scenes with lights on. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nathan.Drake said:

Besides these issues Loving the tv so far. Os is superfast too. 

The different is night and day as compared to my old full hd sony tv. just gets a bit difficult to watch dark scenes with lights on. 

Good to know. I may consider the Frame if I can't get the X900H for 80-85K.

@kunjanp

Going to a few big box stores to suss out this offer over the weekend. Also will call the LG store I know to see what they have. 

Any tips on bargaining bhai bata de. I'm extremely embarrassed about bargaining but paisa bhi bachana hai. 

The first question I'm used to being asked is mode of payment/which bank cc? Does that make a difference in their eventual decision on sweetening the deal? 

Edited by Jigsaw
Update

3 hours ago, playstationdude said:

What was the going from for 65 cx during diwali? @Assassins Creed

My landing cost will be 1.65, will be more cheaper after I pre-close the zero cost emi thing.. some of them posted the below as well so ya 1.6-1.7 is a good bargain for a CX65, when it launched I was quoted 2.2 everywhere..

Below are negotiated OLED tv prices valid for next 3 days in hyderabad.
All these carry additional CC cash back of 7.5k or emi cash back of 15k if you have a credit card.

If you want reference, please PM me.

LG :
(2k discount is by lucky draw. You get either of fridge, washing machine, AC or 2k discount. Mostly 2k discount for mortals.)
Any cash back is above this.
55BX - 1.12L - 2k
55CX - 1.22L - 2k
65BX - 1.58L - 2k
65CX - 1.69L - 2k

Sony: (Free headphones)
Any cash back is above this.
55A8G - 1.32L
65A8G - 1.92L
65A8H - 2.18L

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Loha Garam Hai, Brint teh Hammer 

I'm extremely ashamed of bargaining. That's the biggest problem. BC ek baar topi lag chuki hai with the used piece because of gentlemanly behavior. Dunno how to get through this. 

Edited by Jigsaw
Update

4 hours ago, Keyofx said:

Yea! I wonder if it's actually cheaper now or something :mellow:

Not really:

5 Year Assurance is Applicable from 17th Jan'21 to 28th Feb'21 on all OLED TVs only. This includes 1 Year standard warranty of the new product, 2 Year promotional warranty free of cost & additional 2 Year starting @ Rs. 15800 only (Excluding GST).

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, abhi90 said:

Not really:

5 Year Assurance is Applicable from 17th Jan'21 to 28th Feb'21 on all OLED TVs only. This includes 1 Year standard warranty of the new product, 2 Year promotional warranty free of cost & additional 2 Year starting @ Rs. 15800 only (Excluding GST).

Lol so the 4th and 5th year are not really free after all :lol:

Thanks bro. 

19 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

I'm extremely ashamed of bargaining. That's the biggest problem. BC ek baar topi lag chuki hai with the used piece because of gentlemanly behavior. Dunno how to get through this. 

We can ask someone here to get their marwadi expertise in getting you the deal.. Any volunteers ? Reward will be back up of something you own :devil:

1 hour ago, Assassins Creed said:

We can ask someone here to get their marwadi expertise in getting you the deal.. Any volunteers ? Reward will be back up of something you own :devil:

I have 2 backups of this. Got them only because they said 9-inch. Mildly used (for scratching upper back) 

Open for an AMA. Mumbai marwadis only. 

Screenshot-20210223-230322-Amazon.jpg

Edited by Jigsaw
Update
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

My landing cost will be 1.65, will be more cheaper after I pre-close the zero cost emi thing.. some of them posted the below as well so ya 1.6-1.7 is a good bargain for a CX65, when it launched I was quoted 2.2 everywhere..

RD has quoted 1.28L for CX55 and 93k for X9000h. Spoke to them this morning. I would have gone for CX if it was below 1.2L but didn’t workout in the past week when I spoke to them over phone and WhatsApp 

10 minutes ago, Aercy said:

RD has quoted 1.28L for CX55 and 93k for X9000h. Spoke to them this morning. I would have gone for CX if it was below 1.2L but didn’t workout in the past week when I spoke to them over phone and WhatsApp 

Yeah RD usually doesn’t reduce a lot, what about any other stores like Vijay sales type.. 1.2L is the ideal festival price for CX

1 hour ago, Jigsaw said:

@kunjanp

Going to a few big box stores to suss out this offer over the weekend. Also will call the LG store I know to see what they have. 

Any tips on bargaining bhai bata de. I'm extremely embarrassed about bargaining but paisa bhi bachana hai. 

The first question I'm used to being asked is mode of payment/which bank cc? Does that make a difference in their eventual decision on sweetening the deal? 

Just tell them cashback chl rha hai, most probably some no cost EMI. CC/DC doesn't matter.

Seedha bolna ki me 3 jagah pta krke aa chuka hu, aap mereko ek best rate bta do, mereko upar neeche nhi khelna. Aapka offer best hua toh aaj le lunga varna me chla.

Now when the quotes comes for ex: 1.20L, tell the guy you got offered 1.10L (even if you didn't get this) and see how much he finally lands on.

After she/he gives you quote, make it seem like you got the wrong card which doesn't have the limit. Doosre card lene ke bahane niklo, phone number uska leke and doosri jagah check kro.

Now you will have a concrete offer and in 2nd shop, tell the guy that you received (1st offer - 10k) and then work with that.

I did this exact thing and probably landed the cheapest price on x90H possible. But I was really stern, no overly soft talking, made him know that I know my sh*t and I want to buy today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread