The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

Just now, psinide said:

Cos I can borrow a Firestick 4K from a friend and I'd rather be sure :) it's a 4 hour movie, won't be able to watch it twice. Will go ahead and watch it if I'm not able to borrow the 4K FS

I would wager that it is in 4k HDR only.

36 minutes ago, psinide said:

Cos I can borrow a Firestick 4K from a friend and I'd rather be sure :) it's a 4 hour movie, won't be able to watch it twice. Will go ahead and watch it if I'm not able to borrow the 4K FS

It is 4k HDR.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask for suggestions in this regard,

I am on the fence on upgrading from my Apple TV HD to 4K. As some of you know, I bought a LG CX last month but most of my media consumption happens on my BenQ EW3270U monitor. I have got myself a Atmos soundbar (Philips TAPB603) and was wondering if I should upgrade to Apple TV 4K to get the best out of the soundbar and also use it on LG CX (I think Apple TV 4k gets most app streaming in 4k vs WebOS native apps).

Already spent too much with purchase of LG CX, soundbar,  headphone etc etc. Will it be a sensible upgrade?

57 minutes ago, Aercy said:

I am on the fence on upgrading from my Apple TV HD to 4K. As some of you know, I bought a LG CX last month but most of my media consumption happens on my BenQ EW3270U monitor. I have got myself a Atmos soundbar (Philips TAPB603) and was wondering if I should upgrade to Apple TV 4K to get the best out of the soundbar and also use it on LG CX (I think Apple TV 4k gets most app streaming in 4k vs WebOS native apps).

Already spent too much with purchase of LG CX, soundbar,  headphone etc etc. Will it be a sensible upgrade?

LG CX has Apple TV app which is 4K DV supported and most tv apps also do 4K HDR like Netflix.. only Hotstar among prominent ones is not 4K yet but it’s coming soon.. Don’t waste money on Apple 4K

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aercy said:

As @Assassins Creed said web os already does most of the streaming stuff in 4k. If you need something for your monitor go with the new chromecast or the firetvstick 4k. Both supoort most apps in 4k quality & it will be much cheaper than getting an apple tv 4k. Will only suggest apple tv 4k if you specifically need airplay 2 on your monitor. Even then I would suggest waiting it out till september to see if they release an upgrade it's been a while since they updated it.

• Like 1

Sony manages much better in processing, picture & audio quality but LG comes ahead in gaming with more 2.1 ports & right out of the box VRR especially G-Sync.

A90J costs 1200$ more for this size, damn. Maybe if A80J also has the evo panel then that would be a better comparison.

On 3/24/2021 at 9:01 PM, VelivolusDas said:

Might (totally might, maybe, shayad) get the 55" CX.

I'm thinking I won't go any higher than ₹1.1L during my negotiations in the shops. Is that a fair ask or should I go lower? And no, I can't go for the 65" at all.

Thanks for the responses to this everyone.

Alright, the decision has been made. Going for the LG CX.

Should I stick to the ₹1.10L pricing? The few shops I casually checked, had the TV for about ₹1.4L'ish. This was just a casual check (pricing on the stickers) and not me discussing anything with the store personnel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VelivolusDas said:

Should I stick to the ₹1.10L pricing? The few shops I casually checked, had the TV for about ₹1.4L'ish. This was just a casual check (pricing on the stickers) and not me discussing anything with the store personnel.

34 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Any price at or below 1.25L (after CB) is good imo. 

Personally I was prepared to pay upto 1.3L.

Totally agree, but if you are buying before 30th you can push hard for 1.22L (before CB) cuz of year ending. Or if you are looking for a soundbar try getting extra discount on that. I didn't plan for the soundbar so couldn't take advantage of that, 3 weeks after buying the CX, now bought a soundbar ?

• Thanks 1

On 3/28/2021 at 7:14 PM, dante77 said:

Coming to this thread and it leads to this only. I wonder why did you even bother lol

Need to rename this thread to "LG CX Buyers group"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, R a g h u said:

A friend needs help in buying a tv under 55k. Usage will be for normal DTH (mostly Nat Geo, Discovery). Please suggest.

VU, Samsung, LG .. all have decent TVs for DTH content under 55k. Best is to go to a store and look at the TVs 

40 minutes ago, lithuvien said:

VU, Samsung, LG .. all have decent TVs for DTH content under 55k. Best is to go to a store and look at the TVs 

Okay. Any specific model to look out for?

25 minutes ago, R a g h u said:

Okay. Any specific model to look out for?

Lat year, I was looking at the RU7100. didnt go for it since it doesnt support 5ghz wifi band and my main consumption is OTT. 

There are a lot of models and with festive season now, probably some models might also see a price drop. 

3 hours ago, R a g h u said:

A friend needs help in buying a tv under 55k. Usage will be for normal DTH (mostly Nat Geo, Discovery). Please suggest.

3 hours ago, lithuvien said:

I would replace Vu in this list with Toshiba. Specifically 55U7980, if you can find one.

When do you guys think OLED tvs will become affordable? Like spending 1L on a TV is insane when my car costs as much. Given the technology advancements would OLED tvs enter the budget segment in under 60k, 50k in the coming years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

When do you guys think OLED tvs will become affordable? Like spending 1L on a TV is insane when my car costs as much. Given the technology advancements would OLED tvs enter the budget segment in under 60k, 50k in the coming years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your car costs 1l?

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread