The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

QN90A makes sense only if you go for the 50" version. No one in his right mind should spend more than a lac on on the 55" version.
Hmm our discussion about the QN90A may have made it look bad.

In no way it's bad. It's the best LCD you can buy in the market.

If you are ok with colors a bit off and oversharped PQ. Eye hurting brightness, only 1 hdmi 2.1 then this tv is a shoe in for you.

As the kohinoor staff confirmed 50 inch has VA panel and 55 has Ultra viewing angle panel. That is seriously OLED level good.

Niether of the stores had a 50 invh for demo so can't comment upon the angles. If the TV had 2 or more hdmi 2.1 ports then it would be a serious competitor.

Right now there is no better LCD for a bright room than QN90A. Looks sexy AF as well.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Default since i didn't try to manually force bt2020 even though i just love it. Every TVtuber online says to keep on auto. I have seen bt2020 in action from the quantumTV youtuber and it seems he has done multiple calibration to get it right. Which is not possible at the showroom.

The showroom guys are noobs anyways. They tell what the distributor or manufacturer tells them. If you join his channel, he'll provide you with his settings. He does know what he is doing btw. Though there are many other places online where you can get calib settings for free

The showroom guys are noobs anyways. They tell what the distributor or manufacturer tells them. If you join his channel, he'll provide you with his settings. He does know what he is doing btw. Though there are many other places online where you can get calib settings for free
If you get those settings PM me. Haha you are the first person here who gave quantumTV guy some credibility. I personally blindly don't follow him. But when he makes valid points he makes em right. Like how he called out samsung for false blooming free guarantee on qn85a. Also his hisense u6,u7,u8g reviews give you a great idea of local dimming. And frankly whatever he did with C1 was a damn good job.

If you are subscribed to his paid settings for C1 can you tell me if those can be easily manually changed without any calibration equipment?

Anyone know of a TV speakers shop? I have finalized on Logitech Z625 but can't find them anywhere. Even though they have such high ratings and purchases on amazon still can't get em. I prefer them over Z623 because of the inclusion of a optical port.

Heck i even called prime ABGB and they said they stopped selling speakers as they kept having warranty issues. Idk wtf that is.

Anyway can't find a single legit source to purchase them. Are there dedicated audio system stores online?

Using this thread instead of home theater one as hardly anyone checks that thread. And my requirement is TV related.

1 hour ago, NitroNeo said:

If you get those settings PM me. Haha you are the first person here who gave quantumTV guy some credibility. I personally blindly don't follow him. But when he makes valid points he makes em right. Like how he called out samsung for false blooming free guarantee on qn85a. Also his hisense u6,u7,u8g reviews give you a great idea of local dimming. And frankly whatever he did with C1 was a damn good job.

If you are subscribed to his paid settings for C1 can you tell me if those can be easily manually changed without any calibration equipment?

I'm not his subscriber or follower. I just watch his videos cause he explains technical things well. And even he gets certain things wrong. No one is perfect. Nobody sponsors him cause he calls everyone out. Samsung like every other company does a lot of false advertising hence he called out. He is a pro-photgrapher so he understands color n other stuff. His subscription cost just INR 150 per month. Not expensive so if you want buy it.

I'm not his subscriber or follower. I just watch his videos cause he explains technical things well. And even he gets certain things wrong. No one is perfect. Nobody sponsors him cause he calls everyone out. Samsung like every other company does a lot of false advertising hence he called out. He is a pro-photgrapher so he understands color n other stuff. His subscription cost just INR 150 per month. Not expensive so if you want buy it.
Does he have a one time sub so i can just get only the stuff i need. 150 a month is still 1.8k a month. And we would only care for the product we own right. I'll check up on his channel as well.

But my god he made C1 look like a picture perfect panasonic hollywood grade level. I was sure he might be pulling sone shady stuff. But if you are saying he really is a pro photographer then it's worth checking more.

I always got the impression that he does do legit by whatever he says but all the flack he gets from majority of AV comm. Makes you doubt it.

Vincent for sure makes puppets out of his audiences by making them believe whatever things the company wants their prophet to preach. In case of fomo guy i am amazed how confidently he talks a big game only to mess many things up and then his audience just scrapes it under the rug.

Most of the genuine guys i see in AV space are guys like KG, all about tech, to some extent quantum, when vicent is honest like his startup days then him as well. TV space is turning out to be like the android channels 2013s.

Btw if you have a link to free C1 best TV and gaming settings do link or PM. Still haven't got mine with stand availability the cause for delay.

14 hours ago, Aercy said:

am I hosting KBC for them or what? I

:roflroll::rofl:

Thanks for sharing your experience. I agree, the communication wasn't the best and I too generally prefer buying from Vijay sales/croma.

23 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Does he have a one time sub so i can just get only the stuff i need. 150 a month is still 1.8k a month. And we would only care for the product we own right. I'll check up on his channel as well.

But my god he made C1 look like a picture perfect panasonic hollywood grade level. I was sure he might be pulling sone shady stuff. But if you are saying he really is a pro photographer then it's worth checking more.

I always got the impression that he does do legit by whatever he says but all the flack he gets from majority of AV comm. Makes you doubt it.

Vincent for sure makes puppets out of his audiences by making them believe whatever things the company wants their prophet to preach. In case of fomo guy i am amazed how confidently he talks a big game only to mess many things up and then his audience just scrapes it under the rug.

Most of the genuine guys i see in AV space are guys like KG, all about tech, to some extent quantum, when vicent is honest like his startup days then him as well. TV space is turning out to be like the android channels 2013s.

Btw if you have a link to free C1 best TV and gaming settings do link or PM. Still haven't got mine with stand availability the cause for delay.

I'll be booking my C1 soon. If i get hold of settings i'll let you know. 

TVs are just smartphones nowadays with a much bigger display. I don't trust FOMO or Vincent. They hide way too many things cause they are sponsored by Companies who pay them to hide. There can be only 2 reasons why he gets so much flak. Either he speaking the right stuff and ruining other people's chance of BSing or He absolutely knows nothing. 

• Like 1

what the f**k ? Pay to get settings ? Just get them from Rtings. :wacko:
Yes that is the prefered way. I'm not defending QTV here. But he has no other patreon stuff I'm aware off. Neither i pay for him or encourage anyone to pay his sub. But i won't be downplaying his work. The way he is configuring his displays has their merits. His video "i was wrong about LG C1" shows his love for the product. After following him for a while i know he loves his Q8FN than any TV and with C1 we saw a tide shift to C1. C1 at first glace regardless what quantum says has got me hooked on it. It fixes most VRR kinks and is a all rounder. Can't expect more from the rahul dravid of TVs.

Or HDTVTest on youtube, I am pretty happy with the settings suggested by him. 
HDTVTest was really good before he started to be wrapped up by companies. Box . Co . Uk is his regular sponsor. Fomo guy has some shady CD keys website for a sponsor. They are like MOBHD on steroids. They won't call out the sh*t of a product but will most definitely will leave you hanging for decision. The amount of free rep HDTVtest gets just because he makes HQ videos and ASMR worthy sound clarity is getting annoying. Even if the video is shot in a professional manner it won't make it professional.

All these teletubers do is load forza horizon 4, dirt 5 or cod play the intro level race or match whatever and then judge the framerate and performance, VRR flicker. But they never go into complex scenes which test performance limits.

The problem is to get a clear idea we end up browsing the entire teletubers. I don't know why companies calibrate every picture mode and just increase the final purcjase price of product. So we'd be spared of tampering with settings.

I believe those 3 games are only games which do true 4K 120. Hence they use those as an example. But yeah, real world content is where we know how much these TVs are true.
Yes those are the games but they only play the opening sequence. They don't even try to see how the TV handles frame spikes in a graphic intensive race with lots of effects nor do they check COD etc in a worst FPS map.

I've seen quantum play forza in a variety of scenarios to show frame rates during evening night races involving fireworks and chamges in day night cycle. He even does extended black level tests. To show off U7G local dimming the played the entire 7-8 min moon fight scene from asura's wrath.

90% of other teletubers just subscribe to game pass to show the first thing the game starts with and don't even bother playing the game afterwards.

I am amazed how quantum guy is holding on doing detailed testing. Most other guys have succumbed to short testing.

Btw are you planning on some speakers setup? I am unable to find any good logitech sets like Z906 or Z625 in this sales. Most probably they don't wanna discount the items. Edifier has no warranty in india. Idk what to buy. Don't like soundbars as they condense the volume so much. If you know of shops and products do pm or post here. I can't login via pc so have to use posts only.

On 10/20/2021 at 5:46 PM, Agent 47 said:

I did check QN90A. I found the colors oversaturated on it. Also, Samsung claims no blooming on it but there. Not as bad as Q90T but still. Also, just 1 HDMI 2.1 port is a no-no. Hence i leaned towards C1 cause pricing for them is almost same. For gaming, i don't think anything comes close to C1.

Pricing for c1 same as qn90a?!

What would be the cost of c1 48 inch during Diwali in Bangalore offline stores bro?

In Jayanagar , Devi international usually offer awesome prices….but haven’t enquired with them regarding oled tv’s

Edited by silv3rgunn3r

6 hours ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Pricing for c1 same as qn90a?!

What would be the cost of c1 48 inch during Diwali in Bangalore offline stores bro?

In Jayanagar , Devi international usually offer awesome prices….but haven’t enquired with them regarding oled tv’s

For 55" it was almost same. It was MRP btw. They are giving heavy discounts on both. But the question is why would i pay so much for MiniLED when i can get an OLED.

1 hour ago, Agent 47 said:

For 55" it was almost same. It was MRP btw. They are giving heavy discounts on both. But the question is why would i pay so much for MiniLED when i can get an OLED.

Constrained budget ...don't see myself exceeding 80k :P

plus aren't burn in issues like a thing on oled TVs? If I buy one I use it for minimum 8-10 years . Who'll risk burn in? I don't replace my tv every 3-4 years 

My current bravia LCD tv in the hall which I bought in 2009 is still going good /touchwood and the one I use currently was bought in 2015

22 minutes ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

plus aren't burn in issues like a thing on oled TVs? If I buy one I use it for minimum 8-10 years . Who'll risk burn in? I don't replace my tv every 3-4 years 

My current bravia LCD tv in the hall which I bought in 2009 is still going good /touchwood and the one I use currently was bought in 2015

Qn90 lele :naughty:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

With your budget you have a couple of options.

If you don't care about 4K120 gaming, you should look into Hisense U6G. Its one of the best budget TV currently.

There is also TCL C825 Mini LED. Haven't seen this in person but have heard good things about it.

There is also Samsung Frame. It ain't the best but its pretty good.

OLED TV ain't perfect. Burn-in is an issue but it ain't as bad as people make it to be. Don't watch content with static images for long durations. If you properly take care of it. It'll be fine. Very few options for TVs in Indian market. If Hisense would have launched their U7G or U8G i would have gone of either of those than an OLED. My 2009 Samsung LCD also has some burn issues so yeah it is possible on regular LCD.

Also, i doubt TVs will last that long anymore. Regardless of it being an OLED or LCD. 

• Thanks 1