Jump to content

The TV Decision Making Thread


Bulovski

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

How risky is playing subtitles with all videos on OLED? I like watching everything with subtitles but I have read that subtitles can really aggravate the burn ins.

 

:ko: 

 

Dudes who are worried about burn ins need to relax.. like subtitles kuch bhi.. remember those are not static and keeps changing.. thats the logic you need to apply for burn-in in general.. Been a year I got mine and have no issues.. 

 

U can watch cricket also.. you are not watching ONLY cricket all the time is what matters..

 

Just don't use it for lot of DTH stuff on OLED not saying bcos of Burn in but DTH looks shite anyway on such display.. 4K OTT, Movies, Gaming should be the usual stuff to make the most of it.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

How risky is playing subtitles with all videos on OLED? I like watching everything with subtitles but I have read that subtitles can really aggravate the burn ins.

Sent from my KB2001 using Tapatalk
 

 

3 years in. Don't worry. I use subs with almost everything i watch. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

 

3 years in. Don't worry. I use subs with almost everything i watch. 

 

Same. No issues whatsoever with both the C9s I have at home. Over 3.5k hours each watched on both

Edited by Sach4life
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Yikes that sucks. Mine isn’t placed next to a window. But I usually play in a bright environment…I mean if it gets even a bit dark at any time of the day , I immediately turn on the lights Same during night as well.

 

So even with a tubelight on in the room, it’ll look sh*t?


My tubelight is directly opposite to the TV, it's a LED one but it sits really high on the wall, while the OLED is on the table, i lose a bit of immersion because of it nothing major, but my room is small, i guess if you use the TV in a hall then you might have multiple tubelights ?

I have three lighting modes, one tubelight helps for watching sports, two power saver mid level light helps for gaming without straining eyes, third low power white light which i use for single player immersive games, the oled blacks make you really engrossed in free roam worlds like jedi fallen order, started kingdoms of amalor re-reckoning today, the oled makes the graphics look so good. Which QN90A should do as well though, not sure about other LCDs.
 

1 hour ago, Assassins Creed said:

 

:ko: 

 

Dudes who are worried about burn ins need to relax.. like subtitles kuch bhi.. remember those are not static and keeps changing.. thats the logic you need to apply for burn-in in general.. Been a year I got mine and have no issues.. 

 

U can watch cricket also.. you are not watching ONLY cricket all the time is what matters..

 

Just don't use it for lot of DTH stuff on OLED not saying bcos of Burn in but DTH looks shite anyway on such display.. 4K OTT, Movies, Gaming should be the usual stuff to make the most of it.. 


1080i football matches look poor when coverage is on telecast camera. Close up looks decent, idk if i should update my airtel dth box, are the new boxes capable of upscaling to 4k ? mine is the first batch HD Airtel box.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, NitroNeo said:


My tubelight is directly opposite to the TV, it's a LED one but it sits really high on the wall, while the OLED is on the table, i lose a bit of immersion because of it nothing major, but my room is small, i guess if you use the TV in a hall then you might have multiple tubelights ?

I have three lighting modes, one tubelight helps for watching sports, two power saver mid level light helps for gaming without straining eyes, third low power white light which i use for single player immersive games, the oled blacks make you really engrossed in free roam worlds like jedi fallen order, started kingdoms of amalor re-reckoning today, the oled makes the graphics look so good. Which QN90A should do as well though, not sure about other LCDs.
 


1080i football matches look poor when coverage is on telecast camera. Close up looks decent, idk if i should update my airtel dth box, are the new boxes capable of upscaling to 4k ? mine is the first batch HD Airtel box.

Ya but in my case the tub light and tv are very far apart and do not come in line of sight of each other. Which are these mid level power saver saver lights you talk about? Name please :D 

 

Also bruh , just use Hotstar for football matches lol and Sony liv for UCL matches. Why watch it on DTH if it’s only 1080i res.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ya but in my case the tub light and tv are very far apart and do not come in line of sight of each other. Which are these mid level power saver saver lights you talk about? Name please [emoji3] 
 
Also bruh , just use Hotstar for football matches lol and Sony liv for UCL matches. Why watch it on DTH if it’s only 1080i res.
Our area has sh*t internet and since hathway merged with jio and still not willing to submit it's operations to jio we are stuck with 50 Mbps net that too keeps turning off every now and then so no OTT. The only other ISP is mtnl who had it's landline cables stolen at their junction a couple of months back and now the entire area doesn't even have functioning landline phones. So net is probably out too. They said they don't have staff because of pandemic Lel.

Though I'm glad i switched from mtnl to hathway a couple of years back.

I don't have the box of the bulb but i think the other one i have is of similar power it's 14W. The model i found on amazon is 16W and i saw one which was 20W also. So check at HW store and then buy the one you like. You can try the CFL option if you want but i wanted a lightweight bulb so i went with a LED Bulb.

https://www.amazon.in/Philips-Stellar-Bright-Crystal-White/dp/B082HYYNR8/ref=asc_df_B082HYYNR8/?tag=googleshopmob-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=397038734050&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3902996240020234850&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007785&hvtargid=pla-1158021392839&psc=1&ext_vrnc=hi

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk


  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Ya but in my case the tub light and tv are very far apart and do not come in line of sight of each other. Which are these mid level power saver saver lights you talk about? Name please :D 

 

Also bruh , just use Hotstar for football matches lol and Sony liv for UCL matches. Why watch it on DTH if it’s only 1080i res.

Hotstar and sony liv matches are a minute behind. People in whatsapp groups are already celebrating goal before the move has even started on hotstar. This is why I prefer dth for football or even cricket matches which are a ball behind on streams lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NitroNeo said:

Our area has sh*t internet and since hathway merged with jio and still not willing to submit it's operations to jio we are stuck with 50 Mbps net that too keeps turning off every now and then so no OTT. The only other ISP is mtnl who had it's landline cables stolen at their junction a couple of months back and now the entire area doesn't even have functioning landline phones. So net is probably out too. They said they don't have staff because of pandemic Lel.

Though I'm glad i switched from mtnl to hathway a couple of years back.

I don't have the box of the bulb but i think the other one i have is of similar power it's 14W. The model i found on amazon is 16W and i saw one which was 20W also. So check at HW store and then buy the one you like. You can try the CFL option if you want but i wanted a lightweight bulb so i went with a LED Bulb.

https://www.amazon.in/Philips-Stellar-Bright-Crystal-White/dp/B082HYYNR8/ref=asc_df_B082HYYNR8/?tag=googleshopmob-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=397038734050&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3902996240020234850&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007785&hvtargid=pla-1158021392839&psc=1&ext_vrnc=hi

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

 

Oh that sucks…guess you’ll have to wait for a better ISP coverage in your area

12 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Hotstar and sony liv matches are a minute behind. People in whatsapp groups are already celebrating goal before the move has even started on hotstar. This is why I prefer dth for football or even cricket matches which are a ball behind on streams lol.

Hehe ya which is why your WhatsApp goal notifications are always early xD

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NitroNeo said:

Our area has sh*t internet and since hathway merged with jio and still not willing to submit it's operations to jio we are stuck with 50 Mbps net that too keeps turning off every now and then so no OTT. The only other ISP is mtnl who had it's landline cables stolen at their junction a couple of months back and now the entire area doesn't even have functioning landline phones. So net is probably out too. They said they don't have staff because of pandemic Lel.

Though I'm glad i switched from mtnl to hathway a couple of years back.

I don't have the box of the bulb but i think the other one i have is of similar power it's 14W. The model i found on amazon is 16W and i saw one which was 20W also. So check at HW store and then buy the one you like. You can try the CFL option if you want but i wanted a lightweight bulb so i went with a LED Bulb.

https://www.amazon.in/Philips-Stellar-Bright-Crystal-White/dp/B082HYYNR8/ref=asc_df_B082HYYNR8/?tag=googleshopmob-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=397038734050&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3902996240020234850&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007785&hvtargid=pla-1158021392839&psc=1&ext_vrnc=hi

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

 

Oh that sucks…guess you’ll have to wait for a better ISP coverage in your area

12 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Hotstar and sony liv matches are a minute behind. People in whatsapp groups are already celebrating goal before the move has even started on hotstar. This is why I prefer dth for football or even cricket matches which are a ball behind on streams lol.

Hehe ya which is why your WhatsApp goal notifications are always early xD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Agent 47 said:

Can anyone suggest me a good microfiber cloth for OLED? And How much of dust magnet are they? Do i need some cloth to cover it with when i'm not using it?

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B082GC5NN1/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_2G6JSDWGMXM1400HHSPE

 

Buy this without thinking.

Don't cover it with anything, just give it a soft wipe once a week or every 2 weeks.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B082GC5NN1/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_2G6JSDWGMXM1400HHSPE

 

Buy this without thinking.

Don't cover it with anything, just give it a soft wipe once a week or every 2 weeks.

 

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/6/2021 at 7:42 PM, KunjanPSD said:

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B082GC5NN1/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_2G6JSDWGMXM1400HHSPE

 

Buy this without thinking.

Don't cover it with anything, just give it a soft wipe once a week or every 2 weeks.

Do you recommend using 70% Isopropyal alcohol with this cloth?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Absolutely not.

Just a spritz of water and that's it.

Don't use anything else.

 

I believe Distilled Water is better atleast that's what everyone mentions.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

https://techenclave.com/threads/the-everyday-show-off-thread.57621/post-2320643

 

Someone netted a 55 inch C1 for 1 lac from Croma. 

 

Curious to see the break up.. unless he had some contacts tough to get that net price 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...