Jump to content

The TV Decision Making Thread


Bulovski

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

 

I bought it from LG Shoppe (Videotronics), Indiranagar. They quoted the lowest for ICICI.

 

I also contacted

 

Devi International in Jayanagar (1.25 after cashback)

Protail in Harlur (1.2 after cashback)

AMBA in Hosur Rd (1.14 after cashback, but for Axis or Citi cards, and only after I told them I'm getting the offer from LG Shoppe for 1.14)

 

seC8GMY.jpg

Since this is an instant brand discount and no cost EMI, you can probably foreclose this soon as possible (not sure how it works with ICICI) and get more savings? Or does that EMI cashback gets credited after 90 days?

Edited by KunjanPSD
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, silv3rgunn3r said:

Oh nice!

I'll check out the indranagar store when i need it.

Last time i checked Devi and girias were quoting higher rates over the phone 

Indiranagar store actually quoted full 1.8L over the phone, It probably wasn't the TV guy so he might not have been aware of the offers but I actually laughed out loud and told him what Devi was quoting me. He said he'll call back in 5 minutes and another guy called. He said 1.4 and then cashback but I kept telling him about the other offer. Then negotiations began and managed to bring it down to 1.1L. I contacted them last thinking they'd be pricey considering it's an Indiranagar store.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

 

 

seC8GMY.jpg

 

 

Be careful about how to read this.. The EMI interest cash back shown there is kinda scam..  once you get the payment schedule please review it once. The loan amount should be less than payable about in No cost cases.. talk to me if you have Qs..

 

Are you planning to pay in EMI or close it early to save the interest?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, KunjanPSD said:

Since this is an instant brand discount and no cost EMI, you can probably foreclose this soon as possible (not sure how it works with ICICI) and get more savings?

There's both an instant discount as well as cashback. Cashback would arrive in 90 days so I'll check pre-closure then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Assassins Creed said:

 

 

Be careful about how to read this.. The EMI interest cash back shown there is kinda scam..  once you get the payment schedule please review it once. The loan amount should be less than payable about in No cost cases.. talk to me if you have Qs..

 

Are you planning to pay in EMI or close it early to save the interest?

They said it's not truly no-cost EMI since they can only offer to cover some of the interest I'll be paying and I'll still have to pay around 2% of the value as interest since it's a 12 month EMI. Honestly, I was just planning on paying the EMIs since it's less hassle but there's a bit of cashback coming in 90 days so I'll reconsider after that. Will definitely hit you up before I do :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

They said it's not truly no-cost EMI since they can only offer to cover some of the interest I'll be paying and I'll still have to pay around 2% of the value as interest since it's a 12 month EMI. Honestly, I was just planning on paying the EMIs since it's less hassle but there's a bit of cashback coming in 90 days so I'll reconsider after that. Will definitely hit you up before I do :D

Foreclose immediately to get the TV for 1.08L. If you can afford to, that's the cheapest way. You'll also have to pay gst on the interest if you continue the loan. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

They said it's not truly no-cost EMI since they can only offer to cover some of the interest I'll be paying and I'll still have to pay around 2% of the value as interest since it's a 12 month EMI. Honestly, I was just planning on paying the EMIs since it's less hassle but there's a bit of cashback coming in 90 days so I'll reconsider after that. Will definitely hit you up before I do :D

 

About the 90 day cashback.. the only way to know if its true is if its mentioned on the swipe slip or somewhere in the emi schedule.. if it's not mentioned anywhere apart from this mobike device then highly unlikely that you will get it.. 

 

Recently @WhatsInTheName got scammed for waiting 90 days and he got no such cash back..

 

So ultimately if there is no 90 day cashback and if ur looking to close it.. u should do it in month 1 then you can get it for truly 1.1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Foreclose immediately to get the TV for 1.08L. If you can afford to, that's the cheapest way. You'll also have to pay gst on the interest if you continue the loan. 

I think I will foreclose in 3 months after getting the cashback

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Assassins Creed said:

 

About the 90 day cashback.. the only way to know if its true is if its mentioned on the swipe slip or somewhere in the emi schedule.. if it's not mentioned anywhere apart from this mobike device then highly unlikely that you will get it.. 

 

Recently @WhatsInTheName got scammed for waiting 90 days and he got no such cash back..

 

So ultimately if there is no 90 day cashback and if ur looking to close it.. u should do it in month 1 then you can get it for truly 1.1

I honestly hadn't planned on buying it right away so this whole purchase is an impulse buy at this point. Can't really afford to close the EMI right away. I'll see if the 90 day cashback arrives. Regardless of whether it does, It'll allow me to save up enough to pay it off fully. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

I honestly hadn't planned on buying it right away so this whole purchase is an impulse buy at this point. Can't really afford to close the EMI right away. I'll see if the 90 day cashback arrives. Regardless of whether it does, It'll allow me to save up enough to pay it off fully. 

Cool. Makes sense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

I think I will foreclose in 3 months after getting the cashback

 

call up the bank and ask them the very next day if they will pay you anything after 90 days. In my case, HDFC refused saying that that "cashback" was already factored in the interest cost of no-cost emi and paid to merchant. Since your duration is also only 6 months, if you wait 3 months, you would have already paid a majority of the interest.

 

if you want to be on a safer side, foreclose early

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, WhatsInTheName said:

 

call up the bank and ask them the very next day if they will pay you anything after 90 days. In my case, HDFC refused saying that that "cashback" was already factored in the interest cost of no-cost emi and paid to merchant. Since your duration is also only 6 months, if you wait 3 months, you would have already paid a majority of the interest.

 

if you want to be on a safer side, foreclose early

 

Mine is a 12 month EMI. I'll call the bank to confirm the cashback.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

Mine is a 12 month EMI. I'll call the bank to confirm the cashback.

Bro, charge slip pe mentioned hai cashback?

Bus yeh check kro.

And also, don't lose that slip till all of your EMIs are paid.

Edited by KunjanPSD
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Bro, charge slip pe mentioned hai cashback?

Bus yeh check kro.

And also, don't lose that slip till all of your EMIs are paid.

TV is only getting delivered on 24th and I'm making full payment only then. Right now, I've just paid a booking amount and gotten a cost breakdown from the store. I'll ensure I check the charge slip for the cashback

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

TV is only getting delivered on 24th and I'm making full payment only then. Right now, I've just paid a booking amount and gotten a cost breakdown from the store. I'll ensure I check the charge slip for the cashback

Afaik, the entire amount is debited from your account/CC at once and then credited back, this is a verification measure and then you get the charge-slip then and there. Followed by first EMI debit after a few days.

Not sure how the booking amount and then the slip system will work.

 

Anyway, make sure you check the TV for any signs of it being a demo unit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Afaik, the entire amount is debited from your account/CC at once and then credited back, this is a verification measure and then you get the charge-slip then and there. Followed by first EMI debit after a few days.

Not sure how the booking amount and then the slip system will work.

 

Anyway, make sure you check the TV for any signs of it being a demo unit.

Yeah, they took 6k. They'll reduce that from the price when they bill the item on my card. I'm currently not in Bangalore and I needed it delivered on the 24th (moving back to Bangalore after 2 years), so they took a booking amount to confirm the purchase.  I'll visit the store on the day of and check the TV for any signs of it being a demo unit. Thanks for the heads up! 

Edited by CtrlAltDev93
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

Pulled the trigger and made the purchase. Got the 55 C1. Came up to 1.1L after all the cashback and discount. Thanks for the help, guys. Would have stuck with Frame and probably thought about the "what-ifs" had it not been for the discussion here.

 

Congrats bro ! You'll love the PQ, and WebOS is really good. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

 

Congrats bro ! You'll love the PQ, and WebOS is really good. 

Thank you! Parents are wondering why I’m so excited to go back to office after seeing me WFH like a lazy sloth the past 2 years. Little do they know that it’s the gaming set up I’ve got planned that’s really keeping me motivated. :dance:
 

Gotta start looking at soundbars after I recover from this purchase a bit

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

Thank you! Parents are wondering why I’m so excited to go back to office after seeing me WFH like a lazy sloth the past 2 years. Little do they know that it’s the gaming set up I’ve got planned that’s really keeping me motivated. :dance:
 

Gotta start looking at soundbars after I recover from this purchase a bit

 

LG OLEDs have decent speakers. They'll go a long way. In comparison, my Sony's speakers are absolute garbage. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...