The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

5 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Now wait till Diwali and upgrade to atleast x90 series.

Its for living room where it will be used hardly a couple of hours daily. So spending so much won't make sense. In any case have postponed till Diwali sales. 

At the back of my mind I am thinking of getting an OLED and shift bedroom Sony to living room. Only issue is to justify this to my better half ?

2 hours ago, kaka_messi said:

Guys please recommend a sound bar for LG C1. 

Looking for dolby atmos sound bar. I wanted to import LG SP9YA from the states but faker is huge and can't be brought back as a carry on luggage (too expensive for a check in) plus it is not available in India....I don't know why. 

@Assassins Creed uses JBL Bar 9

11 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

@Assassins Creed uses JBL Bar 9

Haha we have spoken before over PMs :fear1:

Recommended him a Bar 5.1

@kaka_messi I really don't suggest getting these expensive things from abroad as warranty is a concern..

If you don't want to go true surround right away then check out Klipsch Cinema 600 and Cinema 800.. You can take the demo in Cinebels, Bangalore 

On 7/24/2022 at 10:28 AM, iamgulshan said:

Anyone using Hisense u6g for gaming ? Ps5 ? 

Need recommendations for a budget 4k smart tv, ~45kish. Streaming content + ps5 gaming is priority.

On 7/25/2022 at 12:50 AM, WhatsInTheName said:

It's pretty good.

Pros:

Blacks are deep. Contrast is great. Dolby vision looks excellent - better than HDR via the native app. I have the TV connected via Ethernet cable @100 mbps and Netflix, Prime video and Hotstar are as clear as running off of a Bluray player. PS5 games look amazing. No screen judder or anything. 

Cons:

Screen as reflective as OLEDs, so you need dark room to watch. Remote is crap.

Just saw the price on Amazon - 49k before discounts. I bought mine at 55k 3 months ago and still think it was a great price for this TV. At 49k, it's a steal. A no brainer at this price point. It's the best panel this side of 1L rupees.

PS: no 120 hz or VRR if that's in your purchasing criteria. But then, no TV under 50k has those 2 features afaik.

There's Toshiba M550LP, 60Hz FALD panel and has VRR too. Going for 51K on FK. IIRC Toshiba uses panels from Hisense.

Personally using their Toshiba U79 series FALD, for over a year with PS5. Satisfied so far. 

9 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Haha we have spoken before over PMs :fear1:

Recommended him a Bar 5.1

@kaka_messi I really don't suggest getting these expensive things from abroad as warranty is a concern..

If you don't want to go true surround right away then check out Klipsch Cinema 600 and Cinema 800.. You can take the demo in Cinebels, Bangalore 

Yup bro....so going to buy from a local store.

JBL 5.1 does not have dolby atmos so what will happen to videos that have dolby atmos aka most of the streaming apps videos?

Or is dolby digital dts better and have backward compatibility with dolby atmos?

21 minutes ago, kaka_messi said:

Yup bro....so going to buy from a local store.

JBL 5.1 does not have dolby atmos so what will happen to videos that have dolby atmos aka most of the streaming apps videos?

Or is dolby digital dts better and have backward compatibility with dolby atmos?

Damn this know this.. when the device doesn't support Atmos it will play in 5.1 surround which will pretty much sound similar... thats why take a demo of both Bar 9.1 and 5.1 and see the difference.. for a smaller place 5.1 should be good enough..

DTS tracks doesn't exist pretty much in streaming world these days..

• Thanks 1

On 7/27/2022 at 6:36 PM, gecko89 said:

There's Toshiba M550LP, 60Hz FALD panel and has VRR too. Going for 51K on FK. IIRC Toshiba uses panels from Hisense.

Personally using their Toshiba U79 series FALD, for over a year with PS5. Satisfied so far. 

Yeah i had good experience with Toshiba too in the past. Not like Philips level of the good old days, but best among the mid-ranger TVs.

Btw, consoles require branded vrr support (freesync gsync) or anything with the words VRR will work?

2 hours ago, WhatsInTheName said:

Yeah i had good experience with Toshiba too in the past. Not like Philips level of the good old days, but best among the mid-ranger TVs.

Btw, consoles require branded vrr support (freesync gsync) or anything with the words VRR will work?

Any VRR should work. 

"Following hours of meticulous evaluation and deliberations, the experts crowed Sony the 2022 King of 4K TVs, granting its 65” XR65A95K QD-OLED an average score of 8.9/10. Second place was awarded to Samsung and its QN65S95B QD-OLED with an 8.3, and LG’s OLED65G2PUA OLED came in third with an average score of 7.9."

https://www.avnirvana.com/threads/sonys-xr65a95k-qd-oled-wins-value-electronics-tv-shootout-2022.10788/

I need dire help in finding which tv to buy around 80-85 inches

everything is so confusing 

i would just go get the lg cx oled but my family members want specificaly that inch and is there any 8k tvs at that range as well

i have a ps5 as well so it would be a plus if the tv can run that well as well

Also the major worry i have is - that the minute i buy the tv within few weeks a way superior refresh will end up coming:bash:

21 hours ago, kittoo said:

Ridiculous price Sony has got going on for the A95K here in India. Also no 55" version seems available. Weird.

screenshot2022-08-050qcknj.jpg

The pricing on their website shows a discounted price of Rs.351490/-. Not that that's a very good price either , lol, but I guess including taxes and all its probably the same as what it would be priced abroad. *Not including the US of course where all electronics are wayyy cheaper than here. 

30 minutes ago, arjun_sasuke said:

The pricing on their website shows a discounted price of Rs.351490/-. Not that that's a very good price either , lol, but I guess including taxes and all its probably the same as what it would be priced abroad. *Not including the US of course where all electronics are wayyy cheaper than here. 

Yeah saw that price at ShopatSC. Its $4000 MRP in US, so I suppose thats pretty close to direct conversion.

It should go down a little more or have better offers in Diwali. If only they had a 55" version for around 2.2-2.4L at Diwali, I would've bought it. 

8 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Thats still very steep.. why not the LG 65s 

TBH, I am very confused and havent decided yet. It will depend on price difference and options available. This year everything is a little f'ed up. LG G2 is definitely a contender and cheaper and also available in my preferred 55" size, but doesnt have a stand and I want to keep the TV on a table. So I will have to buy a stand and the official one is very expensive and not in India.

The Sony A95K is not even available in 55" size. And 65" I can manage but is too expensive.

I will decide during Diwali. If Sony doesnt come up with 55" by then, I might just go with G2 55" and see what I can do about that stand. But if the prices are reasonably close then I will go for A95K 65" as it is indeed better (and might feel more of an upgrade from my current C9) and has a stand and all. Lets see what happens.

• Like 1