Jump to content

The TV Decision Making Thread


Bulovski

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, AtheK said:

best TV to get under a lac for dad, not too held up on refresh rate, thinking of X80AJ, will go check it out today.

 

COming to around 93.5 for 65" on amazon after 5% amazon pay cashback

 

Sony TV

Get the hisense one which @WhatsInTheNamegot. Pretty solid set. X80 is dogshit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Get the hisense one which @WhatsInTheNamegot. Pretty solid set. X80 is dogshit. 

Ya saw the display it was f**ked up, picked up Samsung QLED 65Q70A on a very good price.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Currently using 46" 1080p LED TV bought in 2013.

Want to upgrade to 4k since many years, but didn't due to cost and job situation. The new TV will effectively be used as a monitor and will not be connected to WiFi or Ethernet at all.

Requirements

1. Screen size between 46" and 50". Don't want to downsize from 46". But 55" and above is too big for my room and will definitely cause discomfort.

2. Primary use is for Console gaming. Want response time and other specifications to be optimized for near monitor level specifications. Not concerned about picture enhancements, colour accuracy, post processing. Infact would prefer the absence or the option to turn it off.

3. Would like it to be durable. I do not want problems within 12-24 months. I desire it to last minimum 4-5 years.

 

I'm not concerned about brand value at all. I give equal consideration to any YokohamaKimLeeScarlett brands. Not restricted to Samsung, LG, Sony.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, eddy4823 said:

It runs for a while. If I fast forward it, it hangs. Only tried a 13 GB version of Avengers from a 14 GB old pen drive. 

I use external SSD and it runs absolutely fine for me. 

 

What you can do is borrow someone's external SSD and see if it works fine for you. If it works, I highly recommend you buy SSD. The transfer speed is phenomenal especially considering 4ks are usually above 14GB.

 

Won't recommend HDD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

 

HDD also works fine. I've hoarded over 20 TB, and they play 4k HDR Bluray remuxes just fine. Even LOTR remasters. 

Any suggestions ? I have an external HDD but it's not being recognised by my TV. Is it because it's in exFAT format ? 

Edited by eddy4823
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

 

HDD also works fine. I've hoarded over 20 TB, and they play 4k HDR Bluray remuxes just fine. Even LOTR remasters. 

No. I mean their copy speed is slow. It's not future proof when you get upgraded laptop that has 3.1 or type C. Hdd will give you the same speed regardless of which port you use. 

 

SSD will massively boost the speed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, dante77 said:

No. I mean their copy speed is slow. It's not future proof when you get upgraded laptop that has 3.1 or type C. Hdd will give you the same speed regardless of which port you use. 

 

SSD will massively boost the speed. 

 

That's just the copy speed to the HDD. For data hoarding, SSD is super costly. My laptop has 2 TB4 ports, and 2 USB 3.2. Yes, SSD is faster, and also 5x the price. Good if you're not into hoarding or running NAS. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

 

That's just the copy speed to the HDD. For data hoarding, SSD is super costly. My laptop has 2 TB4 ports, and 2 USB 3.2. Yes, SSD is faster, and also 5x the price. Good if you're not into hoarding or running NAS. 

Agree for hoarding, HDD is better. I watch a movie and delete them immediately lol. My SSD is almost always empty. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, XBOX36O said:

Currently using 46" 1080p LED TV bought in 2013.

Want to upgrade to 4k since many years, but didn't due to cost and job situation. The new TV will effectively be used as a monitor and will not be connected to WiFi or Ethernet at all.

Requirements

1. Screen size between 46" and 50". Don't want to downsize from 46". But 55" and above is too big for my room and will definitely cause discomfort.

2. Primary use is for Console gaming. Want response time and other specifications to be optimized for near monitor level specifications. Not concerned about picture enhancements, colour accuracy, post processing. Infact would prefer the absence or the option to turn it off.

3. Would like it to be durable. I do not want problems within 12-24 months. I desire it to last minimum 4-5 years.

 

I'm not concerned about brand value at all. I give equal consideration to any YokohamaKimLeeScarlett brands. Not restricted to Samsung, LG, Sony.

Depends on your budget 

if you can afford it get the 48 inch LG c1 oled tv

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Depends on your budget 

if you can afford it get the 48 inch LG c1 oled tv

Nice suggestion. I saw the US pricing of $1049 which is somewhat manageable. But they sell the exact same model for 1.8 lakhs here in India which is out of my budget.

My maximum budget is 1 lakh INR. I'm open to forego OLED and compromise with mainstream LED TVs.

Want suggestions as to what is the "best among the rest"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, XBOX36O said:

Nice suggestion. I saw the US pricing of $1049 which is somewhat manageable. But they sell the exact same model for 1.8 lakhs here in India which is out of my budget.

My maximum budget is 1 lakh INR. I'm open to forego OLED and compromise with mainstream LED TVs.

Want suggestions as to what is the "best among the rest"

You will easily get it for less than 1 lakh in retail stores. Just go and check. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, XBOX36O said:

Nice suggestion. I saw the US pricing of $1049 which is somewhat manageable. But they sell the exact same model for 1.8 lakhs here in India which is out of my budget.

My maximum budget is 1 lakh INR. I'm open to forego OLED and compromise with mainstream LED TVs.

Want suggestions as to what is the "best among the rest"

If you buy it in offline stores you can get the 48 inch model for 89k or so. I had been to Croma few months back and they were ready to bill at that price.

Since you have a budget of 1 lakh and require less than 55 inch this tv maybe suitable for you.

 

You can research a bit about this on YouTube or Reddit , it’s like the go-to TV for most gamers.

 

 

Edited by silv3rgunn3r
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/1/2022 at 11:01 PM, abhi90 said:

Doesn't work for TrueHD :cry:

TrueHD is Dolby right? Should work natively multi-channel 

 

DTS multi-channel isn’t supported so we have to force stereo through linear pcm setting

 

this is afaik 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, dante77 said:

Can't you easily just format it to NTFS? 

Friend says no I can't format. I have returned the HDD back now and ordered a new one for myself. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

If you buy it in offline stores you can get the 48 inch model for 89k or so. I had been to Croma few months back and they were ready to bill at that price.

Since you have a budget of 1 lakh and require less than 55 inch this tv maybe suitable for you.

 

You can research a bit about this on YouTube or Reddit , it’s like the go-to TV for most gamers.

 

 

I'm convinced about the TV. If I can get it for the pricing that you suggest, I will go for it. Thank You.

21 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

You will easily get it for less than 1 lakh in retail stores. Just go and check. 

Ok. I will check. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok guys, By the end of next month I’ll have saves enough to get a 55” OLED.

 

Now the question is, do I buy it right away or wait till diwali etc

 

 Also which one do I get C1,G1 or something.

 

Guide me OLED gang

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...