The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

Just now, Assassins Creed said:

India also its good enough, like you said it will put Merchant's in spot and they need to prove everything. You will get a temporary credit and Merchant will get 90 days to respond.. some merchants ignore it and voila the temp credit becomes permanent and u keep the defective product also :D :naughty:

Don't forget merchants like Google and Apple and Amazon will deactivate your entire account, profiles and any account they think is yours (by proxy) if you ever file a chargeback with them. Basically screwing your entire life ! 

For consumer electronics, I'm sure it'll be different. 

3 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Don't forget merchants like Google and Apple and Amazon will deactivate your entire account, profiles and any account they think is yours (by proxy) if you ever file a chargeback with them. Basically screwing your entire life ! 

For consumer electronics, I'm sure it'll be different. 

Their policies are quite generous towards consumers right, I actually raised a chargeback against Amazon, randomly got charged 1 month for Amazon Prime Netherlands and I got the credit, one given by bank one given by Amazon :P

54 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

India also its good enough, like you said it will put Merchant's in spot and they need to prove everything. You will get a temporary credit and Merchant will get 90 days to respond.. some merchants ignore it and voila the temp credit becomes permanent and u keep the defective product also :D :naughty:

That happened with me when I ordered 20k worth of Gift cards from FK and all of them were invalid. CITI reversed the amount and FK provided me refund as well. 

• Haha 1

On 5/21/2023 at 8:07 PM, Assassins Creed said:

C1 Boys - Can you run this test on your TVs.. ideally used more than a year and feedback..  Want to know if this is a CX issue only.. 

I ran this on my CX and found few dead pixels, there is one on top left and one on top right but there are 8-10 of them at bottom. I've attached a pic here. Not sure, if they'd even replace panel for something like this. My warranty runs out in October 2023 though :eyebrow:

npNQG5r.jpg

Edit: Just rang the customer service, and they told me they'll send an engineer and I'll have to pay service charge of 1770. I asked them can they clarify on warranty, and they told me they can only see the date of purchase which is weird.

Edit2: Engineer called and confirmed warranty is 3 years so it'll be covered. Now, I await if they'll even replace this or no. It's not really visible from far. @Assassins Creed do you think they'd replace this?

Edited by Kushagra
DRAMA!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Kushagra said:

I ran this on my CX and found few dead pixels, there is one on top left and one on top right but there are 8-10 of them at bottom. I've attached a pic here. Not sure, if they'd even replace panel for something like this. My warranty runs out in October 2023 though :eyebrow:

npNQG5r.jpg

Edit: Just rang the customer service, and they told me they'll send an engineer and I'll have to pay service charge of 1770. I asked them can they clarify on warranty, and they told me they can only see the date of purchase which is weird.

Edit2: Engineer called and confirmed warranty is 3 years so it'll be covered. Now, I await if they'll even replace this or no. It's not really visible from far. @Assassins Creed do you think they'd replace this?

You are really lucky, the dead pixels are really less

Let him come n check..my engineer said more than 5 is replaceable.. don't pay them anything even for visit as warranty is still there..

12 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

You are really lucky, the dead pixels are really less

Let him come n check..my engineer said more than 5 is replaceable.. don't pay them anything even for visit as warranty is still there..

I thought I was unlucky with these because total usage was showing at 3900 hours which I thought was not much in 2.5 years :fear1:

Anyways, the Engineer visited and told me the panel would be replaced. Also, I have until tomorrow to extend warranty for additional 2 years for 27.5k. I think I'll take it. The new one will probably be in the same condition (or worse) in few years. Will have to wait a week for it to be replaced, time to abuse this panel :rofl:

33 minutes ago, Kushagra said:

I thought I was unlucky with these because total usage was showing at 3900 hours which I thought was not much in 2.5 years :fear1:

Anyways, the Engineer visited and told me the panel would be replaced. Also, I have until tomorrow to extend warranty for additional 2 years for 27.5k. I think I'll take it. The new one will probably be in the same condition (or worse) in few years. Will have to wait a week for it to be replaced, time to abuse this panel :rofl:

Ya CX has a known issue across so worth it I guess.. 

2 years 27.5K sounds good.. 

18 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Ya CX has a known issue across so worth it I guess.. 

2 years 27.5K sounds good.. 

Yeah, worth it. Thanks again though, I would've never really picked it on my own and it would've probably worsened in an year or two when warranty would've run out. I wonder how many OLED owners on IVG are running with dead pixels  :fear1:

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

I have C2 :nerves:

dee27f46874fad02ce5d42414f0fa271_w200.gi

Shuru ho ja, seriously though. You should be okay as it's a newer panel, ye sab dikkat purana maal me aati. 

3 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Where did you end up in the process

Got the panel replaced on the third day of the complaint. New 2023 manufactured panel, looks all good!

The guys were not very experienced and the TV didn't start after they connected the MB a couple of times but all good!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, abhi90 said:

Got the panel replaced on the third day of the complaint. New 2023 manufactured panel, looks all good!

The guys were not very experienced and the TV didn't start after they connected the MB a couple of times but all good!

Notice any practical difference in viewing, display etc.? 

24 minutes ago, achilles said:

Notice any practical difference in viewing, display etc.? 

Screen uniformity is fine, no other difference though. Have you noticed something?

Though both my old and new panel had supporter bars from b9/c9! Which freaked me out initially until I saw it's just a supporting metal bar!

1 hour ago, abhi90 said:

Screen uniformity is fine, no other difference though. Have you noticed something?

Though both my old and new panel had supporter bars from b9/c9! Which freaked me out initially until I saw it's just a supporting metal bar!

If you don't noice a difference what's the point of the exercise? :P 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, achilles said:

If you don't noice a difference what's the point of the exercise? :P 

I don't see the 100+ dead pixels that I used to see after I checked for them!

17 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Me reading comfortablably all the OLED complaints here while enjoying QLED without any issues B)

Itna paisa kharch karo fir itne jhsmele karo. 

QLED does not even come close. Thoda jhelna padta hai for best PQ.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, hazard12345 said:

these Oled issues here are making me consider buying a 50k monitor and be done with it for my ps5.

Any recommendations

All the issues are getting fixed via warranty. Not really a big issue.