The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

So I started looking for a 4K tv after Mi TV came about. Tried for a couple of sales unsuccessfully, changed goals to a Sony X93E midway. Went to shop and it seems to be out of stock everywhere and ended up buying an LG OLED 55C7T. Had wanted to buy an OLED tv for long and then splurged somehow. The tv looks gorgeous physically as well as in picture quality. Sound quality is just about average or below average so will have to get a soundbar or something.

• 2 weeks later...

11 hours ago, SRINI87 said:

Anybody bought MI TV 55 inch?

Is it good?

11 hours ago, funnyadit said:

I would also like to know..

Yeah I bought one about three weeks ago, I haven’t got to spend as much time with it as I’d like but it’s in room now, moved my previous 55 1080p tv into the second living. 

My brother in law was telling me that the sound quality isn’t good. However I didn’t and won’t rely on the stock sound because I have my own set of speakers which are always connected to it. So no issues on that. 

As as for the picture quality, I use it mostly with the Xbox One X and the PS4 Pro. It checks every single default setting for 4K and HDR, for both the X and the Pro.  I’m talking about the in console settings including the support for 4K 10bit 60Hz and HDR 10. The picture quality is good, brightness is good, then again I use it in a closed room, so no complaints on either of those. I’m still trying to figure out the best picture settings on the TV, I keep playing with the settings but haven’t got to where I would personally prefer. The panel is sharp and the blacks aren’t OLED level but for an LED panel they’re alright. 

Even with any little issues, the value proposition is so good. I heard it got a 5k price bump making it 45k now and I still think it’s worth every penny. Netflix works flawless @ 4K and HDR on my Xbox X. 

If if anyone here has the same tv, please do post your picture settings. I believe it can be tuned into much better picture than the stock picture modes. 

P.S. Mi needs to put out their stock Netflix, Prime and YouTube  app ASAP. I don’t think it should even be called a smart tv until then. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/04/2018 at 10:56 PM, sweetvar26 said:

Yeah I bought one about three weeks ago, I haven’t got to spend as much time with it as I’d like but it’s in room now, moved my previous 55 1080p tv into the second living. 

My brother in law was telling me that the sound quality isn’t good. However I didn’t and won’t rely on the stock sound because I have my own set of speakers which are always connected to it. So no issues on that. 

As as for the picture quality, I use it mostly with the Xbox One X and the PS4 Pro. It checks every single default setting for 4K and HDR, for both the X and the Pro.  I’m talking about the in console settings including the support for 4K 10bit 60Hz and HDR 10. The picture quality is good, brightness is good, then again I use it in a closed room, so no complaints on either of those. I’m still trying to figure out the best picture settings on the TV, I keep playing with the settings but haven’t got to where I would personally prefer. The panel is sharp and the blacks aren’t OLED level but for an LED panel they’re alright. 

Even with any little issues, the value proposition is so good. I heard it got a 5k price bump making it 45k now and I still think it’s worth every penny. Netflix works flawless @ 4K and HDR on my Xbox X. 

If if anyone here has the same tv, please do post your picture settings. I believe it can be tuned into much better picture than the stock picture modes. 

P.S. Mi needs to put out their stock Netflix, Prime and YouTube  app ASAP. I don’t think it should even be called a smart tv until then. 

Buddy any updates on the performance of the Mi TV?

I'm planning to get it by the end of the month provided Flipkart let's me :furious:

Also , can I pick one up at the Mi Home stores?

Has anyone tried this TV?

UI looks blazing fast and the picture quality seemed excellent too. But yet another TV which isn't directly available or limited by stock. 

8 minutes ago, Playstationdude said:

Guys what is Active HDR in lg Uhd tvs? I went to purchase one today and the salesman told me its 10 bit HDR which basically supports Dolby vision as well.

Marketing Gimmick nothing else. However, for SDR content there is a picture mode named "HDR effect" which tries to mimic HDR for SDR content.

19 minutes ago, Playstationdude said:

But it will give me HDR 10 picture for gaming, right?

Yes HDR10 and DV both are present if you have the source. I have played ME:A in DV on my 43UJ752T. Which are you getting?

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread