Bulovski

The TV Decision Making thread

That one run for a long time 5+ years..motherboard need to be repaired , might cost 2k+ ,hence bought the new one..it's good but bit noise

Not very encouraging :fear:
Did the first one conk off?

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Playstationdude said:

Any other good brand you can suggest? I was thinking of luminous.

When I first bought the ups I used five things in total. Three which are on battery and two slots which surge protected. Battery slots were occupied by TV, Pc and Ps4. Router and power for my internet devices. Because of this I had to keep it on 24*7 hence the fan noise. 

Now I only use the three battery slots. I shifted router and power for Point to point device to another surge protector. 

The Pc is on everyday for minimum 14+ hours. However, I power Down the system before sleeping. Now there is no fan noise at all. 

Br1100 black color model with lcd display does not fan noise issue but it's 9k.

• Like 1

I used to believe there wasn't much difference between 4K content and Full hd as I barely noticed any difference on my HD and full hd from a distance of around 10feet(both 42inchers). But I was wrong! Tried a 4k youtube video and then switched to full hd on the same video(same tv 49inch)- the difference is amazing.

All depends on the quality of the source. A well done 1080p is will always look better than poorly done 4k.

Watch the Power Rangers UHD. Absolutely beautiful and DV just makes it even more spectacular. 

Edited by HEMAN

Guys I’m looking for tv suggestions. I want to watch shows like Bojack horseman. I tried flaked with will arnett and didn’t enjoy it that much. I’ve rewatched the show takeaway 3 times by now. Like it ,ore than rick and morty.

help me !

38 minutes ago, hussain said:

Guys I’m looking for tv suggestions. I want to watch shows like Bojack horseman. I tried flaked with will arnett and didn’t enjoy it that much. I’ve rewatched the show takeaway 3 times by now. Like it ,ore than rick and morty.

help me !

Watch Archer if you haven't. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, adity said:

Watch Archer if you haven't. 

:wub:I can't believe I've found someone besides me who enjoys Archer !:wub:

I've recommended the show to multiple friends but they've all had a 'Meh!' reaction.

Hope you're following the latest Danger Island season.

1 minute ago, -= L O L =- said:

:wub:I can't believe I've found someone besides me who enjoys Archer !:wub:

I've recommended the show to multiple friends but they've all had a 'Meh!' reaction.

Hope you're following the latest Danger Island season.

I watched until the 5th season. Got boring after that.

Guys...finally bought LG 4K TV for a good price.....I wanted to ask how good is this TV? So I bought this based on the suggestion of shop owner who I know personally. He suggested sj850t is discontinued and new model is being launched. So this is that new model (55UK7500). Now I couldn't find that online. But checking the model on New Zealand LG page I see it has good specs....just not sure about 100hz frequency and [email protected] 50mbps part....is the 50mbps part good or should I be worried? I still have the option to return it and get other model.

PS : TV box is sealed and not opened at all....installation will happen tomorrow

dfecb985371c576c0941c9d2fccf1386.jpg

LG tvs are generally good, the hdr won't be as bright as let's say Sony or Samsung, but picture quality of panel usually is good. 

Take extended warranty, both LG 4k TV in family have had panel failures already. Same issue of a vertical line appearing on screen. The bomb these guys cost, I am gonna stick to cheap Chinese makes going forward. 

Edited by AtheK

10 minutes ago, AtheK said:

LG tvs are generally good, the hdr won't be as bright as let's say Sony or Samsung, but picture quality of panel usually is good. 

Take extended warranty, both LG 4k TV in family have had panel failures already. Same issue of a vertical line appearing on screen. The bomb these guys cost, I am gonna stick to cheap Chinese makes going forward. 

Yeah. Mine gave in within an year. Thankfully had taken extended warranty.