The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

1 hour ago, Playstationdude said:

How much did it cost? The lg engineer quoted 18k which I felt is too much.

It was a part of festive offer, one year extended warranty was included in the cost of tv. 18k is still ok, if panel goes its 80-90k

I got that too. 1 year full coverage + 1 year extended for display panel.

Ah ok, so u going for one more with the other guys.. I am done with lg, if this conks off will get a iFFALCON for 45k,with one year warranty.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Ah ok, so u going for one more with the other guys.. I am done with lg, if this conks off will get a iFFALCON for 45k,with one year warranty.

Bajaj finserv is providing warranty on durables so was thinking of picking up a 2 year warranty if its under 5k. The only catch is they have a 10% deductible on the repair cost. But the tie up is Bajaj Allianz so it seems more trustworthy than Onsite go which was sold at Croma.

56 minutes ago, adity said:

I don't know the exact model but it was bought in late 2016. It's a 55 inch LG 4k HDR TV which I assume was top of the line considering we paid 1.8L for it back then. 

What went wrong was that the panel the just went bad for no apparent reason. Vertical lines started appearing and in few days entire screen was filled with black vertical lines. Thankfully LG has excellent service and gave us a new TV within a week or so. 

So even you got vertical lines, seems like an inherent issue then. Mine one was late 2015 and one was late 2017, which conked off with exactly same problem. My cousin who has a Bravia and was boasting how well it is had the same issue in two months, but Sony was bad with service and took 1 month to repair, atleast lg was good in that. 

Cheap tvs FTW. 

Do you recommend going for this instead of LG? There is a warranty by on-site for 4 years after 1 year mfg warranty. It costs 37799. https://onsitego.com/shop/televisions/plans/100001-170000/

13 minutes ago, hope said:

Active HDR or passive HDR?

Can anyone recommend a monitor with 4k HDR? 

Thanks

There is no such thing as Active or Passive HDR. 4K Monitor are expensive. Your budget? 

Edited by HEMAN

It was a part of festive offer, one year extended warranty was included in the cost of tv. 18k is still ok, if panel goes its 80-90k
Btw how is Zopper for extended warranty? They are giving 2 years Extended Warranty for approx 10k.

8 minutes ago, djanuj said:
17 hours ago, AtheK said:

Btw how is Zopper for extended warranty? They are giving 2 years Extended Warranty for approx 10k.

I'm personally thinking of Bajaj finserv. Atleast that is a known company in insurance. Although there is a 10% deductible, but the cost of extended warranty is cheaper compared to other companies.

Congrats on the purchase [mention=11705]djanuj[/mention].. Post pics of TV after installation..
Here you go! Will connect PS4 pro soon. Too lazy to connect pc and console right now.

28751623a568629a53533af6d9b9b849.jpg

Guys. Can anyone suggest good HDMI 2.0 cables for 4k? My TV installation Engineer showed few cables but were 1500 plus. On Amazon their own basic costs 350. And claims 4k@60p. There's also Mivi 4k HDMI v2.0 cable for similar price. But I don't have trust in their writing....can anyone suggest good cable for 4k? Need 5-6 Total Cables.

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread