The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

On 10/8/2019 at 3:53 PM, Gaurav said:

I got a new lg c9 oled, however volume as compared to my LED TV is very low, is it normal?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Yeah, I've noticed the same with my B9. 

as @Bird Bird Bird saidn sound volume is varying significantly based on the source. Its extremely low while watching tatasky, but pretty good while using prime/netflix/ps4.

2 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

Croma offering 55" LG C9 @ 1.4lakh, and extra 7.5k cashback for Bank cards.

Decent deal? Location: Bangalore.

Location is Bangalore. The Sony model I mentioned is available for 1 Lac through some deals and sources. Amazon showed 1.4 lac for the LG one.

I remember reading that one of our guys getting LG OLED for 1.15 lacs from reliance store..

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Wait for Diwali sale. Should go lower, around 1.2. 

Noted.

42 minutes ago, R a g h u said:

I remember reading that one of our guys getting LG OLED for 1.15 lacs from reliance store..

Yep, @Sach4lifeI guess. But he is in Mumbai Delhi, not sure if I will be able to get that good a deal around here.

I am also looking at the Sony X95 or X90 model. But, going by the general reviews, the OLED is ahead in picture quality.

Edited by quixote_1989

6 hours ago, R a g h u said:

Location is Bangalore. The Sony model I mentioned is available for 1 Lac through some deals and sources. Amazon showed 1.4 lac for the LG one.

6 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

Noted.

Yep, @Sach4lifeI guess. But he is in Mumbai Delhi, not sure if I will be able to get that good a deal around here.

I am also looking at the Sony X95 or X90 model. But, going by the general reviews, the OLED is ahead in picture quality.

Wait for Diwali and hop around to see what are best deals offered. Most deals would be on financing (at 0% EMI). 

I got billed for 1.3, but received 23k cashback, so final amount was 1.07l

One of my work colleagues managed to snag a 55inch C9 from a local dealer in Punjab (Ludhiana) where the outer box is a bit mangled, but the TV is pristine (and comes with 3 years warranty to boot) for 90k !

Bottom line: Start shopping now and wait for dealers to call you with the best offers so that you're ready to pay by diwali to maximize benefits. 

8 hours ago, R a g h u said:

I got the B9 oled a few days back for 1.15 after cashbacks from hdfc. In Delhi and not from Reliance, though price variation shouldnt be much.

Edited by Playstationdude

2 hours ago, gs_RoXxX said:

Don't know if this is the right place to ask but from 2-3 days back I am not able to watch 4K titles in netflix when I connect blutooth headphones to tv , it gives an error. As soon as I disconnect the bluetooth earphones netflix works again.

Maybe some DRM BS, not sure though. Try clearing cache/data for Netflix, sign out and login again. Which headphones and Tv?

10 minutes ago, funnyadit said:

Dont recommend this TV.. Very poor on brightness than other TVs in this range.. The previous version of iFFalcon is way better than this.. Or just go for Vu Premium Android..

What's the difference between pixel light and premium ? 

Premium is 36 k and pixel light 32k.

8000 additional for vu premium compared to ifflacon seems too much ?

Edited by GunnerY2J

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread