The Football Thread

Xeno

manutds form is stressing me out man.... :( .... tho im a die hard manutd fan i gotta say tht we aint playin well.... scrappy football... i aint gonna delude myself and think otherwise.... all we need is for our strikers to hit some form.... tevez needs to score to get tht monky of his back.... :(

btw - @ the arsenal fanboy .... gloat all u want..... but at the end of the season ul be seeing arsenal stuggling for its no.3 spot.... its a tradition for them.... the same way as winning the premiership is a tradition for MUFC!! :thumbsup:

manchester_united_fc_squad.jpg

Well said Arjun.

@ Abhishek- No they don't need to be worried because even though they are playing really badly they're still beating teams like Everton and Tottenham. Plus it's a bad phase and they know theyll get back to their last season form. The only other team that has a chance is Liverpool but Benitez being the idiot that he is will keep messing with the starting 11 and leave Kuyt and Torres on the bench.

Edited by Infinity091

Well with the Champions league starting this week, they don't have much time to regain their form. Its one thing to beat Everton and Tottenham, quite another to beat Roma and even Sporting Lisbon.

If Torres stays on the bench the Liverpool fans will probably lynch Rafa but knowing Rafa's strategy he will probably do it anyway.

Well said Arjun.

@ Abhishek- No they don't need to be worried because even though they are playing really badly they're still beating teams like Everton and Tottenham. Plus it's a bad phase and they know theyll get back to their last season form. The only other team that has a chance is Liverpool but Benitez being the idiot that he is will keep messing with the starting 11 and leave Kuyt and Torres on the bench.

Well that's the thing. They can never be sure of winning like against Tottenham and Everton if they keep playing like this. Like Shakti Singh said, with the UCL coming up, they can't afford to play like this, and need to play like the ManU of last year.

And don't make me start talking about Benitez :ranting:

Finally, we have a great start, are playing brilliant football, have a set formation, and what does he do. Doesn't play Gerrard, Babel or Torres in one of the toughest games of the season? Didn't he learn anything from last season? I'll be the first to say, we were appalling at the beginning of last season, out of the title race in the first 10 games. We finally have a good start, and he has to go on with his stupid rotation policy. I am just hoping that he gets back to his senses, and plays a strong team against Birmingham.

Anyways, this will be an awesome week for football. UCL starting tomorrow, and some HUGE games this weekend. We have Man U vs Chelsea in the EPL, Lyon vs Lille in Ligue 1, Werder Bremen vs Stuttgart in the Bundesliga, Barca vs Sevilla in La Liga, and the biggest of all AS Roma vs Juventus in Serie A :P

This is going to be fantastic game. Roma are looking great this season. They have spent really wisely this year, and have a really strong bench now, unlike last year. Hopefully, they can be consistent enough to challenge for the title. It's going to be tough for me. On one hand you have Juve, who are one of my all time favorite teams, and then AS Roma, who I supported all through last year in Serie A. Nonetheless, it's going to be an awesome week

Is there any live Italian football on TV in India? All I've seen is the weekly highlights on Ten Sports. Now that Juve are back in Serie A (and managed by Claudio Ranieri of all people) this season should be interesting.

Neo Sports Plus shows decent amount of Serie A. Otherwise, I manage with football streams.

claudio ranieri....for the sake of those who think serie a is played on another planet, ranieri is a fmr chelsea coach

personally i wasnt too happy to see him coach juve. but im a fan, so i gotta support

ps: its deschamps

peace

for 1 thing he isnt a great coach...i think we agree on tht...got valencia and chelsea no wer and bought bloody idiots lik carlton cole..deschamps was better but i dont think he led monaco tht well

My favorite Ranieri transfer - In Summer 2003, Glen Johnson was bought by Claudio Ranieri from West Ham United for £6 million, having had a loan spell at Millwall. The first purchase of the Abramovich era at Chelsea. Ambitious, isn't he - Ranieri said that Juventus want to be back at the top in five years' time.

who loves david beckham here ?

P.S: I don't !

He isn't bad but focuses to much adds and stuff like that and end's up getting criticized and dropped despite being pretty decent. As for Ranieri and juve. I think juve deserve a better manager.

@ Abhishek- Didn't know you were and liverpool fan thought you supported arsenal. Liverpool probably have the best squad in Europe but unfortunately the worst manager.

@ Arsenal fans- I hope you guys know you support a lousy club.

Barca got f**ked again..Flop 4 or sh*t 4 gettin ready to be thrashed by lyon..Real cruisin along with the magician n flyin SNEIJDER..Now 4 pts ahead..We r playin werder today..Robben to be unleashed..

Champions league starting today..Sevilla vs ars..Very tough test for gunners..

HALA MADRID!!