The Football Thread

Xeno

35 million for suarez :lol: No thanks.It will be a treat to watch cazorola and suarez play together but still dont want him to sign for us.

I am still shocked arsenal are going for him.Still dont believe :P

Wenger bhai kar lo yaar sign kisiko toh.Nearing july end now :ack:

what waiting for it to be uploaded from morning.dan crowley,zelalem,gnabry and bellerin :wub:

not quite sure about eisfeld and akpom....they seem to score a lot but not quite convinced about their overall play.

Edited by rajprdp
  • Like 1

what waiting for it to be uploaded from morning.dan crowley,zelalem,gnabry and bellerin :wub:

Yes, these 4 seem to be the cream of the crop. Definite 1st teamers in near future. Akpom & Olsson might make it too. Could be difficult for Ryo & Eisfeld, even though they are quite good too.

for me best defender in the league alongside kompany and vidic..how highly do non arsenal fans think of him.

He is no where near the best in the leauge

vertonghen agger rio evans better then him

Edited by armaan

Verthongen and Rio were far superior than him last season. If Verthongen maintains this form he will be the best in the league. Koscieny might be better than Agger and Evans but definitely not in the Top 4 in the league

35 million for suarez :lol: No thanks.It will be a treat to watch cazorola and suarez play together but still dont want him to sign for us.

I am still shocked arsenal are going for him.Still dont believe :P

Wenger bhai kar lo yaar sign kisiko toh.Nearing july end now :ack:

He will bid 40 for him next

Yes mourinho ruins players careers, just look at the following spiteful reactions from some of his former wards-

Brilliant Post

If Barca pay the buy-out clause of Thiago Silva then I will meet Messi's buy-out clause of €250 million.

- Paris St Germain’s president Sheikh Nasser Al-Khelaifi

:lol:

not quite sure about eisfeld and akpom....they seem to score a lot but not quite convinced about their overall play.

Those 4 are absolutely brilliant. Particularly impressed by Drowley and Zelalem, the latter making my eyes pop with his play the other day. I'd seen gnabry play quite a bit before so I knew about his potential.

Honestly, Akpom is average. He makes good off ball runs and is in a good position at all times but that's about it. Not really a poacher kind of striker or a creator. Eisfeld on the other hand is actually brilliant. Hasn't impressed on this tour but having seen him play with the reserve squad last season, he really shines in the attacking role. Maybe slightly injured or something.

Also worth mentioning, Rossa and Ramsey are on fire. Pre-season alright but they played their hearts out.

Verthongen and Rio were far superior than him last season. If Verthongen maintains this form he will be the best in the league. Koscieny might be better than Agger and Evans but definitely not in the Top 4 in the league

Considering just last season, Kompany and Vidic were not as good as Verthongen. Vidic still good but Kompany was average at best. Verthongen though, was a solid beast who would attack just as well as he could defend. Different breed on a different form.

Coming to Koscielny, not sure how many Arsenal games ya'll saw, but apart from 2 or 3 bad matches that I could count, he single handedly was Arsenal some points in every match. This was after he was sidelined with injuries and being preferred as backup for some part of the season. Was so glad when he was included in place of Vermaelen, who just didn't seem to care anymore, like Sagna.

My twitter timeline goes apeshit everytime a new article comes linking us to him. 50% want him badly. 50% feel like they'll nuke Emirates if he signs lol.

Personally, would love to have his talent at Arsenal. But given our style of play and how he can never keep away from news, very very VERY unlikely we're getting him.

Losing out to Jovetic has been painful, we're destined to not get Higuain either. Arsene, sign a godlike player dammit. Maybe two. Or three :rant:

Brilliant Post

Mourinho is not a very likeable person, particularly from a rival club's viewpoint. But the madrid and marca backlash is just too much.

okay

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

David Moyes has confirmed Manchester United are in negotiations to sign midfielder Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona.

The boss told a press conference in Sydney that the Reds are keen to bring the former Arsenal star to Old Trafford and hopes to have news in the next two days.

When asked if he had received any official contact back from Barcelona, Moyes said: "I couldn’t tell you exactly. I’m in contact with the executive vice chairman [Ed Woodward], who has been dealing with it just now.

"I'll hopefully know a little more in the next day or so. It’s the middle of the night back in England right now so I may have a bit more information in the next day or so about how it's going.

"We're trying very hard to make some additions to the squad and hopefully there'll be some good news in the not too distant future."

:suicide: