The Football Thread

Xeno

Im happy our owner is a classless twat rather than a secret agent for a rival club who literally gift wrapped a league title last season

We all know how much Champions League has helped Arsenal retain players in recent years

Henry,Fabregas,Van Persie-Great players,great captains who decided that your club despite being in the UCL was not good enough

Stevie G enough said

Bidding based on a tabloid rumor is as if you are playing football manager or Fifa career mode. Its the bid that has pissed John Henry. Also when Barca bid less for Fabregas it is extremely disrespectful but when you guys bid 50% of a players value then it is fine

Great Logic there

Only reason i like /respect Arsenal is cause of Wenger and he is the only reason you guys finish in the top 4. Some of you Arsenal fans make me like Manchester United more

• Like 1

Managing Everton is a different story altogether, they are never playing for the title...FFS they are not even playing for a CL spot...they are a mid table club...where you can afford to lose/draw a much larger number of games...where you can afford to make big mistakes...whereas in case of any top 5 clubs...mistakes like that will just throw you out of contention...look at Liverpool for example...few years back they were one of the top 4...now they are struggling to get a Europa spot.

I think people are being unreasonably harsh. Give the man a chance. Agreed he doesnt have anything to show in trophies, but that doesnt mean his work can be discounted. Not every manager can be a Jose and start winning from the moment he gets a senior team (something he got to after slogging it out as a translator for some years), nor can one be like a pep who has been associated with a club for many many years, as player then working up the ranks as manager, generating instant rapport.

Of course I want to see moyes and United fail and crash and burn hilariously, but that's the Chelsea fan ie a rival in me speaking.

What do you mean by the bold part? United won the PL last year FFS...also when did united stop winning? And the comment was based on his attitude more than match results.

I would like him to win a title...as a matter of fact anything first...then he can go around saying club is bigger than player and BS like that.

Managing Everton is a different story altogether, they are never playing for the title...FFS they are not even playing for a CL spot...they are a mid table club...where you can afford to lose/draw a much larger number of games...where you can afford to make big mistakes...whereas in case of any top 5 clubs...mistakes like that will just throw you out of contention...look at Liverpool for example...few years back they were one of the top 4...now they are struggling to get a Europa spot.

Ferguson was in charge last season. He(Moyes) has to win a trophy first to lure big names. Also we have a very strong squad as of now and the only place where we need some new players is the central midfield area where carrick is the only reason we are doing something. And i think fellaini will be a good option there.

IMO as a rival, I'd be more wary if Kagawa played in that slightly deeper role now. Rooney had one of his best seasons when he played as a proper striker in 09-10 season. But then again would he be better than RVP? Maybe..

I think he was a ridiculous appointment and slightly predictable as well. United could have had anyone. But I agree with the bolded bit especially. The way he has dismantled the coaching staff there is... well.. foolhardy to put it mildly. Coaching staff which had an equal if not greater share in establishing that winning mentality than Fergie. Now all of a sudden the players there would be dealing with the usual moyes' long ball merchant staff.

And the fact that he had Everton punching above their weight -whilst acknowledgable- is sooo overrated. United and Everton are two completely different things, let alone a united with 26 years of fergie as the gaffer. Lets see how it goes when Moyes tries to implement his frankly appalling style of play to united.

Even i dont like the fact that he changed the backroom staff but it was kind of predictable, he would obviously prefer people who he is used to working.

agree wit your second point but u sure rooney prefers to play behind the striker ..... cos afaik he wants to play upfront although i prefer him to be in a slightly withdrawn role

Yes i remember reading a year back where he says that and goes on to say he will take up CM role as he ages.

Im happy our owner is a classless twat rather than a secret agent for a rival club who literally gift wrapped a league title last season

We all know how much Champions League has helped Arsenal retain players in recent years

Henry,Fabregas,Van Persie-Great players,great captains who decided that your club despite being in the UCL was not good enough

Stevie G enough said

Bidding based on a tabloid rumor is as if you are playing football manager or Fifa career mode. Its the bid that has pissed John Henry. Also when Barca bid less for Fabregas it is extremely disrespectful but when you guys bid 50% of a players value then it is fine

Great Logic there

Only reason i like /respect Arsenal is cause of Wenger and he is the only reason you guys finish in the top 4. Some of you Arsenal fans make me like Manchester United more

Very well put. Both Henry and Brendan deserve lot of credit for the way they have handled this affair. You saw rodgers interview the other day? :majesty:

Guys, I'm not doubting Moyes from footballing tactics point of view, my comments are purely based on how he is handling the Rooney scenario or how he is not able to attract any top players.

IMO, till he wins something he has to work it out with the current players and Rooney clearly has given a lot to the club on the football field. There is no position where Rooney was not ready to fill in...he even defended in Evra's position when Evra was too lazy/slow to track back.

I am not sure of what United can achieve without Rooney, for me he is the heart of the team. I really dont like the way Moyes is handling the Rooney scenario...comments like he is a backup when Persie gets injured are just turning a blind eye to all the good that Rooney has done for the team.

Edited by cyclops

Arsenal to bid 20Million for Gundogan :lol:

My guess is that Dortmund wont sell for any less than 35 or 40

Also rumors that Arsenal gonna bid 47.5 for Suarez. Let's see if they do

Fellaini will do the job, but wont be my ideal summer signing. Realistic target, maybe.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4

TBH besides a LB, a Fellaini is all you need if you keep Rooney

Im surprised that Nani has not been given more chances. I feel he is a lot better than Valencia and Young

Very well put. Both Henry and Brendan deserve lot of credit for the way they have handled this affair. You saw rodgers interview the other day? :majesty:

Ya saw

Even if we do sell Suarez to Real i will be happy. The 1 shining light that has come though this storm is that John Henry does care about the club and that alone is enough for this transfer window.

Ya saw

Even if we do sell Suarez to Real i will be happy. The 1 shining light that has come though this storm is that John Henry does care about the club and that alone is enough for this transfer window.

Yup I still think if Madrid came in with a late offer which matches the 50-55M valuation, he would go. Which is fine really, have no qualms about that. Its his stance with dealing with a top 4 rival which is admirable. Wouldn't have seen that with Hicks and Gillett.

Gervinhio gone.Thank god.Showed no improvement.Was really frustrating to watch him :ack: Sign quickkkkkkk wenger,time running out now,

And moyes is a good manager.Look what he did with everton.He will succeed here also.

And Pool,sell suarez or GTFO now.Bahut natak kar rahe saale.Rogers also knows that pool aint getting champs football next year also and top players wont stay in a club with no CL.RVP left arsenal for title,Torres left Pool for title,nasri left arsenal for title,fabregas for the same and now suarez should also leave Pool for CL football.Pool only to be blamed for their sh*t middle table club mentality,signing average players and average managers.Pool be khud apne pairo par khuladi mari hai.

Spurs :panic: Holy hell.Their signings are :panic: Awesome team they got now :panic: Beware top dogs :fear:

Gervinhio gone.Thank god.Showed no improvement.Was really frustrating to watch him :ack: Sign quickkkkkkk wenger,time running out now,

And moyes is a good manager.Look what he did with everton.He will succeed here also.

And Pool,sell suarez or GTFO now.Bahut natak kar rahe saale.Rogers also knows that pool aint getting champs football next year also and top players wont stay in a club with no CL.RVP left arsenal for title,Torres left Pool for title,nasri left arsenal for title,fabregas for the same and now suarez should also leave Pool for CL football.Pool only to be blamed for their sh*t middle table club mentality,signing average players and average managers.Pool be khud apne pairo par khuladi mari hai.

Spurs :panic: Holy hell.Their signings are :panic: Awesome team they got now :panic: Beware top dogs :fear:

Beware Arsenal. If they sell Bale for 100+, then they'll buy Arsenal and get over the rivalry once and for all :P

Beware Arsenal. If they sell Bale for 100+, then they'll buy Arsenal and get over the rivalry once and for all :P

If it was possible I would trigger the buy-out clause of wenger :giggle: