The Football Thread

Xeno

I think united should sign matic if not fellaini and if possible an lb but thts bout it (unless a good trade comes along for young or valencia)

If they do this successfully they'd be able to compete for pl

Cl is another story altogether

Guys, I'm not doubting Moyes from footballing tactics point of view, my comments are purely based on how he is handling the Rooney scenario or how he is not able to attract any top players.

IMO, till he wins something he has to work it out with the current players and Rooney clearly has given a lot to the club on the football field. There is no position where Rooney was not ready to fill in...he even defended in Evra's position when Evra was too lazy/slow to track back.

I am not sure of what United can achieve without Rooney, for me he is the heart of the team. I really dont like the way Moyes is handling the Rooney scenario...comments like he is a backup when Persie gets injured are just turning a blind eye to all the good that Rooney has done for the team.

I think that was a slip of the tongue tbh. Every other press conference of his regarding rooney was spot on.

My guess is that Dortmund wont sell for any less than 35 or 40

Also rumors that Arsenal gonna bid 47.5 for Suarez. Let's see if they do

TBH besides a LB, a Fellaini is all you need if you keep Rooney

Im surprised that Nani has not been given more chances. I feel he is a lot better than Valencia and Young

Valencia was disturbingly poor last season but nani was injured for most of the season last year

Fellaini will do the job, but wont be my ideal summer signing. Realistic target, maybe.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4

Fellaini and Baines (<3).

You liverpool fans pretending to be daft to just support your club or are you really that :loco:

2 separate things :-

1) Release clause knowledge

I didn't say that Arsenal bid it as per the tabloid rumors, I showed you that tabloid story to show that it was already quite a big rumor last year that Suarez has a release clause which must have been even at that time spread by Suarez camp. Liverpool is getting upset about us knowing that release clause but the fact of the matter is that's how the transfers work, as I showed you the example of how clubs shouldn't even know whether a player is in the last year of his contract or not or how many years are left on his contract. But clubs do know that & that is mainly by talking to the agent of the player. What's the point of putting in a clause if it can't even be publicly known. Chelsea also activated Ba's buyout clause last season, no one complained about it then. Fellaini right now has/had a release clause to his name, which was 'rumored' to be true. These things are meant to be known, that's how transfers work, why get upset at Arsenal for trying to use that knowledge?

2) 40m + 1 'disrespectful' bid

Arsenal were clearly working as per the info of the agent of Suarez, you might say it was foolish to blindly assume that it was true but how is it disrespectful I can't understand. As per Arsenal, Suarez had a clause where he should have been sold with a bid of 40m+, so we bid the lowest amount which would trigger that clause as any smart person should(assuming the knowledge is trustworthy). Why should Arsenal just give another club a few more millions just to be nice? If Arsenal would have been told that Suarez has a release clause of exactly 40m, then we would have bid exactly that, would that have been disrespectful too? You can call Arsenal naive/stupid but they didn't had any maliciousness to the offer. Why would a club jeopardize a deal like that because anyone can see that if the clause doesn't work then the other club would get pissed off with that extra pound.

Also, it's ironic how Liverpool is getting angry at Arsenal for being frugal with their money after the deals they have done in recent seasons(Carroll, Henderson, Downing). You just basically threw away money & that's a major reason why you are where you are right now. So maybe Liverpool is not the right club to tell others how someone else should bid.

And btw PFA chief has confirmed that Suarez did have a clause where Liverpool should start negotiating with a club 'in good faith' if a bid of over 40m is made, so it's not as if the clause story is completely made up, just that either Suarez camp intentionally/unintentionally misunderstood it. Though if you look at it, you guys have kind of broken that clause too because you have refused to negotiate with the bidder.

But anyways the main point is that Liverpool has unnecessarily tried to paint Arsenal as the villain of the story just to look strong in front of their fanbase & trying to sideline the fact that your best player wants to leave because he is unhappy at the club.

Im happy our owner is a classless twat rather than a secret agent for a rival club who literally gift wrapped a league title last season

Bidding based on a tabloid rumor is as if you are playing football manager or Fifa career mode. Its the bid that has pissed John Henry. Also when Barca bid less for Fabregas it is extremely disrespectful but when you guys bid 50% of a players value then it is fine

Great Logic there

You are talking as if your club hasn't sold a player to a rival in the same league. Have you forgotten Torres to Chelsea? You had nothing to do with the fact that Torres's form dropped so badly & he became a shadow of a player after the transfer.

Also valuing Suarez at 80m :roflroll:

Now THAT is the height of delusion! :rofl:

Also how classy your club & players are. Raheem Sterling arrested for assaulting his girlfriend - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/index.html Such a classy club!!

You are talking as if your club hasn't sold a player to a rival in the same league. Have you forgotten Torres to Chelsea? You had nothing to do with the fact that Torres's form dropped so badly & he became a shadow of a player after the transfer.

Also valuing Suarez at 80m :roflroll:

Now THAT is the height of delusion! :rofl:

Also how classy your club & players are. Raheem Sterling arrested for assaulting his girlfriend - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/index.html Such a classy club!!

Check what was Arsenals opening bid for Suarez

We sold to Chelsea for this reason, Torres wanted to leave-we quoted price and they matched. They did business the right way.

Talk about class?

We have synonym for class in Gerrard. He has more class than all your players combined

Valencia was disturbingly poor last season but nani was injured for most of the season last year

Fellaini and Baines (<3).

Yeah. Valencia's poor performance last year after his excellent 2011-12 season was just bad. It would've been great if Nani wasn't injured, and if he could've impressed last season. Oh well. Looks like Zaha is performing well.

Guys, I'm not doubting Moyes from footballing tactics point of view, my comments are purely based on how he is handling the Rooney scenario or how he is not able to attract any top players.

What do you mean he hasn't been able to attract any top players? Did a few players turn down offers from United this summer? :unsure:

Yeah. Valencia's poor performance last year after his excellent 2011-12 season was just bad. It would've been great if Nani wasn't injured, and if he could've impressed last season. Oh well. Looks like Zaha is performing well.

What do you mean he hasn't been able to attract any top players? Did a few players turn down offers from United this summer? :unsure:

Thiago and Fabregas

But even last year Hazard and Lucas turned down United, I doubt Moyes is at fault

Thiago and Fabregas

But even last year Hazard and Lucas turned down United, I doubt Moyes is at fault

Yeah. Weren't those more because United didn't bid high enough (if they did), and not because the player refused to move?

Hazard would've been a nice buy. :(

Yeah. Weren't those more because United didn't bid high enough (if they did), and not because the player refused to move?

Hazard would've been a nice buy. :(

Still they did turn down United. This time as well similar thing is happening and people are just blaming Moyes

Thiago and Fabregas

United never contacted barca about Thiago. Its barca who stopped the advances of united in fabregas deal.

United have failed with many big names during fergie days too. Ronaldinho, batistuta, benzema, hazard, lucas, shearer, gazza are few of the big names that snubbed fergie and united.

Its just that fans are not ready to give moyes time. Still 22 days to go and all we need is a DM a utility player that can play various positions in midfield and a certain shrek playing like he played 2 years before.

:doh:

Try to understand what I am saying. Don't just look at one half of the sentence.

I am saying he is not able to attract top players right now and he is not able to keep players like Rooney happy...both combined...recipe for disaster.

Check what was Arsenals opening bid for Suarez

We sold to Chelsea for this reason, Torres wanted to leave-we quoted price and they matched. They did business the right way.

Talk about class?

We have synonym for class in Gerrard. He has more class than all your players combined

It was 35m.. So do you rate Suarez at 70m???

We might not have someone like Gerrard right now, doesn't mean we didn't have someone like him in the past. Also Wilshere could be like him in the future but it's not his/my mistake that he's 10+ years younger than Gerrard.

Also if you are willing to sell at right price then there is no 'we will not sell to rivals' bollocks, na? Why then be proud of your owner making such statements when you know he doesnt even mean it?

It's funny how Liverpool fans have the cheek to call themselves a big club when they can't even succeed in signing a player from Atletico Madrid. You don't lack time to replace Suarez, you can't even replace him with someone with half of his ability right now lol.

And btw someone should tell Phil Thompson that Arsenal is playing a CL qualification match in 2 weeks, as for Liverpool, well it might take a while.......................................

Try to understand what I am saying. Don't just look at one half of the sentence.

I am saying he is not able to attract top players right now and he is not able to keep players like Rooney happy...both combined...recipe for disaster.

:good: I understand what you were saying in general with that post. I just wanted to understand better, what you meant by the bolded part of your post.

:doh:

Considering fergie not being able to keep Rooney happy in last 3-4 years .. how do you expect moyes to get him on track in a month. I lost all my respect for rooney and ill never put his name besides the likes of scholes, keane, giggs and cantona.

I wouldnt mind one bit if we sell him as long as we get a good replacement first. But considering how costly strikers were this summer, am praying that rooney gets to his senses quick.

@hope, if all those players left arsenal for the title,would Suarez join arsenal just for the virtual 4th spot title ? :lol:

He'd rather go back to the eredevise :P

Bhai someone should be interested in buying him also.Nobody is only arsenal is.So better he joins arsenal and play CL football rather than hoping for some other teams bid :)

Also Mourinhios face when real scored the 3rd goal :rofl: :rofl: