The Football Thread

Xeno

Seriously ratul??

Even I'm a United fan but these are disgusting.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Dude just found them funny so posted it here. Redcafe does this to you. :P

Apologies if someone was offended, I just have a f**ked up sense of humour. Someone should actually read the sh*t them Liverpool fans post on RAWK about United so I personally didn't find it obnoxious or offensive

Edited by AngerSmash

With all jokes aside, here we have a team who just needed a draw to secure themselves for the title. If the same team couldn't amend their tactics to let Chelsea commit an error or whatever it would have been to exploit or just slog it out... FOR THE freakin' TITLE, then what was so brilliant that Brendon & co. even tried to even claim that they deserved to win? Walk out on the pitch? Tsk tsk tsk... Wasn't it so easy if Chelsea wanted to waste time, sit deep with no fire power of Hazard, Oscar, Eto'o & lacking the castled gates of Terry, Cahill & Cech? All you pool fans have the answer... Honestly, none of us had much hope & even after the win no Chelsea fan here has anything against any of you.. Seriously.. Its just some of your bewildering comments & thoughts which are just asking for it!

There is nothing braver than admitting that your team f**ked up & the opposite one got it spot on. Realistically, the only thing we get out of this is a massive injection of confidence boost ahead of our UCL.

Y'all could still win the PL & forget this hiccup... But if Liverpool doesn't win it, then do not forget that your team lacked the brain to seal it! Period

• Like 1

Love all the genius talk in here. When Italian teams did it for decades, it was negative. When Mourinho does it, it's genius. Got to love the British media.

Been reading Pirlo's bio & he feels the same. For him good defense >>>>>>>>great attack. I

t's quite an interesting read, you guys should give it a go :)

then what was so brilliant that Brendon & co. even tried to even claim that they deserved to win?

I can't recall him saying that after the match. Can you please post a link or something to back up this claim?

Wasn't it so easy if Chelsea wanted to waste time, sit deep with no fire power of Hazard, Oscar, Eto'o & lacking the castled gates of Terry, Cahill & Cech? All you pool fans have the answer...

Easy? Ok let me get this straight. A team plays with a diamond, which basically means that its main threat is from the middle. Now when you put two DM against that setup, the other team will obviously struggle. Not to mention the two wingers, Schurrle & Salah spending most of their time tracking back, which effectively made it a back 8 at the time.

Let me paraphrase my case with an example. Chelsea vs West ham earlier in Jan. Chelsea with a fully fit squad with the 'firepower' of Hazard, oscar & Eto'o & the castled gates of Terry Cahill & Cech, up against West Ham at home. What happened? Nothing which was any different from this game, but just that crucial one thing, the mistake from Stevie. And it all came down on that, just that one mistake in the end.

That game had Maureen throwing his toys out of his pram after the match, calling west ham style '19th century football' (how Ironic). My point? it can happen when you come up against those kind of tactics.

Chelsea too with their uber multiple title winner manager with his odious self indulgent mannerisms, & with a squad accumulated after spending FREAKING GAZILLIONS couldn't break a lowly West ham, was it easy?

I'll agree that it was ultimately on us for not breaking down Chelsea as I alluded in a post earlier and that we have to evolve in some aspects still (with new players), but an easy task it was certainly not because of the formation and virtually no space behind the backline.

Edited by LeonardoInventions

Too long? Skip to 5:15 and watch for the next 3-4 mins.

The bolded is part is what I'd say too. Chelsea/Maureen did what they are good at and I was fully expecting them go with that gameplan.

What I also expected was to bludgeon them with our attack because we were at home and we have blitzed teams before. It still part of a learning curve for us because next season more & more teams will play like that against us & we have to counter it, we have done it a few times this season but there is still scope for improvement.

I've watched it before. My reply was in response to his notion that it was something that should've been a cakewalk for us or for anyone for that matter, or something which we have a considerable experience of doing so. Neville says something similar too there as well along the lines of it being very very difficult to break down this kind of setup. Also he said the very same thing which I said in my post after the match, too many long shots & crosses which shouldn't have happened & isn't our game.

Also I wouldn't necessarily class our performance as "f**ked up". Its not as if we were losing the midfield battles, or the opposition was making off the ball runs that we couldn't fathom. BR's tactics were alright. You could say that after the mistake (& maybe before) some of the execution was short of what was expected, but the whole setup nah.

Edited by LeonardoInventions

Best part of all this is, a certain Man U fan celebrating the highest point of the season, and his team weren't even part of the game. :doh:

The same happened 2 years ago whem city won the league of GD and all the liverpool fans wer celebrating like they hav won the ucl.. so stop blaming others

• Like 3