The Football Thread

Xeno

Great fight by Liverpool this season. People say this is the closest we have come in more than 20 years but I feel we had as good a chance of winning the league in the 08-09 season as well. This season has helped bring a sense of pride back to Anfield and it is a ground where winning games will become much more tougher for the visitors. I just hope we can continue on the good work. After the 08-09 season, we had the feeling that we would become regular title contenders but we just slipped in to the abyss and have returned after 4 seasons. Let's hope this time we are here to stay among the top places.

Congratulations to Manchester City. They have a great squad and have performed exceptionally well to win the league this season. It is not fully confirmed yet but I don't expect them to slip up as mentioned in my post before.

Edited by Chief

Great fight by Liverpool this season. People say this is the closest we have come in more than 20 years but I feel we had as good a chance of winning the league in the 08-09 season as well. This season has helped bring a sense of pride back to Anfield and it is a ground where winning games will become much more tougher for the visitors. I just hope we can continue on the good work. After the 08-09 season, we had the feeling that we would become regular title contenders but we just slipped in to the abyss and have returned after 4 seasons. Let's hope this time we are here to stay among the top places.

Ah the 08-09, the season of teh home draws.

The biggest difference this season (maybe for the first time in a while) is that everyone is settled here and there are no seeds of discontent ala Xabi-Rafa & Mascherano having his head turned by Barca. And yes the owners, who atleast we can trust more than the two clowns to spend money on quality and on proper targets, what with extra monies coming via CL & higher finish. The squad looks really like a team due to a massive job by BR.

Aye can't see where Man City would slip up now, but wouldn't it be an incredible story if Downing & Carroll did it on the final day :O

Your team loses to Sunderland at home, and still you talk about Liverpool? Let that sense of failure sink in a little.

Coz before the everton game many pool supporters wer happy that united lost again.. :( so its very entertaining to enjoy the banter now that v hav got a chance :P

Wont Barca win on H2H if they win their remaining games?

Hey hey now, dont underestimate the tactical masterclass by Neil Adams :wink2:

No.. they will win only if real madrid lose 1 of their games.. and athletico madrid can still win if they beat barcelona at camp nou

sh*t... :( real madrid drew :( :(

f**king play casillas already :doh:

Ronaldo saved the day. Amazing goal.

We need to win all and Barca need to beat atheltico now, for real to win the league. If real slips again and barca beat athletico, then barca wins the league. If athletico wins against malaga and draws or wins against barca, athletico wins.

It gonna go down to last match.

Edited by pArth