The Football Thread

Xeno

Yeah, we all know what van Persie's record was when he was Welbeck's age.... :giggle:

Welbeck might be a success ... he chose first team football ... :clapping:

FYI van Persie was winger and he then started to play as a striker and he was in transition during those [welbeck] years ...

and of-course he wasn't good because, till henry was there they passed the ball to him and danced around him ... :lol:

arsenal has become far better now ...

and really you compared welbeck with van Persie ... :suicide:

Nope.... Not saying Welbeck is a world class player yet. I'm just comparing van Persie and Welbeck based on LVG's statement.

Falcao is a world-class striker. Period.

Yeah even I was making that point. We already have three world class strikers and he hasn't reached their level.

So yeah right now he can't match their numbers. No one knows what will happen in the future so there is nothing wrong with LVG's statement.

van gaal : welbeck doesnt have the record of rooney and van persie so we let him go :wallbash::loco:

how can you just pick a line from his statement and start arguing ?

here is the full statement ...

"I have given all the players a chance to convince me of their qualities. Danny Welbeck was here when he was nine.

"He played here for three seasons after Sunderland, but he doesn’t have the record of Van Persie or Rooney and that is the standard. That is why we let him go, because of Falcao, but also the youngsters who can fit in."

They even allowed Hernandez join on Loan ... James Wilson will be given more chances to prove ...

• Like 1

Interesting ... :fulltite:

Hope he switches to 4-3-3 ... :fear:

don't tell me you can't see the problem here? There's a huuuuuge hole in the midfield where a CDM would be there for other teams.

Please don't tell me Herrerra is the CDM because he's not.

Also, see the right midfield. Valencia will be far up the field trying to cross into the box.

And the right of the defense has to be manned by Evans and Jones? Even a half decent pacey player like Agbonlahor, or Rodriguez will run circles around them.

With the forward passing around the corner, like Giroud does so well, that defense will get ripped apart time and again. Rojo will have his hands full covering for the other two.

No bias against Man Utd here, but it's so obvious that this team so vulnerable against the counter.

don't tell me you can't see the problem here? There's a huuuuuge hole in the midfield where a CDM would be there for other teams.

Please don't tell me Herrerra is the CDM because he's not.

Also, see the right midfield. Valencia will be far up the field trying to cross into the box.

And the right of the defense has to be manned by Evans and Jones? Even a half decent pacey player like Agbonlahor, or Rodriguez will run circles around them.

With the forward passing around the corner, like Giroud does so well, that defense will get ripped apart time and again. Rojo will have his hands full covering for the other two.

No bias against Man Utd here, but it's so obvious that this team so vulnerable against the counter.

hopefully Blind can play as CDM ...