The Football Thread

Xeno

What!? Lucas is injured too!? How the hell! I have highest hopes on this guy and I honestly think he'll become the Ljungberg of the team. I hate the fact everytime he has hit form, he has some injuries. Hope its not more than a week at most!

AFAIK he has an ankle injury and could be out for a couple weeks.

As bizarre as it sounds, the only other team I fully followed last season was Depor. It was because I follow a very sensible Arsenal fan who is local to Depor and kept posting their progress and stories. Actually a decent side to watch. And Lucas always caught the eye, always. The transfer happening had me feeling so many things, all positive. Hopefully it comes to fruition (despite his age and wandering habits) and we don't waste him like Joel.

And this is what I enjoy about Arsenal now. I do not bother with trophy progress and sometimes even the result, the mentality is absolutely gone for some reason sadly, but to watch the squad play to their strengths. I especially was excited for Lucas, Bellerin, Iwobi, Cazorla, Alexis, Jeff, Willock and Welbeck. They all hopefully have a good part in the latter half of the season. Hope Willock, AMN and Jeff play tomorrow if fit. And Bennacer if eligible.

AMN?

Didn't catch the game due to TLG but by looking at the scoreline and the team, its another woefull performance. Cant beat preston convincingly even :doh:

Oh come on! Dont be such a negative nancy. We won didnt we? Yes there are significant problems in defense that needs work. But we rested key players and had some major injuries and won despite the same. Cant complain all the time. Look at the positives.

Perez was wonderful. Giroud notched yet another goal. Welback got some game-time. And we realised how sh*t Maitland Niles is so that we never have to play him again. Lot of postives for sure. The only disappointment is the team had to sweat it out.

Oh come on! Dont be such a negative nancy. We won didnt we? Yes there are significant problems in defense that needs work. But we rested key players and had some major injuries and won despite the same. Cant complain all the time. Look at the positives.

Perez was wonderful. Giroud notched yet another goal. Welback got some game-time. And we realised how sh*t Maitland Niles is so that we never have to play him again. Lot of postives for sure. The only disappointment is the team had to sweat it out.

Read Wengers Post Match comments. He said the same. We got away again today this time with a win but you cannot play like this everytime and come from behind. We must start games better.

Read Wengers Post Match comments. He said the same. We got away again today this time with a win but you cannot play like this everytime and come from behind. We must start games better.

We've been starting games brilliantly this season (most of it atleast). IF you expect us to thrash everyone that's not Man United or Chelsea, all the time, then you are sadly mistaken and havent understood football. Especially cup football, which is famous for giant kills.

We've been starting games brilliantly this season (most of it atleast). IF you expect us to thrash everyone that's not Man United or Chelsea, all the time, then you are sadly mistaken and havent understood football. Especially cup football, which is famous for giant kills.

I am just saying a pattern is building up since last few ganes which is not a good thing and we have played not great teams. Also the team we put out should have commanded the game. It was not a kids eleven.

Anyways swansea game is a must win now. Ozil will be back next game. Lucas should be starting every game. He has earned it. Monreal has been pretty average. Lucky for him Gibbs is Injured. He needs to buckup.

I am just saying a pattern is building up since last few ganes which is not a good thing and we have played not great teams. Also the team we put out should have commanded the game. It was not a kids eleven.

Anyways swansea game is a must win now. Ozil will be back next game. Lucas should be starting every game. He has earned it. Monreal has been pretty average. Lucky for him Gibbs is Injured. He needs to buckup.

I agree with the first part. Last few seasons, that's how our rough patches have been/started. Hopefully we get over this ASAP, especially since we have most of our attack back now.

Sad to see Monreal lose his sh*t, not even sure what's up. Get us Rodriguez you bastards. Swansea is always a nervous game, for absolutely no reason we bottle it too.

It's definitely a wake up call. And its best to have a wake-up call this way, than losing and crashing out of the cup to Preston. Hopefully, the team reacts positively and starts playing well early again. Imo, Sancehz as a striker makes us much more intiimidating and better as team. Giroud might be scoring goals and winning games, but Sanchez gives us more opportunities to score.