Humidity: 93%

Wind: 9km/h

Referee: Felix Brych (GER)

• Klopp: "These are very special moments"
  • Di Francesco: "Anfield is incredible"
  • Salah left Roma for Liverpool last summer
  • Reds beat Roma on pens in 1984 European Cup final
  • Liverpool aiming for sixth European Cup triumph

• Jürgen Klopp: Mo [Salah] had a fantastic time at Roma, but he will realise pretty quickly that they are no longer his team-mates. We both have the chance to go to the final and that's all I need. It's possible – let's try everything to do it. For Roma, it's a special thing to be in a semi-final, as it is for us. These are very special moments, and if you can't enjoy them there's something wrong with you.
  • Eusebio di Francesco: Anfield is incredible. The beauty of English stadiums is amazing. In Italy we're not used to having the fans behind us in this way. Liverpool will have the fans on their side, but our away fans will support us. We need to play as a team more than ever. Liverpool are different to Barcelona in terms of pace and we need to play well to win. We want to make the most of Liverpool's possible weaknesses.

Pre-Match stats:

• This is the sixth European meeting between Liverpool and Roma and the first since March 2002. Of the previous five, Liverpool have won two, with two draws and one Roma win.
  • Liverpool are yet to lose to Roma in the European Cup/Champions League in three meetings (W1 D2), with one of those draws in the 1984 final, which Liverpool won 4-2 on penalties in the Stadio Olimpico.
  • This is Liverpool's 10th appearance in the semi-final of the European Cup/Champions League - they've progressed to the final on seven of the previous nine occasions, losing only in 1964-65 against Inter Milan and in 2007-08 against Chelsea.
  • Roma are appearing in their first European semi-final for 27 years, when they faced Brondby in the Uefa Cup in 1990-91. Their only previous European Cup/Champions League semi-final was in 1983-84, when they eliminated Dundee United to face Liverpool in the final.
  • Liverpool have not won the first leg of a European semi-final in any of their past seven attempts (D3 L4), since a 4-0 win over Panathinaikos in the European Cup in 1984-85.
  • The Reds have scored 33 goals in this season's competition, the most by an English team in a single Champions League campaign.
  • Roma have won just one of their past 14 away Champions League games (D5 L8), a 2-1 win at Qarabag earlier this season.
  • The Yellow and Reds have also won just one of their 19 European away matches in England (D7 L11), although that win was at Anfield in February 2001 in the Uefa Cup - current manager Eusebio di Francesco was an unused sub in that game.
  • Two of the three players to have had a hand in at least 10 goals in the Champions League this season are Liverpool players - Roberto Firmino (8 goals and 4 assists) and Mohamed Salah (8 goals and 2 assists).
  • Edin Dzeko has been involved in six of Roma's past eight away Champions League goals (5 goals, 1 assist). The Bosnian has scored two goals in his past three starts at Anfield against Liverpool (both for Man City in January 2012 and March 2015).
  • Mohamed Salah has scored in each of his past four Champions League starts for Liverpool - the only Reds player to score in five consecutively was Steven Gerrard between October 2007 and February 2008.
  • Roma are without a clean sheet in their last 26 away Champions League matches; the second longest run in the competition's history behind only Celtic, who went 30 away matches without one between 2001 and 2016.

l.png

All Liverpool have to do is win or draw in Rome. Why go with a defensive mindset of wanting to defend a 3 goal lead? Liverpool should try to score and there will be many opportunities on the counter. Only one team has managed to keep a clean sheet against Liverpool this season, and that was Porto in the QF 2nd leg after a 5-0 loss in the first.

All Liverpool have to do is win or draw in Rome. Why go with a defensive mindset of wanting to defend a 3 goal lead? Liverpool should try to score and there will be many opportunities on the counter. Only one team has managed to keep a clean sheet against Liverpool this season, and that was Porto in the QF 2nd leg after a 5-0 loss in the first.
Yep, they've been playing mostly with an attacking mindset, under Klopp, especially with this forward trio. Don't see them trying to park the bus. Will probably go in all guns blazing again.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Liverpool started against Man City with a mindset to sit on a 3 goal lead (maybe that freak early goal caused that, and Man City were giving no space at all). In the 2nd half they played normal football and created so many chances without any significant threat of conceding. Forget about this 5-2 win here and go there with a mindset to win. Rome will be desperate to score and Liverpool can use it to their advantage.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE - SEMI-FINALS #2 - 1ST LEG

DaqKndrX4AASYhh.jpg

Venue: Allianz Arena (Capacity: 75,000)

Timing: - 19:45

MATCH SUMMARY

• Heynckes: "I have a good feeling"
  • Alaba and Tolisso injuries to be assessed
  • Zidane's men eyeing third straight UCL trophy
  • 25th meeting: most-played UEFA competition tie
  • Madrid beat Bayern in 2016/17 quarter-finals

DbjfCDXW4AAoexI.jpg

13 Unbeaten! ? Jupp's Champions League record of late is quite something. ?

DbfSaJjW0AEyIPv.jpg

MANAGER'S COMMENTS

• Jupp Heynckes - For me, there are no favourites, but I have a good feeling. Even a 36-year-old needs words of guidance, praise, encouragement. We have a fantastic atmosphere and team spirit. Only with that can you be successful, which is why I'm optimistic. Determination can move mountains! I haven't changed my leadership style ... We have players with different personalities and characters in the squad. I think one of my biggest strengths is my experience in man managing those players.
  • Zinedine Zidane - I don’t think there are any favourites. It’s a semi-final – it’s completely different to last season. It’s a different match, we can’t compare the two. I have huge respect for what Jupp Heynckes has achieved at Bayern and Real Madrid. I can only repay the compliments to him. We will need a big performance against a strong opponent. Bayern is a great club with great team spirit.

MATCH FACTS

• Bayern Munich and Real Madrid will meet for the 25th time in the European Cup/Champions League - it is already a record for the most common fixture in the tournament. Each side has won 11 of their meetings.
  • This will be the third time since 2011-12 that Bayern Munich and Real Madrid have faced each other in the Champions League semi-finals, with the Germans progressing in 2011-12 and the Spaniards in 2013-14.
  • Bayern Munich have lost each of their last five games against Real Madrid in the Champions League, with all five of those coming in the knockout rounds (three in the semi-finals and two in the quarter-finals).
  • Bayern's run of five consecutive Champions League defeats against Los Blancos is their worst losing run against an opponent in competition history.
  • Jupp Heynckes has won 14 of his 16 home games at the Allianz Arena in the Champions League (D1 L1), with Bayern scoring 48 goals and conceding just 10 in return.
  • Of managers to have taken charge of at least 20 games in the Champions League, this match features two of the top three managers in terms of win percentage - Jupp Heynckes (71%) and Zinedine Zidane (67%). Only Luis Enrique (73%) has a higher win ratio in the competition.
  • Cristiano Ronaldo has netted at least one goal in each of his last 11 games in the Champions League (17 in total); the longest scoring streak in competition history.
  • The 33-year-old has scored nine goals against Bayern Munich in the Champions League - the only player to have netted more goals against a single opponent in the competition is Ronaldo himself, scoring 10 v Juventus.
  • This game will feature the two top scorers in Champions League semi-finals history - Cristiano Ronaldo has netted 13 goals at this stage, while Robert Lewandowski has scored six times.

INJURED

• Bayern: Alaba, Vidal, Neuer, Tolisso
  • Madrid: 

LINE-UP

SOON

giphy.gif

Mia San Mia aNbSH4C.png