The Football Thread

Xeno

First, the bad news:

Not sure I'm entirely happy to see him go. But, let's see...

------------------------

And then news about a new German GK we've signed from Bayer Leverkusen:

All about him, in the following video:

Ospina will make way, I think.

• Like 1

Wilshere's statement:

“Such was my desire to stay that I had in fact recently agreed to sign a financially reduced contract in order to commit my future to the club", said Wilshere in a statement on social media. “However, following my meeting with the new manager I was made aware that, although the reduced contract offer remained, it was made clear to me that my playing time would be significantly reduced should I decide to stay.

“I am sure everyone can understand that at this point in my life and career I need to be playing regular first team football and following my meeting with Mr Emery I came away feeling that it would be very difficult for me to do so at Arsenal. Given this, I feel I have no option but to pursue other opportunities in order to progress my career on the pitch.”

“I’m feeling fit, sharp and strong and will be working tirelessly to ensure I am in peak condition ahead of the new season,” he continued. “I’ll now be taking the time necessary to consider my options before deciding on the next stage of my career. I would like to place on record my respect for Mr Emery and my appreciation for his honesty and candor [sic], and I wish him, the team and the club all the very best for the future.”

Unless Emery wants to get someone significantly good to replace him, I don't like this at all.

I appreciate the fact that Emery was honest with him about his plans, but as a fan, I'm curious to know who Wilshere's replacement is.

Will surely miss seeing him in an Arsenal jersey. :cry::cry:

Wilshere was a good player on his day but has just been riddled with injuries. Another what could have been superstar. 

Leno was good at Leverkusen. Had a couple mishaps with NT but good at the club. 

Leverkusen made a good business. Sold Leno and got Hrádecký for free. 

I am not happy seeing Wilshere go, he has been with us for so long :(

On the flip side, looking forward to see as to who comes in as his replacement :bounce:

Edited by L33TWiZaRd

On 6/6/2018 at 5:16 PM, Rashmeet said:

Can prove to be a fantastic impact sub. Out and out winger, something germany should really have had on board. Also should have taken Wagner over Werner, the latter has been struggling for form whole season.

+1 for Brandt shoutout. Lovely little player, lets see where he moves. 

@Joe Cool  :naughty: 

5 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Also, usual Ronaldo moving out of Madrid have started.

Yeah. I saw something yesterday linking him to Juventus with Juventus apparently ready to pay €100,000,000.

Also, Neymar to RM rumours have picked up the pace too.

Meh! As always, I'll wait for the official channels to confirm things. Hate digging through rumours.

And apparently, Juve wants to present Ronaldo on Saturday.

CR7 presented at the Allianz Stadium on 7/7 at 7 o'clock with the number 7 on his jersey after Juve won his 7th straight scudetto! :panic: 

Edited by Heaven Angel

Agresti - Juventus has a total agreement with Cristiano Ronaldo: 30 million for 4 years. The green light from Florentino Perez is expected to close the operation.

Nearly €400m deal in total.