The Football Thread

Xeno

Disgraceful performance in that match overall. We just couldn't get a grip of the game.

Defense is atrocious, still. No creativity in the midfield. Barely any chances created. Any chances created were not taken. Why in the world did Martinelli not start is beyond me.

Credit to Olympiakos. They played well and kept pushing.

4th/5th place is only possible if other teams drop points, which is always a bad thing to bank upon. Winning Europa was the only way to guarantee CL next year so that some of the big names stay. But, it seems all over now. If other teams don't drop points, we might not even play European football at all next year. These are tough times for our club.

In a way, that's fine, I guess. Yes, reputation and finances take a hit by not playing in Europe. But if we just take a season where we have only the league to focus on (lesser matches), I hope we can make sure we utilise that time to just get a few things like our playing style, fitness, mentality, etc. right.

I don't know. I'm sad is all. What hurts more is the performance. We were playing exactly like we wanted to justify our position on the league table.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2020 at 3:57 PM, VelivolusDas said:

Disgraceful performance in that match overall. We just couldn't get a grip of the game.

Defense is atrocious, still. No creativity in the midfield. Barely any chances created. Any chances created were not taken. Why in the world did Martinelli not start is beyond me.

Credit to Olympiakos. They played well and kept pushing.

4th/5th place is only possible if other teams drop points, which is always a bad thing to bank upon. Winning Europa was the only way to guarantee CL next year so that some of the big names stay. But, it seems all over now. If other teams don't drop points, we might not even play European football at all next year. These are tough times for our club.

In a way, that's fine, I guess. Yes, reputation and finances take a hit by not playing in Europe. But if we just take a season where we have only the league to focus on (lesser matches), I hope we can make sure we utilise that time to just get a few things like our playing style, fitness, mentality, etc. right.

I don't know. I'm sad is all. What hurts more is the performance. We were playing exactly like we wanted to justify our position on the league table.

Heres what happened: 

Although arteta started a strong side but we were too complacent. You could see that. Auba was non existant in 1st half,ozil misplacing passes. I dont remember ozil misplacing so many passes in a single game and Pepe the idiot who did 5 good things and ruined them all by doing 20 idiotic things.

2nd half, apart from Auba n ozil nobody did anything. Martinelli sub was so late. Pepe should not have played after 75 mins. 

I want to slap pepe so hard. Idiot of a footballer. 

3 hours ago, hope said:

Heres what happened: 

Although arteta started a strong side but we were too complacent. You could see that. Auba was non existant in 1st half,ozil misplacing passes. I dont remember ozil misplacing so many passes in a single game and Pepe the idiot who did 5 good things and ruined them all by doing 20 idiotic things.

2nd half, apart from Auba n ozil nobody did anything. Martinelli sub was so late. Pepe should not have played after 75 mins. 

I want to slap pepe so hard. Idiot of a footballer. 

Mankinds new Hope.......Poisonous Powah Bites June 11 2017....

9 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

NO LONGER INVINCIBLES :wOOtjumpy:

LOST TO WATFORD :rofl:

Yay 

8 hours ago, Keano said:

Mankinds new Hope.......Poisonous Powah Bites June 11 2017....

Huehue plastic United fan 

Wtf was that about Hoffenheim vs Bayern? The Bayern fans can't even grasp the idea of a billionaire buying a club and pumping money in the club? Are they still living in the 70s? And they themselves are the poachers of the league. 

2 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Wtf was that about Hoffenheim vs Bayern? The Bayern fans can't even grasp the idea of a billionaire buying a club and pumping money in the club? Are they still living in the 70s? And they themselves are the poachers of the league. 

It doesn't work like that in Germany... All clubs are 50+1 except RBL and everyone hates RBL (and Hoffenheim to an extent) because of it. Bayern hasn't poached anyone in years and has less transfers than other clubs as well. 

Arsene Wenger sold Oxlade Chamberlain to Liverpool to give away the ball that would end their unbeaten run

Arsene Wenger left Arsenal in the Europa League so Arsenal could face Rennes, where Ismaila Sarr played. So that Sarr could attract interest from Watford & bring him into the Premier League. For Sarr to then end Liverpools unbeaten run.  Lads, he’s only gone & done it again.

Twitter on roll :rofl: