The Football Thread

Xeno

I seriously don't think Liverpool are gonna stumble later on this season. This time they have enough fire power and a strong enough bench to win the Premier League.

Strong enough bench? I dont think so. Riera is good but he's not top 4 material, and Keane is too similar to Torres to significantly effect their title chances. Dossena is not good enough and Degen, lets not even go there :thumbsup: . I predict a 4th spot finish for El Pool.

I seriously don't think Liverpool are gonna stumble later on this season. This time they have enough fire power and a strong enough bench to win the Premier League.

liverFOOL's will end up in their fav spot in the table.... 4th!!!!! har har har bench or no bench

someone please tell me that some channel is showing the juve-real match live in india

no other game in the entire champions league group stage comes close to the magnitude of this match, so if they picked some sissy match including an EPL club over this, god help them....there will be blood :(

peace

Thats TEN Sports for you. If there's a good match on and it doesnt include United you can bet your horses it wont be on TV.

I cant wait tell their broadcasting rights finish at the end of this season.

Edited by saberwing

I dont want a start a whole club argument here ( actually i do , but the mods might ban me ) so I`ll let it go n just say this , Look at what Wengers faith in his kids has got him ... absolutely nothing .. and dont say unbeaten season , that was with people like Henry , Vieira , Bergkamp , Pires , Ljunberg , Campbell who were anything but young . Look , I dont like Arsenal but i respect them , I respect their youth policy and stable running of their club , I just hate it when Arsenal fans undermine United`s success by saying the only reason we succeed is cause we spent the money. We didnt start rich , Youth development , good buys , brilliant marketing all contributed to their success . I would take a Roy Keane at a world record 3.75mill anyday to 5-6 youngsters from which max 2-3 of might come good and none close to the legend that Keane was .

Okay got carried away , thats the last one , promise .

Anyone wanna play now

I dont want a start a whole club argument here ( actually i do , but the mods might ban me ) so I`ll let it go n just say this , Look at what Wengers faith in his kids has got him ... absolutely nothing .. and dont say unbeaten season , that was with people like Henry , Vieira , Bergkamp , Pires , Ljunberg , Campbell who were anything but young . Look , I dont like Arsenal but i respect them , I respect their youth policy and stable running of their club , I just hate it when Arsenal fans undermine United`s success by saying the only reason we succeed is cause we spent the money. We didnt start rich , Youth development , good buys , brilliant marketing all contributed to their success . I would take a Roy Keane at a world record 3.75mill anyday to 5-6 youngsters from which max 2-3 of might come good and none close to the legend that Keane was .

Anyone wanna play now

you are the one who started this and i wana finish it and get done with you coz its clearly offtopic,

wengers faith in his kids has gotten him nothing?....1.)reached the champions league final 2005-2006 season where we had senderos,eboue,fabregas,flamini playing with the first team 2.) 2006-2007 season reached the carling cup final in which the whole tournament was played using reserves and kids with the total team average age being 19 3.) 2007-2008 season arsenal with their kids who wenger has his faith on led the league table until the very end of march and after an injury struck period in which we lost top players like tomas rosicky,van persie,cesc fabregas,matheiu flamini,alex hleb,eduardo da silva all these players were absent from the team during the rest of the months to follow consequently and we also lost lassana diarra to portsmouth during the january transfer window and this led to our degrading performances and eventualy we came in at 3rd position in the league table being just 2 points behind chelsea who came second and 4 points behind manchester united who won the league.

well i cannot give you a review of the 2008-2009 season yet as its still going on and lets just wait and watch how the table stands at the end of the league.

and if you havent read my previous post well thats not my fault, i have never compared this current team to the invincibles or the unbeaten team and i mentioned the unbeaten season to remind you that there are arsenal fans who have witnessed such highs and even dissappointment during the transition era.

now coming to your point where you say you dont like it when arsenal fans undermine your clubs success reasoning that you succeeded coz you spent the money....a part of it is true as your club manager alex ferguson quite clearly spends exorbitant amounts of money to buy players during the transfer window and i dont blame him for doing that as every club manager has the right to spend money and add to his team if money is made available to him and so alex fergusons spending is justified.....arsenal on the other hand moved from a 38,000 capacity highbury stadium to the 60,500 capacity emirates stadium and we had to compromise with the stadium debt and also follow a very rigid wage structure because of which we lost matheiu flamini and almost lost emmanuel adebayor......with the operating cost and youth policy arsene wenger operates id like to see how alex ferguson would fare against arsene wenger if he had to operate under the same wage structure which includes re signing players and negotiating contracts and i feel assured that no manager would do what arsene wenger has done for arsenal and he is the reason behind our clubs global presence and the beautiful free flowing one touch football that our club plays.

every true arsenal fans should be proud of arsenal and its manager for they have witnessed something truly magnifique in watching arsenal grow over the age from one of the smallest sides in the premier league to one of the top clubs in the premier league as of now.

lastly to finish this debate.....you are accustomed to your opinion claiming youd rather have a record fee signing such as roy keane rather than have 5-6 young players out of which 2-3 might come good?....lol and not come close to roy keane?....lol lol you speak of him as if he was gods gift to the premier league.....id rather have a team with 11 cesc fabregas who play fair and respect the game of football rather than a so called legend roy keane.

i conclude my arguement and wont reply to anymore claims of superiority from a fan who clearly doesnt have his facts right.

:P ONCE A GUNNER, ALWAYS A GUNNER :P

my sinciere appologies to all the mods, i appologise for being stubborn and not sticking to the topic....it wont happen again sorry.

Anyone wanna play now

Kleberson, Djemba-Djemba, Forlan, Veron. Heck even Nani and Anderson at 17m, Berbatov at 30m. Good buys you said?

What has your youth academy produced in the last 6-7 years? Sweet fvck all.

I would take a Cesc Fabregas for 1 mill pound over Roy Keane.

Nobody's doubting Ferguson is a great manager but if he were on a spending budget even remotely close to Wenger's he wouldnt have won so much silverware, you can bet your house on that.

And just FYI, Madrid's average age is only 0.5 years more than Arsenal's so please dont play the young squad card.

Anyway, today was the record number of goals scored in one UCL night :P

in your dreams...and if a man u vs celtic match attracts more viewers than real vs juve...the football-watching public of india needs an education

peace

i know ur juventus fanboy but seriously how many guys watch laliga or seria a here, do we have live telecast of seria a here ,la liga rans very late at night do some research

Edited by babloos

all d football educated fans here on GI would know dat arsenal beat fenerbache cause luis aragones had asked his team to give arsene wenger a b'day present...in d form of a win.... :P :P (had we played manu or liver today wid dis sort of performance....i bet we would have lost 8-5.. :P )