The Football Thread

Xeno

A midfield of Xavi Iniesta Fabregas would get slapped and pwned all day. Who's going to provide defensive cover to that frail defense of yours? The spanish style of football requires a defensive mid player, look closely and youll find almost every team plays one such player.

So do Arsenal ;) Dennilson cant seem to provide any space for Fabregas to go forward..hopefully Diaby will help but he's not a DCM too, likes to attack more

, Fabregas is under contract under 2012 (correct me if Im wrong), he isnt going anywhere for ATLEAST another 2 years. I know he'll end up at barca, but id bet my money that it wont be before he turns 25.

till 2014...he is....and all d kids go forward so dat dey all know how to score....just dat wenger doesnt want a dedicated defensive midfield man..... ;)

So do Arsenal :first: Dennilson cant seem to provide any space for Fabregas to go forward..hopefully Diaby will help but he's not a DCM too, likes to attack more

Yeah, Denilson is tosh, atleast for the moment. And it affects play because it's making Fabregas defend more and curb his usual attacking instincts. Flamini is hugely missed imo, I just don't know why Song is not played in there.

I think arsene wenger will try to get a DCM in the january transfer window... there have been rumors of blaise matuidi coming to arsenal at the end of the season, but I would better like him to come in the next transfer window...

Gokhan inler would have been a good addition to arsenal squad, but I don't know why the deal was not finalised in the summer...

I hope arsenal gets back to winning ways...My heart was really broken after watching them get beaten by hull city...otherwise we would have been in a very strong position in the league...

I think arsene wenger will try to get a DCM in the january transfer window... there have been rumors of blaise matuidi coming to arsenal at the end of the season, but I would better like him to come in the next transfer window...

Gokhan inler would have been a good addition to arsenal squad, but I don't know why the deal was not finalised in the summer...

I hope arsenal gets back to winning ways...My heart was really broken after watching them get beaten by hull city...otherwise we would have been in a very strong position in the league...

denilson and diaby in d center(wait for a year or so...till dey have some chemistry between dem)....remember gilberto and viera. ;) ...and fabregas get d free role.... :first:

It's not about the next year, it's about this year...by the time we get diaby and denilson upto that level, we might not be having fabregas with us or rather I should say, would diaby and denilson be good enough for the likes of micheal essien or deco; micheal carrick; lucas leiva or mascherano... And it's not only DCM, they have better players than arsenal in many other postions...

I think if arsene wenger has the money then he should buy some good players rather than buying young players who have good potential but when their potential starts to show they move to another club(flamini)... the amount of money he saves by not buying experienced expensive players can be made by winning trophies after buying them so it's an even situation ...

It's not about the next year, it's about this year...by the time we get diaby and denilson upto that level, we might not be having fabregas with us or rather I should say, would diaby and denilson be good enough for the likes of micheal essien or deco; micheal carrick; lucas leiva or mascherano... And it's not only DCM, they have better players than arsenal in many other postions...

I think if arsene wenger has the money then he should buy some good players rather than buying young players who have good potential but when their potential starts to show they move to another club(flamini)... the amount of money he saves by not buying experienced expensive players can be made by winning trophies after buying them so it's an even situation ...

:eyebrow2: u must be following arsenal for d first season arent u?? :first:

The problem is that Denilson and Diaby are more in the Fabregas mould than the Flamini or Gilberto mould, Diaby would be wasted in the DM position and Denilson just can't cut it in that position for now. He'll be a good CM, but only in 2-3yrs time. The only real DM currently in the squad is Alex Song, but Wenger is insistent on only playing him in defence.

Damn, I think we will get Yaya toure from barca this Jan, Wenger is hell bent on getting him, and I really hope we do!!...coz all our make shift CM are not doing too well, losing to hull and drawing with Sunderland were horrible results, with lpool converting their draws into wins and manu regaining form, chelsea relentless like always............Arsenal really need to step it up,,,, somehow they dont seem to be motivated enough against small teams, and think they can win by just being there.,,

:eyebrow2: u must be following arsenal for d first season arent u?? :(

Yes, you are right, this is the first season when I am closely following arsenal... though I liked them since I started watching football, but this year they are like my home team...I really admire their style of play and I think it is better than all the other top 4 teams...

Yes, you are right, this is the first season when I am closely following arsenal... though I liked them since I started watching football, but this year they are like my home team...I really admire their style of play and I think it is better than all the other top 4 teams...

not only England, thro our Europe, you wont find a better footballing team, maybe Barca come close, but no one can touch Arsenal when they are in full flow, a good example would be the 10-15 mins this year against Bolton, after going down 1-0, it was a breath taking display of passing, movement, flair, simply brilliant!!

not only England, thro our Europe, you wont find a better footballing team, maybe Barca come close, but no one can touch Arsenal when they are in full flow, a good example would be the 10-15 mins this year against Bolton, after going down 1-0, it was a breath taking display of passing, movement, flair, simply brilliant!!

They were very good against Newcastle too, they won 3-0... But I can't seem to understand what happened against HULL CITY... I was thinking of a 5-0 win... But nevertheless these things happen in football but I hope they don't happen again in this season for arsenal...