The Football Thread

Xeno

4 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

Kinda funny, but it still feels good!

Due to wengers trust on that idiot Iwobi, we lost some really good players like Gnarby and Campbell <_<

Arteta doing the same with Nelson,willock and eddie who are simply not good enough for Arsenal. They should be loaned asap for some experience or they would become like Iwobi also. 

6 minutes ago, hope said:

Hes also useless,plays like hes already Ribery 

Yeah, I'm not sad to see AMN go, but I hope we have a replacement/plan in place.

He has played quite a lot of games for us this season. Even started in crucial matches. Just selling and not filling that void would not be the best decision.

I have a feeling we might sign someone then, for that position.

Let's see...

13 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

Yeah, I'm not sad to see AMN go, but I hope we have a replacement/plan in place.

He has played quite a lot of games for us this season. Even started in crucial matches. Just selling and not filling that void would not be the best decision.

I have a feeling we might sign someone then, for that position.

Let's see...

There’s also Cedric in that position to play. I don’t think we will sign a RB this season. If Partey deal goes through he can also cover RB spot in case of injuries. 

Also looking at the signings in the defence Arteta wants to play with a back 4. Luiz Saliba Magalhaes and Mari are going to be our CB options for this season.

Chambers Holding Sokartis will be sold if offers come in for these players.

" userid="5685"] There’s also Cedric in that position to play. I don’t think we will sign a RB this season. If Partey deal goes through he can also cover RB spot in case of injuries. 

Also looking at the signings in the defence Arteta wants to play with a back 4. Luiz Saliba Magalhaes and Mari are going to be our CB options for this season.

Chambers Holding Sokartis will be sold if offers come in for these players.
I doubt Saliba and Magalhaes will feature together right away but they're both promising. With Torreira looking to leave and Guendozi being locked out, I'm hoping we have some quality in the middle. Ceballos was crucial last season and getting him back would really solidify the team. I'm not too sure about Aouar or Thiago since both of them have preferred other clubs. Partey signing has been going back and forth so long, idk what the board thinks will happen with the haggling. He has a release clause that Arsenal can pay and sign. But the board be like....

c3e100d7582b65a03dc46d466463939f.jpg

I think Partey deal will definitely happen. If Torreira, Guendouzi are sold then we will definitely need some bodies in the midfield. We have been linked with Aouar, Thiago and Soumare. Let us see who we end up with.

PSG are rumored to be interested in Guendouzi and Torreira is attracting interest from Serie A and Sokartis is heavily linked with Napoli.

We will definitely need to sell some players now before even thinking of new additions.

11 minutes ago, goDofWar_skr said:

Chelsea look like they are playing FIFA career mode.. 
First Ziyech & Werner.. Now Havertz..
Poaching all the wonderkids :D

Good signings in the attacking front but Zouma, Silva, Azpi in the backline with Kepa in goal.

1 hour ago, Mr.Copyright© said:

I think Partey deal will definitely happen. If Torreira, Guendouzi are sold then we will definitely need some bodies in the midfield. We have been linked with Aouar, Thiago and Soumare. Let us see who we end up with.

PSG are rumored to be interested in Guendouzi and Torreira is attracting interest from Serie A and Sokartis is heavily linked with Napoli.

We will definitely need to sell some players now before even thinking of new additions.

Between Aouar and Thiago, I think Aouar is the better choice considering his age. Paying 29 mil for Thiago who has a year left in his contract makes no sense for a moneystrapped club like ours. There's also the possibility of Laca moving to Juve so the young boys like Martinelli and Nketiah can get more minutes this season. Even Bellerin is being linked with PSG and Guendozi could end up at Villarreal since Emery values him highly. Such a shame he can't keep his attitude in check. Sokratis wants to leave on a free so it's unlikely we see any money come in from there but Napoli also wants Mustafi so some revenue might come in (it'll still be a loss on what we paid for him, no doubt). Next 2 weeks is going to be a flurry or transfers no doubt. I'm just waiting for Auba to sign da ting.

16 hours ago, hope said:

Due to wengers trust on that idiot Iwobi, we lost some really good players like Gnarby and Campbell <_<

Arteta doing the same with Nelson,willock and eddie who are simply not good enough for Arsenal. They should be loaned asap for some experience or they would become like Iwobi also. 

Let's give the man a full season to see how he uses the academy boys. All 3 have shown quality in spurts and they're still young, so loaning them out next season is always a choice. But yeah, we'll never live down selling Gnabry for Iwobi's sake 

4 minutes ago, Mr.Copyright© said:

Good signings in the attacking front but Zouma, Silva, Azpi in the backline with Kepa in goal.

Ah yes I forgot Thiago Silva.. Signing contract ending good first team players :P
He will be good in the first season atleast.. He was strong against that Bayern attack in the finals

Hoping Aubameyang's contract extension is announced this week. There is no doubt he will be extending his stay at Arsenal.

Even if Sokartis moves for free his massive wages will be off the wage bill. Kolasinac is also linked with move back to Schalke. I hope we are able to get rid off all these players from our wage bill this summer.

7 minutes ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

Let's give the man a full season to see how he uses the academy boys. All 3 have shown quality in spurts and they're still young, so loaning them out next season is always a choice. But yeah, we'll never live down selling Gnabry for Iwobi's sake 

I don't think Wenger or Arsenal can be blamed for Gnabry's situation as he wanted to leave for first team action. Atleast we got 40m for Iwobi :giggle:

Bellerin, Soares, Mari, Saliba, Magalhaes*, Mustafi, Luiz, Sokratis, Kolasinac, Tierney (and out of position players like AMN and Saka) We have a whole team right there! It's ironic that we need to both strengthen our defense as well as cut down our back row at the same time.

" userid="5685"] I don't think Wenger or Arsenal can be blamed for Gnabry's situation as he wanted to leave for first team action. Atleast we got 40m for Iwobi :giggle:
Yeah ngl getting 40 mil for Iwobi was basically daylight robbery

Will be biggest mess up if Messi decides to terminate his contract. Tier 1 reporting. 

Messi is definitely leaving. Leaving for free looks doubtful but it's unlikely that they'll ask for 700m this season and risk losing him for free next season. I'm sure Man City and PSG are just waiting to pounce. Thing is, we might actually see an MSN reunion if the talks of Suarez to PSG also holds true. 2020 strikes again