The Football Thread

Xeno

7 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

Stop saying you need to understand and watch football.

And the majority of Arsenal fans think otherwise , so you are being stupid.

And I am talking about defensive responsibilities as a midfielder, no matter how good one is, he is a liability if he isn't efficient there.

Emery didn't play him, Arteta isn't playing him in crucial matches,

Why ? You pretend to know more than them ? Or they don't know either ?

Arsenal were very good in the cup games without him,

he never has had a decent away game vs top 4 in the premier league.

You are really stupid :doh:

Emery played him for first 6 months n were scoring goals n winning matches,he stopped playing him n we lost top4 fight. Who got the sack? 

In 2020, he was superb n then politics happened. Under Arteta, he was doing defensive resposibilities as well n arteta praised him as well. Again you need to understand football, mindless running is not how you play football. Hes a cam not Cdm :lol:

31 minutes ago, hope said:

You are really stupid :doh:

Emery played him for first 6 months n were scoring goals n winning matches,he stopped playing him n we lost top4 fight. Who got the sack? 

In 2020, he was superb n then politics happened. Under Arteta, he was doing defensive resposibilities as well n arteta praised him as well. Again you need to understand football, mindless running is not how you play football. Hes a cam not Cdm :lol:

Yes, you are the one who understands everything.

More than half of Arsenal fans are happy seeing Ozil on the bench.

No one would pay him that king of wages and hence Arsenal can't sell him either.

A cam doesn't press or doesn't tackle ?

You are deluded and a fanboy of Ozil.

A cam runs more than cdm.

Ozil is superb against mid-table teams and mostly at home.

Edited by GunnerY2J

15 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

Yes, you are the one who understands everything.

More than half of Arsenal fans are happy seeing Ozil on the bench.

No one would pay him that king of wages and hence Arsenal can't sell him either.

A cam doesn't press or doesn't tackle ?

You are deluded and a fanboy of Ozil.

A cam runs more than cdm.

Ozil is superb against mid-table teams and mostly at home.

When did i say cam has no resposibility? My last post i mentioned how arteta was happy with Ozils workrate.

Its not his problem that he is on those wages. Its the Board that is the problem.

Most arsenal fans are annoyed that 350k is wasted by not playing him. Freakn willock n co can play but not Ozil? When that happens, its politics. Not players problem. Player is ready to give 100%.

Ozil is still valuable if played but oh well. Even Pundits agree that he should be playing rather than doing nothing. 

34 minutes ago, hope said:

When did i say cam has no resposibility? My last post i mentioned how arteta was happy with Ozils workrate.

Its not his problem that he is on those wages. Its the Board that is the problem.

Most arsenal fans are annoyed that 350k is wasted by not playing him. Freakn willock n co can play but not Ozil? When that happens, its politics. Not players problem. Player is ready to give 100%.

Ozil is still valuable if played but oh well. Even Pundits agree that he should be playing rather than doing nothing. 

Again, more than half of English Pundits have been criticising Ozil from a long time.

You said he is not cdm, it's not his job to run.

When clearly a cam needs to run more than a CDM.

Edited by GunnerY2J

28 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

Other than saying you don't understand football, you should learn to just disagree.

You speak like you are some manager or pundit or ex player something. Are you ?

My likeness of midfielders is different from yours.

He's Mesut fan. What did you expect? :lol:

Still living in the past where traditional 10s were a big thing but these days they aren't or have to fight for starting XI spot. 

CMs have adapted further and provide both attacking and defending presence which number 10s lack. 

33 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Terrible on wings, doesn't trackback, can't play as CM in middle either. 

Yes, even in his early Arsenal years, Wenger played him on the left wing for sometime, 

And he struggled, yes he used to get assists and good balls here and there but his overall game has never been consistently upto the mark.

People blamed it on Wenger then for playing him on the wing but a great midfielder should be able to play left, right and centre.

Never seen him perform in top 6 away games  :

Only one match Arsenal have won away in close to a decade is man City 0-2 Arsenal - 14/15 and Ozil didn't feature in that. Arsenal were amazing in that game.

Remembered another away game where Arsenal won : vs spurs (13-14) - Ozil didn't feature in it either.

Arsenal should have offered a better contract to Ramsey rather than Ozil.

Edited by GunnerY2J

Looking to buy football shoes.

Can afford one pair.

These days, the trend has shifted to people paying to play on turfs made of artificial grass instead of the free grass grounds.

Sucks but I doubt that I'll be re joining the local club.

Should I buy turf shoes or regular studs ?

The regular ones should work on both, right ?

Although I felt with the local brand studs in artificial turf, it puts more pressure on your back ? 

Edited by GunnerY2J