The Football Thread

Xeno

Just now, GunnerY2J said:

^ tring to gain sympathy and taking a dig at Arsenal for not playing him.

Yes Yes Wow.

Its not his fault he is on this contract. He has every right to see his contract. 90% of our squad cant even do 1/4th what he can do on field yet mediocre sh*t like Eddie,Elneny,etc start ahead of him.

Our manager says he will give equal opportunity, well Fk arteta for the lies. He says he isnt evolving in training, well you know what how about improving Pepe,etc. He cant do that and speaking like BS.

What a gesture by Mesut and first comment is he is doing PR :wallbash: Seriously :doh:

And on another topic about his playing part, most of the squad 'together' is doing good without him.

It's not just about his playing ability but the combination, it is working well without Ozil,

again would say we are doing decent (if not good) in tough away games for the first time in many years which we never have even with peak Ozil.

1 hour ago, GunnerY2J said:

And on another topic about his playing part, most of the squad 'together' is doing good without him.

It's not just about his playing ability but the combination, it is working well without Ozil,

again would say we are doing decent (if not good) in tough away games for the first time in many years which we never have even with peak Ozil.

With him the combination was working pretty well before lockdown so no reason to drop him now suddenly.

We anyway lack creativity so him rather than sitting n earning for free, why not play him? 

It is totally stupid from our club.

48 minutes ago, hope said:

With him the combination was working pretty well before lockdown so no reason to drop him now suddenly.

We anyway lack creativity so him rather than sitting n earning for free, why not play him? 

It is totally stupid from our club.

Tell one tough away match when Arsenal won with Ozil starting ? 

I'll tell you the tough away matches Arsenal have won in EPL since Ozil joined - only two i can remember :

Man City vs Arsenal 14/15 

Tottenham vs Arsenal 13/14 

Ozil didn't even play in either : not just a coincidence.

(If i missed any, you can add)

And even this season we played great in the second half at Anfield (EPL) which we haven't in a long time : and how good was Ceballos in that game.

Ozil is great at home where Arsenal have more possession.

Edited by GunnerY2J

And Ozil can definitely be used as a substitute if needed or even start some home games but i personally (opinion doesn't matter, just i dont) don't like depending on him for home games and suddenly we don't know what to do away.

And

maybe Ozil doesn't like that role or there must be ego issues since Arteta (now his manager) just used to be his teammate and Ozil might have not agreed to some stuff,

whatever Arteta is doing is with reason we don't know for sure : some part is tactical as well.

but I'm fine with it.

On 10/6/2020 at 11:00 PM, GunnerY2J said:

And Ozil can definitely be used as a substitute if needed or even start some home games but i personally (opinion doesn't matter, just i dont) don't like depending on him for home games and suddenly we don't know what to do away.

And

maybe Ozil doesn't like that role or there must be ego issues since Arteta (now his manager) just used to be his teammate and Ozil might have not agreed to some stuff,

whatever Arteta is doing is with reason we don't know for sure : some part is tactical as well.

but I'm fine with it.

:giggle:

3 minutes ago, hope said:

:giggle:

Every player's good moments video looks great and you didn't answer the away game factor : two big away games in EPL won since Ozil came and both didn't feature Ozil at all.

And Arsenal are doing just fine without him, also beat Liverpool thrice without him.

13 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

Every player's good moments video looks great and you didn't answer the away game factor : two big away games in EPL won since Ozil came and both didn't feature Ozil at all.

And Arsenal are doing just fine without him, also beat Liverpool thrice without him.

You mean being lucky n beating teams. 

We were lucky against West Ham btw and got schooled by pool in epl.

Looks like you are turning a blind eye against Arteta then you wont see a thing.

I see no way of play, no chemistry and no movement from players. Strikers still not getting service, midfield non existant and a lot more.

Screwed not only top4 but europa as well last season. Fa cup saved his a*s. 

As for Ozil in big games, yes he was ineffective but so were others. It was a collective fail for us for many years but dropping him now is BS and the club is looking like a fool here not Ozil.

17 minutes ago, hope said:

You mean being lucky n beating teams. 

We were lucky against West Ham btw and got schooled by pool in epl.

Looks like you are turning a blind eye against Arteta then you wont see a thing.

I see no way of play, no chemistry and no movement from players. Strikers still not getting service, midfield non existant and a lot more.

Screwed not only top4 but europa as well last season. Fa cup saved his a*s. 

As for Ozil in big games, yes he was ineffective but so were others. It was a collective fail for us for many years but dropping him now is BS and the club is looking like a fool here not Ozil.

Arsenal away at Anfield in EPL this season second half performance was very good especially Ceballos.

Good in the sense and comparison we haven't played even decent or been extremely bad in almost a decade at Anfield.

Yes, Ozil could be decent to good in home games vs the likes of west ham.

And yes, dropping him now suddenly looks bad, if it was my wish i wouldn't have minded one bit if he was sold or not given this contract.

Edited by GunnerY2J

4 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

And what collective fail, gave you only two away games (epl) Arsenal have won since ozil came.

Only two in almost a decade and both games didn't feature ozil.

Collective fail yes, but Ozil had a crucial hand in these losses.

Meeting liverpool in mickey mouse cup n in pl is a different thing. Check the results yourself.

4 minutes ago, hope said:

Meeting liverpool in mickey mouse cup n in pl is a different thing. Check the results yourself.

Only Two away wins of epl only

man City vs Arsenal 14/15

Spurs vs arsenal 13/14

^ozil didn't play either.

not counting the EFL cup victory in the away win thing,

And Just saying Arsenal vs good in the second half at Anfield vs Liverpool  in EPL which Arsenal hasn't been comparatively at all in 8 seasons.

Edited by GunnerY2J

12 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

Only Two away wins of epl only

man City vs Arsenal 14/15

Spurs vs arsenal 13/14

^ozil didn't play either.

not counting the EFL cup victory in the away win thing,

And Just saying Arsenal vs good in the second half at Anfield vs Liverpool  in EPL which Arsenal hasn't been comparatively at all in 8 seasons.

Ok lets see till december. 

I dont trust Arteta yet and i think Ozil has a role to play this season. Class is Permanent. 

The main thing is you like ozil and are his fan so this makes you sad(or whatever) and you can't/won't accept.

And most people or most Arsenal fans aren't his fans and don't mind seeing him not play and some wouldn't have minded if this happened much before as well.

I'd have been content if he was sold before his fresh contract.

Nothing to do with Arteta.

Agreed this sudden thing is bad and fishy but it works as well.

Edited by GunnerY2J