The Football Thread

Xeno

In last 10 years, whoever knocked out Bayern went on to winning the whole thing except Atlético who beat Bayern on away goal...similar to PSG now. 

1. PSG (a)
  2. Bayern
  3. Liverpool
  4. Real Madrid
  5. Real Madrid
  6. Atlético Madrid (a)
  7. Barcelona
  8. Real Madrid
  9. Bayern
  10. Chelsea (p)

Let's see. I still feel City will most likely win this year unless somehow BVB knocks them out tonight. 

18 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

In last 10 years, whoever knocked out Bayern went on to winning the whole thing except Atlético who beat Bayern on away goal...similar to PSG now. 

1. PSG (a)
  2. Bayern
  3. Liverpool
  4. Real Madrid
  5. Real Madrid
  6. Atlético Madrid (a)
  7. Barcelona
  8. Real Madrid
  9. Bayern
  10. Chelsea (p)

Let's see. I still feel City will most likely win this year unless somehow BVB knocks them out tonight. 

Was a good game last night. We had enough chances or near chances in the first half as well and apart from the goal, don't think BVB threatened us. My hear sank when they scored and KDB hit the bar. It was a very bad feeling of deja vu. I personally thought the pen was harsh, but we were owed some luck....

Looking at the Bayern home game, they had kept Mbappe fairly quite for long periods of time. He was not able to play off the line and Bayern kept a very alert back line with their off-side traps.

Its going to be a tough game, I don't think it will be possible to keep a clean sheet, only hope is if City is clinical in the final 3rd. I have a feeling Pep won't play a striker again, he'll want more control in the mid-field and will setup the team just like yesterday to try and keep as much of the ball and find pockets of space. Walker will have a huge task to keep Mbappe in check.

FC Barcelona have won the 2020-21 Copa Del Rey

Very good run.

Winning at extra time against Cornella

Coming 2-1 down Vs Rayo

Coming 2-0 down Vs Granada

Coming 2-0 down Vs Sevilla

Flick confirms he wants to leave at the end of the season

Looks like he got DFB job. Hopefully national team can revive. 

Going to be hard to replace Flick at club. Maybe Nagelsmann or ten Hag. 

• 32 to 36 teams
  • No more group stage
  • Every club will now be guaranteed a minimum of 10 league stage games against 10 different opponents (five home games, five away)
  • The top eight sides in the league will qualify automatically for the knockout stage, while the teams finishing in ninth to 24th place will compete in a two-legged play-off to secure their path to the last 16 of the competition.
  • Qualification for the UEFA Champions League will continue to be open and earned through a team’s performance in domestic competitions.

Hmmm