The Football Thread

Xeno

3 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Yeah. I can see the last minute change for penalty worked wonders emoji38.png

He should have gone with Grealish instead of Saka. Sterling penalties are so bad that he might have scored in other goal or shot it out of stadium.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/man-city-star-sterling-continues-penalty-misery-with/1tgn8ko8aaxuz1a0wd0oeoyf9v

He should have gone with Grealish instead of Saka. Sterling penalties are so bad that he might have scored in other goal or shot it out of stadium.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/man-city-star-sterling-continues-penalty-misery-with/1tgn8ko8aaxuz1a0wd0oeoyf9v
Same thing. Why not Grealish then. It was a sh*t decision. Last 3 penalties missed is not a small thing man.

Dear football friends,

I have decided to end my active football career. One year ago I announced my comeback as player for FC Groningen. I began this adventure with a lot of energy and enthusiasm. Unfortunately I quickly begun experiencing many physical setbacks, which meant I could not play games for a long time. After a long road of ups and downs I finally managed to be able to play in the final games of the season.

Looking back on the past season I have to draw the honest conclusion that the amount of minutes of game time was disappointing. I knew from the start that this might happen, but I accepted the challenge anyway and gave everything I had to succeed. And not just me. Everyone in the club and the people close to me helped and supported me at all times. The warm responses and expressions of support from all football fans were touching as well.

I'm incredibly grateful to everyone for this.

After the final game of last season I said I would take the time to make a well considered decision about the future. Not long after the final game I began training again. For me personally it was key to hold on to the built up fitness of the prior months and not regress too much during the summer. That way I could experience whether I felt good enough physically and consider whether it was realistic to continue. Unfortunately my body did not give me the feeling I wanted and the faith I needed. Because of this I've decided to stop.

A very difficult decision, because my mind and emotion were at odds with each other. My football heart would love to continue, especially because I was looking forward to play in a full Euroborg. Just to enjoy the game and hopefully give something back to the fans. But as they say, everything must come to an end. I think the decision to retire is fair and realistic. Because of this, from today forward I am no longer a player, but simply a fan of our FC.

I want to thank all football fans for all the warm support and lovely messages I received during the past year. They were great and heartwarming. I wish everyone a beautiful football season with full stadiums, but above all else good health.

Best regards, Arjen.

?

• Sad 1