The Football Thread

Xeno

The first half was really good but the second half not as much , I don't think Odegaard should have been made captain , he.s not good enough to be a guaranteed starter IMO. Last night I got so annoyed with him , in some defensive positions when they won the ball back , he would play a stupid pass to a teammate in tight sotuations that put unnecessary pressure on them. I guess maybe Partey could have been made captain , he s the true Undroppable from this side. 

Dude! I respectfully disagree... Partey was all over the place yesterday. Soooo many errors, especially in the first half. Was getting super-annoyed at him. Won't be surprised if he doesn't start against Leicester next week.

Odegaard was miles better... I agree that he might need time to prove himself as a captain, but the value he brings to the side is immense. His vision/passes are top-notch! Pretty sure he will be a sure-shot starter throughout the season.

13 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

Dude! I respectfully disagree... Partey was all over the place yesterday. Soooo many errors, especially in the first half. Was getting super-annoyed at him. Won't be surprised if he doesn't start against Leicester next week.

Odegaard was miles better... I agree that he might need time to prove himself as a captain, but the value he brings to the side is immense. His vision/passes are top-notch! Pretty sure he will be a sure-shot starter throughout the season.

I'm not so sure , hope I'm wrong though. Also hope that they don't have to play Zinchenko at LB for too many games , his passing is great but he.s a defensive liability for sure. He.s too slow. He should be paired with Partey in the middle , best combo IMO. 

Just now, SRINI87 said:

What a mess

9 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

From De Jong to Rabiot . Also United is chasing Arnautovic . Definitely not getting into top 4 again :mellow:

Can't be worse then the current crop in the midfield (except Eriksen)

https://www.espn.in/football/paris-saint-germain--frapsg/story/4718930/ballon-dor-lionel-messi-left-off-nominees-list-for-first-time-since-2005-as-karim-benzema-leads-contenders?platform=amp

Was kinda expected considering the season Messi had at PSG. 

Karim Benzema would be a deserved winner for sure ? .

Also unless Messi/Ronaldo can pull off a miracle at World Cup later this year this seems their duopoly over Ballon d'or is over now. What an era it was though. Hands down two of the best players ever to play the game :majesty:

6 minutes ago, SRINI87 said:

This deal looked impossible few days back as per few analysis . But then United gave a crazy offer to both RM and Casemiro and deal is done in what 2/3 days since the story emerged. Unbelievable.