The Football Thread

Xeno

nani nd anderson r our future....

tevez is.... :dance:

tevez :thumbsup:

i think he is gonna play a big role this season.... as at westham last season he wasn't amongst the goal scorers scoring only 1 goal in their last match to save westham from relegation....

**he is hungry** :(

Formula 1 meets Football

Bernie, Flav to take control of QPR

44175_1.jpg

Bernie Ecclestone and Flavio Briatore have “made a recommended offer” for Queens Park Rangers football club, the west London outfit confirmed on Saturday.

The Formula 1 supremo and Renault managing director had been expected to make a joint offer this week and are now set to take control of the struggling Championship club once the deal is officially sealed.

"Bernie and I were delighted to receive a recommendation from the board of QPR for our bid for the club and we look forward to working alongside [chairman] Gianni Paladini and his team,” Briatore told the official QPR website.

“We are fully aware of the history of QPR and the loyal fanbase that it has and are totally committed to bringing future success back to the club.

“Gianni, Bernie and I are all determined to see the club return to the Premiership as soon as possible.”

Briatore has been invited to join the club’s board, along with GP2 team co-owner Alejandro Agag and series director Bruno Michel, while chairman Paladini will remain in his current position under the new owners.

"This offer provides much needed investment and an excellent opportunity to move the club forward which will be translated into positive results on the pitch,” Paladini said.

"I am delighted that Flavio and Bernie have asked me to remain on the board and I hope to play a large part in the future of QPR."

QPR was last in England's top division in 1996, but has faced financial difficulties in recent years and has yet to win a match so far this season.