The Football Thread

Xeno

A real shame. The referee just destroyed the match after sending off Mikel. Pretty boring match IMO, and feel a bit sorry for Chelsea. The referee standards have gone down so much these days.

Mikel deserved the red card. A player who jumps studs first while still upright deserves a harsh penalty.

Well the commentators made more out of the Mikel incident than needed. The referee could have let him off with a yellow card though (Lee Bowyer got off without a card for his two footed tackle on Noble earlier), I thought the Joe Cole tackle on Ronaldo was much worse and definitely deserved a Red.

yeah dude mikel shud have been yellowed but cole should hav been sent off......newayz finaly we scored more than 1 goal in a game this season......finally he played 2 strikers up front......saha looked sharp from the moment he came on......rooney deserved a goal with the way he played

..u support man u or not...

Does it really matter?

Mikel deserved the red card. A player who jumps studs first while still upright deserves a harsh penalty.

Sure, studs first would deserve a harsh penalty, but it was a 50-50 ball. It wasn't intentional, and had the possession of the ball at the time. It was poor technique from him, but it was at best a yellow card. Joe Cole deserved a red card for sure, but he got a yellow. People say that balances Mikel's decision, but look at the timing of both decisions. Mikel's sending off was decisive in the end. And don't make me start on Saha's ridiculous dive :eyebrow2:

I am so disappointed by Liverpool. Sure, Birmingham were playing for the draw, but that was expected. Rafa rotation policy is pretty stupid. Not playing Torres was a big mistake. Actually, I was expecting him to go for 3-3-4 formation. Well......

But who cares, Indian WON :( and Yuvraj got 1 crore :)

Well if liverpool wants to win the league title.. they need to stop depending on just torres... i thought they had enough quality at their home "anfield" to win.. crouch, kuyt, gerrard... guess they just gonna leave it to arsenal and man u to fight for the title...

and adebayor is finally improving his finishing... looks a lot calmer in front of the goal...

GO ARSENAL!!!!

Well if liverpool wants to win the league title.. they need to stop depending on just torres... i thought they had enough quality at their home "anfield" to win.. crouch, kuyt, gerrard... guess they just gonna leave it to arsenal and man u to fight for the title...

and adebayor is finally improving his finishing... looks a lot calmer in front of the goal...

GO ARSENAL!!!!

Eh? Depend on Torres? Wasn't it that we always depended on Gerrard, but we've showed we can give a thrashing without him. It's not about depending on Torres. He's player far too few matches, to show how important he can be. It's just that Rafa has to stick a playing 11. Kuyt and Torres are looking very dangerous upfront, but he has to play them consistently. When he is not injured, why not play him?

And yes we do have enough quality to win, but it was a poor performance, which can happen to any team. Even Man U had enough quality to beat Reading, but they didn't.