The Football Thread

Xeno

This EPL season's end is gonna be so close. Liverpool has to win all their games to win the title, but that means they have to win against Chelsea. Man City need to win all their games and hope Liverpool slip up somewhere. Chelsea can win the league if Liverpool and City drop points in at least one of their games.

:bounce:

I think for us things are pretty simple, we cannot and should not rely on other teams and beat Chelsea.

Its like when Obi wan tells Luke in ROTJ that to become a jedi he has to defeat Darth Vader.

So if we want to become champions we have to beat Chelsea.... and the rest of course.

Its like when Obi wan tells Luke in ROTJ that to become a jedi he has to defeat Darth Vader.

So if we want to become champions we have to beat Chelsea.... and the rest of course.

O.o

/boythatescalatedquickely.meme

yesterday was a proud moment for all the liverpool fans across the globe . the atmosphere just described the football club . the group of supporters we have at anfield are special .

i am a fans of our fans .

The game was just magnificent , city didnt had a clue in the first half but eventually responded after the break . Silva was unstoppable in the third quarter . Raheem and coutinho were immense . the passion coutinho showed in the early moments getting head to head with yaya was incredible . Suarez and Sturridge had an off game but missed so many chances in the first half .

Clattenberg dig his own grave early on by booking suarez so cheaply . that affected his confidence didnt give clear pen on suarez , couldnt book him for dive .

Silva was unstoppable in the third quarter .

Ah yes he was excellent as he has been all season. They attacked the flanks mercilessly in the second half and then seemed to thread the ball in with consummate ease. The diamond played a part in it and it was credit to our amazing play in the first half that we didnt let them exploit it.

Weirdly though this strategy worked better for them with Milner instead of Navas. Sturridge's injury forced the inevitable change sooner. Hope he is back against Chelsea.

I felt Allen / Lucas should've been brought on at half time.

Lucas should have been brought on to replace Coutinho at half time. I know Coutinho hit a magnificient strike for the 3rd goal but I believe we would have not conceded those goals had Lucas been on the field. They were destroying our midfield in the second half.

Still not a big fan of Allen.

Edited by Chief

Lucas should have been brought on to replace Coutinho at half time. I know Coutinho hit a magnificient strike for the 3rd goal but I believe we would have not conceded those goals had Lucas been on the field. They were destroying our midfield in the second half.

Still not a big fan of Allen.

Nah imo sturridge should've been taken off, he was not in his zone and injury only made the choice more obvious. I dont think BR will go with the diamond against chelsea if danny is injured.

Confirmed, no ronaldo for tomorrows match :( should have atleast had him on the bench.

champions league means a lot more than Copa del Rey

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

So I was reading an article about Raheem Sterling which at the end included this little gem

Recalling Liverpool’s comeback from 3-0 down against AC Milan to win the 2005 Champions League, Andrea Pirlo said in his autobiography ‘I Think Therefore I Play’ out in English, today: “There are always lessons to be found in the darkest moments.

“But I’ve tried with Istanbul and haven’t got beyond: For f***’s sake.”

:rofl: