The Football Thread

Xeno

@ Azaan: I'm amazed you managed to remain calm after that first half.

Im amazed you got so pissed. If the ref sees the Suarez shot its a goal and Skrtel mistake was an error. Yes it was a bad half but Ive seen worse this season. Anyways 2nd place is ours :)

A Season where Hope And Pride Restored at Anfield.

From 7th to 2nd and only 2 points off a team that broke the FFP and spent 100 Million in the summer. Also finished above the Special 1 and his little horse.

Oh and Manchester United fans who will pride in our failure to win the league, please enjoy this cause thats the only way you guys can enjoy nowadays.

As much as I dislike Arsenal fans, I like Wenger and hope he wins the FA Cup.

Very Very Proud with this team.

LFC For Life

Glad we managed to end it with a win.

Its been a memorable season for us, yes we might have faltered in couple of games in the end but to be in a position to be still in with a chance (mathematical) on the final day of the season after the turmoil we had the past few years and a manager who is only in his second full season with a squad which on paper should be nowhere near where it eventually finished & keep going on is an amazing achievement in the first place.

That with the most breathtaking football I've seen in my lifetime of supporting this club with scoring 101 goals is just the icing on the cake. Unlike the past few times when we've challenged, this time we are only starting with our new manager and probably with the most settled group of players who are enjoying their football & enjoying their time at the club, we can only go on to be more stronger in future.

Yes there will be a slight disappointment for few days that we came so close to it but that takes away nothing from what've been an excellent effort from the lads & manager (yeah yeah I went a bit over the top with the first half) throughout the season and how we managed to surpass all expectations & predictions.

Already some people might try to bring down our chances for next season but we'll ignore them & go again, as we have been doing throughout this season. Proud of this team & proud of this manager.

Oh & congratulations Manchester City, in the end you deserved it and it was a great fight till the end.

Edited by LeonardoInventions

What a rollercoaster of a season !!! From the title fight to the manchester united disaster.. arsenal spurs rivalry and chelsea with mourinho bashing big teams.. all 3 teams deserved the title.. city for attacking football.. pool for the undying spirit and chelsea for the big scalps.. for us.. a season to forget.. a disastrous moyes season.. with ageing players and horrible transfers.. looking for some good transfers and a great next season..

Congrats to Man City and their supporters. Crazy-crazy season! Arsenal could've been in the top 3 easily, but we only have ourselves to blame to blow it up..... :(

I think Liverpool deserved it more, though!

On the La Liga side:

RM losing 2-0 to Celta Vigo

ATM losing 0-1 to Malaga

BAR 0 - 0 ELC

As it stands, it's Barca's title to lose now. Come on.... Viva Barca!

Edit: F*ck! Atletico scored.... :(

Edit 2: FT. ATM and Barca both draw in their respective games. It goes to the final day in La Liga as well. Barca must beat Atletico to claim the title. Real Madrid is out, for sure.

Edited by VelivolusDas