The Football Thread

Xeno

I can name atleast three guys off the top of my head who are better than him & wouldn't cost anywhere near that amount, Ricardo Rodriguez, Alex Sandro & Alberto Moreno. I'm sure there's someone I'm forgetting....wait....Fabio Coentrao. I hope we try our luck with one of these.

PS - On an unrelated note, I really really REALLY hope Reus doesn't moves to you lot. I just would not be able to stomach seeing him in a United shirt....erm no not at all.

He's at least 3 years younger that the ones you mentioned plus he's already proven in EPL which is a big positive.

Reus is staying put this year :(

Edited by AngerSmash

England squad for WC

• Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster, Ben Foster, Joe Hart
  • Defenders: Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Phil Jagielka, Glen Johnson, Phil Jones, Luke Shaw, Chris Smalling
  • Midfielders: Ross Barkley, Steven Gerrard, Jordan Henderson, Adam Lallana, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Raheem Sterling, Jack Wilshere
  • Strikers: Rickie Lambert, Wayne Rooney, Daniel Sturridge, Danny Welbeck
  • Standby list: John Ruddy, Jon Flanagan, John Stones, Michael Carrick, Tom Cleverley, Jermain Defoe, Andy Carroll

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2626081/England-World-Cup-squad-LIVE-Follow-news-reaction-Roy-Hodgson-names-23-men-Brazil.html

----------------------

Best line up imo

Hart

Johnson Cahill Jagielka Baines

Gerrard Henderson

Sterling Barkley Rooney

Sturridge

Edited by LeonardoInventions

He's at least 3 years younger that the ones you mentioned plus he's already proven in EPL which is a big positive.

Well they are not exactly his grandfathers in terms of age. He is PL proven yes, carries a hefty premium.

No malice/sly intent behind the question, have you seen Ricardo Rodriguez play?

Edited by LeonardoInventions

Stay away from this thread till the transfer window gets shut.

Sala fir panauti lagayega har transfer story pe

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

England squad for WC

• Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster, Ben Foster, Joe Hart
  • Defenders: Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Phil Jagielka, Glen Johnson, Phil Jones, Luke Shaw, Chris Smalling
  • Midfielders: Ross Barkley, Steven Gerrard, Jordan Henderson, Adam Lallana, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Raheem Sterling, Jack Wilshere
  • Strikers: Rickie Lambert, Wayne Rooney, Daniel Sturridge, Danny Welbeck
  • Standby list: John Ruddy, Jon Flanagan, John Stones, Michael Carrick, Tom Cleverley, Jermain Defoe, Andy Carroll

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2626081/England-World-Cup-squad-LIVE-Follow-news-reaction-Roy-Hodgson-names-23-men-Brazil.html

----------------------

Best line up imo

Hart

Johnson Cahill Jagielka Baines

Gerrard Henderson

Sterling Barkley Rooney

Sturridge

Hmm, why no Caulker? :(

Rooney will most likely play as CAM or CF with Sterling-Sturridge on wings.

Midfield: Wilshere-Gerrard/Lampard-Henderson

No changes in defense.

Weak squad!

__

Yaya toure :majesty:

Run machine of Manchester City

Proved it again y he is the best midfielder of EPL for the past 3 seasons _/_

Congrats mancity

:cheers:

Easily one of my favorite and best midfielder in the world. The beast can play anywhere just like Basti and Vidal.

Edited by Heaven Angel

Stay away from this thread till the transfer window gets shut.

Sala fir panauti lagayega har transfer story pe

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

bwhahahahaha :devil:

ok :(

Mereko pata tha bc koi aake ye zaroor bolega <_<

Edited by AngerSmash

Well they are not exactly his grandfathers in terms of age. He is PL proven yes, carries a hefty premium.

No malice/sly intent behind the question, have you seen Ricardo Rodriguez play?

Yeah, if youtube videos count and 3 years is a significant amount in football.

But shaw has the potential to be one of the best and the transfer amount will be forgotten in no time if he does.

Plus if one can afford it who cares at the end of the day. It's not like it's our money.Moreover I am glad to see that we can pay over the odds for a player we want.

Hmm, why no Caulker? :(

Rooney will most likely play as CAM or CF with Sterling-Sturridge on wings.

Midfield: Wilshere-Gerrard/Lampard-Henderson

No changes in defense.

Weak squad!

Yup Caulker has a good season & he's very unlucky to miss out. But then again its Uncle Roy, his mind works in hitherto unknown ways.

Well since Stevie is captain he won't be dropped & imo Henderson will be a better foil alongside him. I'd have put Wilshere ahead of those two but Barkley deserves to start over him looking at his current form.

Sturridge is most effective when he's deployed centrally, but yes cannot see Roy playing Rooney in a wide position. Though off those two, Wayne would be more effective from left I think.

Yeah, if youtube videos count and 3 years is a significant amount in football.

But shaw has the potential to be one of the best and the transfer amount will be forgotten in no time if he does.

Plus if one can afford it who cares at the end of the day. It's not like it's our money.Moreover I am glad to see that we can pay over the odds for a player we want.

Ah youtube, there goes the argument then. We'll see how he goes.

bold - yeah but you cannot exactly predict the progression can you?