Most Pirated Games of 2010

CarbonCore

The guest pass provides free campaign for life and 14 days battle.net

The guest pass allows a guest to play StarCraft 2 for 7 hours of game time or 14 days from activation...whichever comes first.

Once its over you can play the campaign as guest, you won't unlock any achievements.

In any case getting guest pass for Starcraft 2 isn't as easy as pirating it.

PC

1) Call of Duty: Black Ops (4,270,000)

2) Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (3,960,000)

3) Mafia 2 (3,240,000)

4) Mass Effect 2 (3,240,000)

5) Starcraft II (3,120,000)

Who says PC gaming is dead :P

I am a PC gamer and I am really sad to these figures. Each game in the above list suffered a loss of atleast 150 million, which is lot of money. All I can say is that they should stop making games for PC or even if they are making it for PC, they should release it after 6 months or so. The console figures are also in a sad state. Damn pirates, they are going to bleed gaming to death.

Steam will help those games to boost sales with steam sales

Activision is not doing good job for indian PC gamers cod BO is around 3000 for PC version and so does starcraft 2

2k and Ea are amazing who priced they product according to indian market. I hope Ea also follows 2k footsteps and sold their games for 499

^ Haha my PC gamer friends say even that is too costly.. really, most people will just pirate the game. its free after all.

Even one of my friends who owns a 360, he's ready to share with me and buy original console games. but when it comes to PC, he says 499 is too much.

I am a PC gamer and I am really sad to these figures. Each game in the above list suffered a loss of atleast 150 million, which is lot of money. All I can say is that they should stop making games for PC or even if they are making it for PC, they should release it after 6 months or so. The console figures are also in a sad state. Damn pirates, they are going to bleed gaming to death.

Can't really put it down to be that simple. If a thief can't steal something, it doesn't mean that he'll otherwise buy it. In other words, all these people that pirated may have simply skipped that game if they were unable to pirate it and their sales might still have been the same. At the same time, if they had reduced prices they may have had greater sales with a lower profit margin (thanks to sucking in the fence sitters) and hence made a greater overall profit.

^^Ok, let's say even a quarter of people who pirated it would have have bought the game, it would have given the devs at atleast 40 million, which still is lot of money. GOW 3 was developed and marketed at 40 - 45 milliion.

Why would anyone buy a game if they are getting it for free? The tendency to pirate a game is very tempting. People buy legit games coz they know the effort required to make a game. The option to pirate it is always there for them too.

now PS3 too jailbroken ... we will see some numbers for PS3 as well pretty soon i think.

Now we will see more PS3 owners in India...Acc to shopkeeper in Palika, PS3 is outselling 360 after this Jailbreak hack...People are buying 320GB Edition with 12 - 15 games installed on HDD...Which includes KZ2,UC2,GOW3,RDR, BO,NFSHP and even GT5....all for just 1000Rs... :panic:

Archived