**Wii FAQ Thread**

arjun

• 2 weeks later...

Which version is your Wii- NTSC or PAL....I have no idea which region Phillipines is.

Word of advice- Do not buy from Pallika, i had a horrid experience juz last week, their discs are scratched n overpriced, even the sealed ones. Got my money back somehow.

If your Wii is NTSC you could order games from PA.

Which version is your Wii- NTSC or PAL....I have no idea which region Phillipines is.

Word of advice- Do not buy from Pallika, i had a horrid experience juz last week, their discs are scratched n overpriced, even the sealed ones. Got my money back somehow.

If your Wii is NTSC you could order games from PA.

does wii EUROPE points work in my nintendo wii.its from australia??

does wii EUROPE points work in my nintendo wii.its from australia??
Should work, but google before you buy n start cursing me.

its NTSC..all i need is a NTSC game right ?

Yes....which ones do u intend on getting, am myself looking for some games.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
whats the difference between a soft and a hard mod ??

also need to know is there any difference in price between the two mods???

Hard Mod - Installing a Mod chip in the cosole..

Soft Mod - something like ixtreme in Xbox360 ... Its a kind of a software which makes playing ahem games possible on the Wii .. Though you should not get this MOD done as its only temproray and most times you will not be able to play from the Disc as i have heard

• 2 weeks later...
Guys ! iam interested in buyin a wii.now iam really confused whether i should get the console from a retail store or go to pallika.which version sells in india oficially.ntsc or pal.And as far as i could figure out from the post its better to get a ntsc-u version rite rather than ntsc jap.

Now my next question the only games iam interested in playin are super mario galaxy and super mario bros which will be launched later this year.

Now what version are these games i mean officially sold here in india are they ntsc j/u or pal version how do i make sure that games that are available now can play on my console and games like super mario bros which will be released later this year can be played on my console.plz reply asap

The officially available consoles in India are NTSC U/C and all the original games which launch here are also NTSC U/C. So if you buy an official console here in India then you can play all the games you buy in the US and all the games that launch here in India. But the Wii is region locked and and games imported from the UK or other european countries won't work on it.

The last time I checked the Japanese version had only Japanese as its language... And since the games are region locked NTSC U/C games are not compatible on a NTSC- J console... And I am not too sure about the Korean Version being NTSC and even if it is, I am pretty sure that all Pallika consoles come pre-modded consoles... But generally speaking all NTSC - U/C games are compatible on NTSC - U/C consoles...

Guys ! iam interested in buyin a wii.now iam really confused whether i should get the console from a retail store or go to pallika.which version sells in india oficially.ntsc or pal.And as far as i could figure out from the post its better to get a ntsc-u version rite rather than ntsc jap.

Now my next question the only games iam interested in playin are super mario galaxy and super mario bros which will be launched later this year.

Now what version are these games i mean officially sold here in india are they ntsc j/u or pal version how do i make sure that games that are available now can play on my console and games like super mario bros which will be released later this year can be played on my console.plz reply asap

u can buy from palika @10.5 or so. the official one is at 22k. get the version there and dont bother about the japanese or korean ones. coz they are all sofdt modded. these days no one does hard modding and soft modding is all taught online on forums. i myself saw that and modded my pal bought from dubai for 16.5k which was not a good idea coz i didnt know it was 10.5k here .it will play any reagion discs as it is properly modded.and even if it conks out the amount u save will repair it atleast 5 times. u never know the official wii which u get wont go bad. and whether these people acutually have trained people to repair it. coz wii isnt sold much in india.

u can easily play all games in wii in english on the palika ones. i saw that when i went there. i have both the games u mentioned and i play them on my own soft modded pal wii.. and i got these games from palika. and i m sure that the palika modded wii willplay them easily. once its modded u dont have to worry if its ntsc or pal or anything.

Archived