The Careers Thread

MarketTantrik

On 7/14/2021 at 6:44 PM, hellblazer33 said:

Other than linkedin i am unable to get response from normal fresher software engineering jobs.How do i get more response even when i apply from naukri.com or such similar websites?Which website is best to get a IT job asap 

You being a fresher and not getting responses; I would say start with evaluating your CV. Think about how you can make your CV stand out from other candidates in the market. mention all the side projects that you did along with your semester projects. Someone else also mentioned, do attach a cover letter summarising your work, and how you think you will be the best candidate for the job. I believe recruiters use some kind of software to filter out CVs. Do make sure that you mention all the key words from job listing in your cover letter. 

- keep calling recruiters and also, keep following up on regular basis.

- approach your college alumni.

- get in touch with your seniors, batch mates. References work much faster than going through recruiters.

I do not live in India anymore so not sure how much of the process has changed. Does walk-in interviews happen? Try to attend as many as possible, even if it doesn't click it would still give you an experience and will make you more confident for following interviews. 

Lastly, don't get distressed, never doubt yourself and maintain a hobby to keep you distracted. Good luck!

Naukri is the best and pretty much the only source you need to look for a job. I actually have to hide my profile if I am not looking for a change! Almost everyone I know does the same too. The only thing to keep in mind is not mention notice period of more than 30 days. Once selected, you can easily negotiate with hr because not many people reach the end of selection process. If mentioned 60/90, the profile is gonna get filtered from the recruiters.

I don't even know how LinkedIn works, just have my profile setup and don't even know where is cv upload option and if Naukri profile is good.

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

Ah ok. Can try LinkedIn, that had worked for me in the past.

The only problem with connecting with people on LinkedIn is that almost everyone is distributing referrals by the lot because of that sweet bonus.

Hard to find someone who hasn't already referred someone.

The whole point of referrals is going down the drain.

36 minutes ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

Just saw this.

Got perfumes for the family, kept aside some amount for future gifts and treated myself with Mx Master 3.

??

I almost bought it as well but my company's policy restricts Logitech's software and even their wireless mice on laptops.

All of my dreams were crushed.

• Sad 1

On 8/24/2021 at 4:30 PM, KunjanPSD said:

A little off topic but what did you buy or how did you spend your first paycheck?

Will be interesting to know.

My first paycheck was for an internship. Used most of what I got treating my cousin and his family since I was staying at his house for those 3 months.

My first salary was blown to smithereens the day I got it because I ended up having to pay cover charge for a large group of office friends at a club in Cyberhub (got the money back, but my account had money for all of 2 hours before it was empty that day)

• 1 month later...