Sign in to follow this  
MarketTantrik

The Careers Thread

On 10/12/2017 at 7:02 PM, Pushy said:

okay, so, got a call from maybe HR of UBISoft, Pune, for the job of video game tester, will get a call again tomorrow from technical person...so they offered like 2L p.a and will be on contract basis wherein at the end of one year contract they will evaluate the performance and then make the decision of making me permanent or not, and they want me to relocate to Pune, as that's where the studio is, well i am fine with relocating to Pune, but the salary is somewhat disheartening :| 

any expert comments?

also, i am yet to go to GlobalTech Pune for their job offering for the same position (mentioned in earlier post, details in previous page), don't know how much they gonna payout :| but if it's like UBI's offering, then i will have to reconsider getting into game testing :( and look elsewhere maybe :( 

2L p.a too low for a company that don't give regional pricing in India. If they charge US prices on Indians then they need to give salary according to US wage law

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Engineer said:

2L p.a too low for a company that don't give regional pricing in India. If they charge US prices on Indians then they need to give salary according to US wage law

2 lpa is extremely low for any decent company.

But that logic was.... 😐

anyhu, just got back from a trip, meanwhile dad had got a call from them(i have Jio, so i gave them my old old number, which is used by le dad), he told that i was out of station, so they said they would again after 4-5 days, so what am i supposed to say if the salary is negotiable or not and if not then how to reject the offer?

anyhu, just got back from a trip, meanwhile dad had got a call from them(i have Jio, so i gave them my old old number, which is used by le dad), he told that i was out of station, so they said they would again after 4-5 days, so what am i supposed to say if the salary is negotiable or not and if not then how to reject the offer?
Just say that 2L is too low and you won't be willing to work for that money. Research a bit about the ongoing salary for game testers and ask for that salary if they ask how much you want.
If not, then don't bother. You can join some other job and buy tons of games with the extra money which you can test at home cuz Ubisoft games are bugged as hell anyways.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 10/18/2017 at 2:12 PM, Engineer said:

lol

On 10/21/2017 at 4:56 PM, Pushy said:

so what am i supposed to say if the salary is negotiable or not and if not then how to reject the offer

tell them you're expecting <your amount> and if they can't match that then will not be accepting the offer

• Like 1

On 10/21/2017 at 4:56 PM, Pushy said:

Be confident in asking the package you want. Don't worry about whether you are asking more or not. If you don't put forward your case then no one will. If they are not fine with the amount then they will definitely tell you, at least that is what i would do.

• Like 1

reviving this thread because looking for some advice

any online courses related to marketing or management that one can do?
I have 2 months off from college and would like to learn a new skill.

Any suggestions?

On 6/15/2018 at 11:45 PM, harjas said:

reviving this thread because looking for some advice

any online courses related to marketing or management that one can do?
I have 2 months off from college and would like to learn a new skill.

Any suggestions?

Look on Coursera or Udacity.

• Like 3

On 12/10/2017 at 7:02 PM, Pushy said:

okay, so, got a call from maybe HR of UBISoft, Pune, for the job of video game tester, will get a call again tomorrow from technical person...so they offered like 2L p.a and will be on contract basis wherein at the end of one year contract they will evaluate the performance and then make the decision of making me permanent or not, and they want me to relocate to Pune, as that's where the studio is, well i am fine with relocating to Pune, but the salary is somewhat disheartening :| 

any expert comments?

also, i am yet to go to GlobalTech Pune for their job offering for the same position (mentioned in earlier post, details in previous page), don't know how much they gonna payout :| but if it's like UBI's offering, then i will have to reconsider getting into game testing :( and look elsewhere maybe :( 

Don't go for this. You may ask them to match the salary for IT companies like TCS etc around 3.5 lakhs. Ideally, it should be more since there are no fringes. 

Also, most of these companies actually push their menial back-end jobs here. May not be viable just owing to their brand

Edited by Vip3r
missed a point

Anyone done CPA USA? Any advice would be helpful. Advice regarding how it compares with indian CA etc.... would be specifically helpful.

I often see people in this forum using American accounting Jargon, thats why I thought i will ask here.

Planning to make a career in auditing in the UAE.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by kmkaks

17 minutes ago, kmkaks said:

Anyone done CPA USA? Any advice would be helpful. Advice regarding how it compares with indian CA etc.... would be specifically helpful.

I often see people in this forum using American accounting Jargon, thats why I thought i will ask here.

Planning to make a career in auditing in the UAE.

Thanks in advance.

You don't need US CPA for making a career in auditing in UAE. Indian CA should be good for that afaik. 

Regarding US CPA, it's a lot less intense than Indian CA. CPA also has a lot more recognition than CA. 

I'd warn you though, audit is not a great career. Money is half decent but the work life is crap and work is quite boring as well. 

On 8/24/2019 at 11:32 PM, adity said:

You don't need US CPA for making a career in auditing in UAE. Indian CA should be good for that afaik. 

Regarding US CPA, it's a lot less intense than Indian CA. CPA also has a lot more recognition than CA. 

I'd warn you though, audit is not a great career. Money is half decent but the work life is crap and work is quite boring as well. 

Yes

Edited by kmkaks

1 hour ago, kmkaks said:

Are you into finance/audits bro? 

I have already completed my articleship and intermediate and worked for 2 year in Audits in DxB. I don't think switching to any other career will be easy. I am now back in India to complete my education. 

The thing is, in the UAE CPAs are paid 20-30% higher on an average than indian CAs for the same workload/post, I might as well plan ahead since the Arabs have boners for everything Western.

Moreover, to be frank, I am a bit overwhelmed now by the CA Final syllabus😅(I wrote the exam once and failed and then went off to DxB). I just got back this June and getting back to studying the entire ocean of a syllabus is getting a bit difficult(Guess your mindset changes once you are exposed to how things actually work) I don't want to go through pointless bye heart and slog since my focus is on settling abroad.

I was planning to jump ship and finish off CPA but am a bit apprehensive since I don't know what to expect plus all the crap online seems to be marketing so cant trust that. If you have completed CPA or you know anyone who has completed CPA, please do let me know via PM. I will be eternally grateful.

I am a chartered accountant so I don't know a whole lot about CPA. If you are ok with auditing then by all means go ahead with the CPA. There are 4 exams which are nowhere near as expansive as CA syllabus. It's not a cakewalk either. But I reckon it should be doable with focused efforts. 

All in all, a US CPA is a very valuable degree to hold so you don't need to be apprehensive about that at all. 

Ultimately, you still have to put in quite a bit of effort. You'll also have to learn a whole lot of new stuff considering that US GAAP is quite different from Indian GAAP and so is taxation. 

1 minute ago, kunjanp said:

Depends why you want to go abroad.

I have a travel bug lol.

Anyway I wanna go abroad and see whats its like. Not just from a fun standpoint but maybe go there and see what its like to study/work there. Without having to spend a whole lot of money.